• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Winning a race in Gran Turismo, suddenly invaded by Blaspheming Sprinter who smashes into you. Going to marry your love in a visual novel, invaded by Unfaithful Madman who steals them. About to catch a touchdown pass in Madden, invaded by Tormented Interceptor, and so on. I can't see think of a genre or game that would NOT benefit from this.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
No, I want developers to continue to push new ideas and not enforce other ones if it doesn't work for the type of game they're making.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
No. This is a fucking stupid idea - how would this even work for turnbased strategy games or RPGs?

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no way, that wouldn't even make sense in a lot of games

even in the examples the OP listed it's just dumb

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Good Lord, no. That sounds absolutely awful to me. If I'm playing a single player game, I want it to be my experience.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I added the "single or multiplayer" portion to the title to try and emphasize this wasn't a serious idea but guess it wasnt obvious enough 😔

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
This thread:

e37.png

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd classify this weekend era thread as "Sunday Service"

To answer your question OP, yes. I want invasions in Smash Bros.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh absolutely, then I get invaded while i'm labbing in a fighting game and get my ass handed to me.

Not even the training room is safe anymore. :(

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but that sounds like a bad idea. Not everyone wants that. Some people just want the game and not deal with invasions of a holes. This is coming from someone who loves souls games.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No. Some people play single player games for a reason: they don't want to deal with other people's shit. Even Minecraft had specific servers just for that kind of thing

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Please no.
If that were the case I'd unplug my console for any game that would allow offline play. If no games allowed offline play in this horrible future, then ugh guess I would play a lot less games.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Should every single game......"
The right answer to these questions is always "No".

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Every game in general should be a Soulslike, so they should obviously also have this mechanic

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
Yes! I want to be playing Simcity then bam! Invaded by a mad man causing a riot or spawning tornados. Lol

banter

Jan 12, 2018
It's the dark souls of gaming. They could literally just call the feature dark souls.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Invasions are my least favorite thing about Souls games. When it's not laggy as hell, you're being invaded by some guy quick rolling with the Wolf Knight set and a +10 weapon at the High Wall of Lothric.

It's ok in designated invasion zones like the swamp in Dark Souls 3, but being invaded during regular areas just sucks.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Only if we extend this idea to all applications too, I want people to invade my Word and help with my writings.