• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Recast or written out

• Recast

Votes: 504 31.6%
  • Written out

Votes: 1,091 68.4%

• Total voters

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope she gets recast because TV can use more strong (literally) female characters. Hopefully they could find someone who fits the bill and can turn in a better acting performance. I can see her just being written out bc she's ultimately not that important of a character, but I'd think Disney would want to be able to utilize her in all their various EU media.

I'd love Lucy Lawless to get the part, but she might be considered too old for it now being 14 years older than Carano is. I'd be willing suspend my disbelief just to get her on the cast.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
l6cb4ieklsg61.jpg

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Write her out, we have far more compelling female characters in The Mandalorian Era now with Fennec Shand, Bo Katan and Koska, Ahsoka, and hopefully Sabine (if she is with Ahsoka at some point).

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
They can have an episode where someone asks what happened to Cara Dune and then Mando says like, "Oh, we found out she's an anti-semite so we don't hang out with her anymore."

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Without even sounding like a dick because she deserves nothing...her character has no more importance to the story. Her arc is done. No need for her at this point.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
This may be a weird way to look at it but writing the character out feels like she won. The character is cool and we shouldn't allow her to kill it. I think recasting and keeping the character going would be a nice fuck you to that bitch.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Write her out. No one is about to miss Classic Star Wars Legend Cara Dune, seriously.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
That show is not very complex. It relies so much on per episode guest gigs that you can get by a long time just ignoring her. Drop a line that she's been killed when appropriate and that's it.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This may be a weird way to look at it but writing the character out feels like she won. The character is cool and we shouldn't allow her to kill it. I think recasting and keeping the character going would be a nice fuck you to that bitch.
The character really isn't cool though to me. Snoozefest everytime she's on screen. Just forget about her and focus on all the other interesting characters that season 2 brought or whatever new ones they want for season 3. No one will legitimately miss that character when thinking about their favorites from Star Wars.

If the character becomes legit good through a recast Gina will always be part of that character. When recapping how it all started she will always be brought up. I would just prefer her character dies or is never mentioned again. Bring another character that fills a similar niche but is also just way better if anything.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
If the character becomes legit good through a recast Gina will always be part of that character. When recapping how it all started she will always be brought up. I would just prefer her character dies or is never mentioned again. Bring another character that fills a similar niche but is also just way better if anything.

This is a good point. I definitely like the idea of forgetting she exists completely.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Don't mention her again and introduce a new character that is similar with a better actress, both morally and talent.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Write her out.

Any actress replacing Carano would be stepping into a shitstorm of toxic crap that they don't deserve.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like season 2 ended in such a way it wouldn't even be necessary to mention her again. They should just introduce a new character.

Melmer

Sep 18, 2020
UK
I remember all the rumours of the Cara Dune spin off series. Maybe that is actually what this firing is about?

As they could've just quietly never used the character again. But to publicly fire someone? maybe they've got a really good idea for the Cara Dune series that they want to go forward with, and Gina being a piece of shit has been a huge blessing in disguise. As they can now recast with someone who can actual act.

set the series 10 years in the future, which'll help with the recasting as the character has aged a bit and hire Lucy lawless 👍🏻would make a cara dune series a million times more appealing.

gina was so fucking wooden that honestly the cara dune character even after two seasons is still a complete blank slate. Any actor could be recast and make it their own

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
She had like, zero development in season 2 so just use the opportunity to come up with another character to fill the need.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I mean if they can recast Han Solo they can recast Cara Dune. But I agree that she's not important enough character that they can just replace her with another character.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a show that features planet hopping, just make a new character.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Write her out.

Make it real disrespectful too.

Mando: I'll need a team.

Greef: You've got one.

Mando: Miggs?

Greef: He's around. If anyone can find him, I'm sure it's you and your old "back from the dead" buddy. He and Fennec are always looking for...more opportunities.

Mando: and Dune?

Greef: She...has some problems she needs to work out for herself. *Deadpan stare at the camera*

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The character is a pretty stalwart ally at this point and been a part of some of the best episodes. I say recast.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
She was already a nothing character by a nothing "actor". The only thing Carano was ever any good at was the action scenes.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Lucy or bust. She also actually deserves her own show. Or even better. Bring her in as a completely new character.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I remember all the rumours of the Cara Dune spin off series. Maybe that is actually what this firing is about?

As they could've just quietly never used the character again. But to publicly fire someone? maybe they've got a really good idea for the Cara Dune series that they want to go forward with, and Gina being a piece of shit has been a huge blessing in disguise. As they can now recast with someone who can actual act.

set the series 10 years in the future, which'll help with the recasting as the character has aged a bit and hire Lucy lawless 👍🏻would make a cara dune series a million times more appealing.

gina was so fucking wooden that honestly the cara dune character even after two seasons is still a complete blank slate. Any actor could be recast and make it their own

It's not a rumour, the Cara Dune character was likely to be in the new Rangers of the New Republic show in addition to Mandalorian season 3 most likely. And depending if she went further, then the eventual Thrawn event series. Anyway like it was said before in this thread, her arc is over. Mando has his team of Mandos now and they'll bring in more characters from the cartoon and make more new characters. I dunno they can bring back Prince Xizor and Dash Rendar because why not. Sure Mara Jade too.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
i've never seen the show but in general I always lean towards writing the character out in cases like this

recasts pretty much always just feel super awkward