• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
(Spoilers)=Thor. With the Sony/Disney/Marvel relationship, do you think this would be possible and should they pursue this??

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
No. Thor is great in the mcu because he's comedic and juvenile in a way.

In the next gow, thor will very much be based on his mythology. Hemsworth doesnt fit that role

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Good thing you put (spoilers) there otherwise people might find out you're talking about Thor...Chris Hemsworth's most iconic role.

And nah, they should find a different voice actor. I don't think Chris' version of Thor fits the tone they're going for.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Not worth the investment because it's a completely different character.

Should Chris voice Thor in Marvel's Avenger? That could be a debate.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Thor in GoW is a different character than the one in the MCU. it's a waste of money tbh.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No.
And are you serious? XD God of War has a pretty different take on these mythological characters, Baldur being a great example. They hired great, award-winning (voice) actors to portray those characters, and I am sure they will hire the perfect Thor, who is not Chris.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No. What would be the point? He's not exactly a great actor, so all it would be for is just a "HEY IT'S THAT GUY" moment.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
not only is it a very stupid idea without even going into Thor not originating in marvel
but they would never be able to afford him

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't think the Thor we'll see in GoW is going to be similar to the MCU version, plus Mimir already offers the perfect type of comic relief in this setting. God do I fucking love Mimir!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Has he even said 'verily' once?

He doesn't have enough gravitas to pull off Thor from the comics, and comic Thor is already much less serious than Thor from the myths.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao at the spoiler warning that basically spoils what you weren't trying to spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.