• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If wearing klan hoods and nazi symbols isn't banned, there's no way in hell that MAGA hats would be.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
You can't "ban them" anymore than you can any other symbol of hate under the U.S. constitution. What needs to happen is it turns into the Confederate Flag where at one time it was acceptable in the mainstream it becomes demonized. Won't make it go away completely but no symbol of hate ever does.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i wish we could steel bolt this shit on these fuckers heads so they can be shamed for the rest of their miserable lives

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
This isn't a hot take, this is a reasonable reaction and policy to put forward correct?

I think maybe going so far as anything related to Trump might be pushing it (I know a dude who wears a Trump golf jacket because it's simply comfortable and "lucky" to him) since there can be plausible deniability, but, you know, seems reasonable after what happened.

No.

I'd rather see them coming.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like being able to spot the pieces of shit.

Even if they were banned, you'd just see people trying to be slick. I live in an area where a Trump hat wouldn't turn heads, but you still have people who wear plain red hats or a red hat with another logo trying to be sly.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously in the US we cannot (and should not) actually "ban" symbols from being displayed, but a MAGA hat should have the same stigma attached to it as a swastika or a white hood.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This isn't a hot take, this is a reasonable reaction and policy to put forward correct?

I think maybe going so far as anything related to Trump might be pushing it (I know a dude who wears a Trump golf jacket because it's simply comfortable and "lucky" to him) since there can be plausible deniability, but, you know, seems reasonable after what happened.

Nah, I like them because they let me know who to stay as far away from as possible. I like it when the crazies proudly identify themselves. If they enter a room, I leave.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
julxo1cagrk21.jpg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you know we'll say yes, and it won't make a difference.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
They should be allowed so we can more readily identify the shitheads in our midsts. Like anti-maskers without the public health risk.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
While they are trash it's also good to know immediately with what kind of people you are dealing with.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe by principal, but the fact is when the Overton window is so fucked in your country the MAGA movement gets over 47% of the vote, and the second highest vote total in US history, I think that kind of move causes more problems than it solves.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No, they shouldn't and can't be banned from public places. People have a quintessential right to wear them, and you have a quintessential right to judge them for it.

Civil rights are civil rights.

Private places, sure, treat it like any hate symbol, if you own a private business and you don't want a hate symbol worn in your business you have a right to restrict that.

In America you have a basic right to wear hate symbols, whether it's MAGA or ISIS. And infringing on that right will certainly be abused against progressive causes more than conservative ones.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I have no problem with anyone who has or continues to wear one becoming social or career pariahs. Can't be banned outright though. There are a lot of people who will be culling their FB & Twitter of MAGA hat photos. If Company X sees a prospect having worn one they should totally reconsider their employment. If minorities can be denied employment just for having ethnic names in this bigoted country then it's only fitting MAGA-clad white supremacists get similar if not worse treatment. Hell wearing/displaying Trump anything and not just a MAGA hat should be social suicide.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Those Red Hats will be their new Confederate/Battle flags... they will wear it with pride to the local coffee shop.. thinking of the old times.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I mean, they're definitely hate symbols, but we don't ban hate symbols because of our precious freeze peach.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
They should be banned as well in online games being used as clan tags and player names.
This. Absolutely should be banned in online games, and any private owned business.
They should be banned and the MAGA cult deemed a terrorist organisation.
If that were to happen, you really would have civil war. The furthest it could go is treating them like ISIS sympathizers, but there's so many it be impossible to keep track of

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This. Absolutely should be banned in online games, and any private owned business.

If that were to happen, you really would have civil war. The furthest it could go is treating them like ISIS sympathizers, but there's so many it be impossible to keep track of

I think this week proved that their talk of Civil War is the talk of a dog trying to catch a car.

Also three of them died by self-inflicted taser/without the police doing anything. I don't think the war will be very long. They post the locations of all their bases to Facebook.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about that. Banning a hat seems a little extreme. How about we just ban the people who wear them from public places?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
We just barely got around to removing the confederate flag from State flags. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get rid of those fucking hats anytime in the next century.