• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Capcom Delay RE3 Remake?

• Yes

Votes: 84 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,946 95.5%

• Total voters

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
51 as of now voted YES.

I would like to believe that at least 50% of those did it because of phsycial edition logistic and supply chain worker-related concerns.

Because, I mean, we are ALL at home, we need GOOD games, what good would a delay do?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
This won't spoil the whole cutscene or anything as it's a bit surprising, but for specifically what's relevant to this thread.

(Resident Evil 3 Opening Cutscene Spoilers)

It includes scenes of news people talking about how this is the fastest spreading pandemic in modern history, recordings of riots in cities and police forces and riot teams going out to keep people from leaving, a government official talking about quarantining and isolating the lower midwest of the US, and the like.

It'll be a bit fun releasing in this modern era.

Wait, what ? Are they changing the canon ? The virus is spreading beyond Raccoon now ?

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Not for creative reasons, no.

Logistically, buying a physical copy will be a challenge in many countries and I would support a short delay on those grounds. Releasing early digitally doesn't make much sense given that would throw retail into an even more precarious situation.

Oct 25, 2017

Logistically, buying a physical copy will be a challenge in many countries and I would support a short delay on those grounds. Releasing early digitally doesn't make much sense given that would throw retail into an even more precarious situation.

Short delay could turn into months. It's close enough to get it out.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Short delay? I don't think the covid virus will be a short term problem. If it gets delayed it will be a q3/q4/2021 release.

A bit off topic but reviewers are also already playing FFVII for review according to the Beyond podcast.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Are there some people that would literally be offended by the virus in RE3? If so, they just not function in life.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
should FF VII Remake be delayed since it deals with pollution? and a world dying because humans keep polluting it?

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
No. That would be silly. It's not insensitive to release a zombie game during a pandemic. During this down time more video games are very much appreciated.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see them having any window for at least a year where coronavirus just "blows over" that would allow them to release RE3 without controversy. Releasing it now is the best move since Capcom would have no idea when the "right time" would be to release the game at that rate.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I can totally understand why people wouldn't want to play it at such a time, but no, they shouldn't delay it.

As an aside, some of y'all really get worked into a shoot by some outlets

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They should release earlier with FF7 and keep people at home playing.

Already said this a million times. Release the fucking games digitally. The stores are all closed. Leave us playing safely.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of real reasons for concern, debate and call for action amidst a big pandemic that has killed thousands and infected hundreds of thousands. A video game is not one of them.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Why? Animal crossing just release and is breaking sales records left and right. So I think RE3 will be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
tODkSfT.jpg

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Between the "Company should release game now" and "Company should delay game" this is being insufferable. Stop making up issues that don't exist. Shut up.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
It's already out there. Some stores have broken street date.
The game is finished, it's been shipped, and it's already in some people's hands.

It would make absolutely zero sense to delay it.