• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Is this Wheel of Fortune? What is the category? Can i get a vowel?

Screen-Shot-2017-03-22-at-9.55.42-AM-e1490191063990-650x399-1-432x243.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Nah because your mates probably a bro doing the whole "punch you becuase you looked" thing.

Also you should probably know this person and how they are like from living with them...

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i browse tiktok sometimes and there will be a ton of tiktoks that are like teasing you with showing you something interesting, and then it'll be that circle gesture at the end.

The reason he set it up as his profile picture is because you see it by default, so he gotcha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DSN2K

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I may ask another house mates views on it. Not really sure what to think. I'm mixed race guy, person in question doesn't really speak to me at all, only reason I noticed was because just bumped into individual leaving the house, I said hello and he basically looked at me, they didnt say anything and walked out of the house. Off that I curiously looked at him in WhatsApp group and noticed the profile. Perhaps it's just whole lockdown thing and they felt I was about to question why they were going out.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nah because your mates probably a bro doing the whole "punch you becuase you looked" thing.

Also you should probably know this person and how they are like from living with them...

I disagree with the first part of this post because you never just assume, but the second part is the way to know.
How is this roommate? Personality? Interest? Edgelord? Any other symbols like clowns or any other WP signs? If all other factors aren't present then it's best to assume its the circle game but based off the pic only, I would keep an eye on them.

Edit
I may ask another house mates views on it. Not really sure what to think. I'm mixed race guy, person in question doesn't really speak to me at all, only reason I noticed was because just bumped into individual leaving the house, I said hello and he basically looked at me, they didnt say anything and walked out of the house. Off that I curiously looked at him in WhatsApp group and noticed the profile. Perhaps it's just whole lockdown thing and they felt I was about to question why they were going out.
I understand why you'd ask, being a POC myself damn right after that interaction plus the symbol I'd be at least on alert for any other tells. Keep your eyes open and handle the situation after observing this dude more.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
he is a white supremacist and you should be looking into what avenues you can take in order to get him off the lease. speak to a lawyer.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's the whole reason alt-righters went with that symbol to begin with. It's fairly innocuous and known to most people as the okay sign. Those who are a little younger probably know it more as the circle game nonsense (which was very big on 4chan). there's a lot of plausible deniability here, but generally when I see someone use it like that, I tend to assume they are trying to gotcha people. It's when you see a group of dudes posing flashing the sign together that it starts to be suspect to me.

Oct 27, 2017
This raises red flags for me.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you know the dude. You probably got a feeling already if hes a Nazi or playing the circle game

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It pointing downwards makes me think of that Tiktok meme "fucking mint".

Usually white supremacists are quite proud with their OK gesture.
proudboys12.png

However, him being quite distant to you could be concerning if he singles you out in blanking you and not to others who happen to be white.

Mar 18, 2020

You live with someone like that?

might be time to consider other options

Oct 27, 2017
The only way to know 100% for sure, is to look at the picture in front of him and see if he punches you in the balls
It's the only way

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I used to play this game all the time thanks to Malcolm In the Middle

why dont u just ask him? Why do u think a dude on whatsapp would even make that a profile pic?