• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
1080 Snowboarding was not a long lasting franchise for Nintendo. The original game came out on N64 and its sequel on Gamecube (1080 Avalanche). That was three consoles ago. Is it time for Nintendo to give the series another shot? Or is the genre itself just a nonstarter nowadays? Did you even enjoy the original or its sequel?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Honestly the only snowboarding games I really got into. Something about the control was just so good.

So yes, I'll be there if they release another.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I just want a good, proper bombastic SSX. Maybe keep the wingsuits and ice-pick turns from the 2012 one, but significantly amp up the color and ridiculousness.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. And model it after the N64 game, not the GameCube one.

Many hours spent perfecting time trial runs on the N64 version. Controlled beautifully.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Not unless they can do it better or distinctly different than anything else out there. We've had a number of excellent snowboarding games since 1080 came out. Gonna be hard to top SSX for me

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
lets get another Snowboard Kids as well.
tenor.gif

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
Yes.

And Excitebike.

And Wave Race.

And F-Zero.

All of their non-kart racing games, basically.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yes I would love a true sequel to 1080 since Avalanche was so generic. We also need a real SSX after that weak game we got last gen.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo needs to take pilotwings, Wave Race, 1080 and Excitebike and make a collection with them base in Wuhu Island with free roaming of the island as you navigate between sections for the next extreme sport you want to play.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Personally I'd combine 1080, wave race and Pilot wings into a single game with a combined cast

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Eh. 1080 Snowboarding already got a sequel. Urban Champion never had any sequel. They should make that instead first.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Every Investor Meeting I hope they announce a Nintendo Spots division so we can start getting some of these great Nintendo arcade sports franchises back from the dead

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
they should do a 'collection' game of sorts

Pilotwing/Waverace/1080

call it Pilotwings, but have all the elements of the three

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
it was really fun, those games work better as non open world games so I hope if they do they stick to amazing tracks and don't try to go the open mountain route.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
This far along with the Nintendo Switch and there's still some pretty large voids. A good snowboarding game is one of them.

A 1080 Snowboarding switch game would be real neat.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'd like another one...so long as it's done well. 1080 Snowboarding remains one of my most played games to this day. I adored it as a kid and beat it numerous times. I remember being very jealous of my friend when he got it for Christmas, but he didn't live far so we played it or I borrowed it all the time.

I'd worry they'd screw it up, but it could be good in an SSX Remake kind of way.