• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the Project xCloud final branding

• xCloud

Votes: 142 50.4%
  • Xbox Cloud

Votes: 40 14.2%
  • Xbox Streaming

Votes: 39 13.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 61 21.6%

• Total voters

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What do you think they'll do once they release it more broadly, drop the 'project' and stick with 'xCloud' or go with something completely new or reduce it down to a feature like Xbox Streaming?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It will change just like Scorpio, Scarlett and now XCloud. We get used to it.
I think it will be simple as Xbox Game Streaming like how the app is called now.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to have X in it! I love the fact we get DMX references in all X threads.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The camelCase in "xCloud" is weird and off brand.

It was never "xBox" - so it'd feel like aping Apple's "iWhatever" naming scheme (iCloud comes to mind)
(and it would kinda retroactively degrade the consoles as 'the box' within the 'X' ecosystem)

Xbox Cloud
Xbox Cloud Gaming
Xbox Game Streaming

Something like that. I'd go with the latter ones, because "Xbox Cloud" might very much just sound like a storage location for Save Games and Screen Recordings...

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
xCloud could be anything. It sounds vaguely enterprise-y even.

I'm sure it will have a different name.

OP
OP
jelly

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's whether they need something short and sweet or does the Xbox branding itself do that so long winded Xbox Game Streaming or whatever doesn't matter and is just a feature. I think Microsoft need to simplify their offerings a bit soon.

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
They'll certainly adopt a name that has the "Xbox" brand in full, not truncated to simply "x", simply because it'll be easier to advertise.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
What do you think they'll do once they release it more broadly, drop the 'project' and stick with 'xCloud' or go with something completely new or reduce it down to a feature like Xbox Streaming?

You left out Xbox Xcloud from the poll. But then there is no longer a box so the brand becomes the letter X.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Xbox Passport"

since you can play Gamepass on your phone

Pay me the bucks, Phil

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Call it Xbox Live. "Your games, live, right where you want them, wherever you want them."

Really confuse the hell out of people.

Bootador

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like it, but think Xcloud makes the sense marketing wise.

The word streaming has negative conotations so should be avoided

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I don't like the name. I don't think it conveys what it is well enough. For an average joe walking by an advert, they might not even realize xCloud is an Xbox thing.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I don't personally care much.

But I think maybe XGS is better? Xbox Game Streaming is actually descriptive.. Cloud is rather meaningless. And Xbox Game Streaming shortens to a nice not currently used in gaming acronym.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I don't think they should differentiate it from "Xbox". If it's working well, it'll just be one more avenue into MS's gaming ecosystem. In the near future, it may be the primary way to play MS games. Building up a different brand now will be more work to unravel later.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
nah the app is called Streaming, going to be Xbox streaming or something like that, simple and to the point

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Xbox Game Streaming is good enough. I do think "Cloud" is too alienating of a term for a large audience. Streaming, most people get, now with Netflix and other services. Cloud might have some negative connotation from earlier cloud leaks. Also, seeing as you can do console streaming, cloud is not majorly involved in that process.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
XCloud is already out there in the public consciousness. So I'm in two minds. I hate Xcloud as a name though!

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
It's called Game Streaming. They basically already let you know. It's just gonna be a feature of GamePass like multiplayer is a feature of Xbox Live Gold (for now...it's going away...) :P

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
No. For the average person, cloud doesn't mean 'streaming media'. Netflix isn't referred to as cloud TV shows. Cloud is associated with cloud storage or the like. Like iCloud or OneDrive. It's confusing. You want to be real obvious when you're trying to sell this to normal person on the street.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It needs to change. It's a fun code name for a budding product, but you can't sell it.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I don't think the name matters really, as long as they leverage the integration with their existing market. But xCloud is clearly a name made by engineers and not a product marketing team. So I think they'll change it.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As names go it is pretty lame. It doesn't sound like a product, it sounds like some middleware tech you would parade around a a trade show to sell to someone so they can give it a cooler name before they sell something that uses it.