• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Capcom Delay RE3 Remake?

• Yes

Votes: 84 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,946 95.5%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, the whole game is about a woman struggling to maintain social distance from a dude who just won't follow the guidelines. People need to learn the lessons this game has to teach.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
No. Fuck no. WTF No. Need something like this to play. What is wrong with you?

Oct 25, 2017
It's a weird thing to say on a review I think. But surely they didn't let that affect the review score?
Is it weird that people say playing Animal Crossing right now is especially great because it is so relaxing and takes your mind of the state of the world?
I don't think so.
Whether it influenced the review, who can say. The reviewer praised the game a lot but also pointed out some flaws and ended up with a great score. Read like a fair review to me.
btw. I am completely enamored by HL:Alyx, I find it absolutely incredible so far.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What should be done instead is ban RE6 forever. The game features an outbreak in China with the "C-Virus". Clearly an insenstive thing made by CAPCPOM. They should do the right thing and stop selling the game and never mention it again.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Yes as it would be incredibly insensitive to all those who've undied and become zombies during this crisis.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Is it weird that people say playing Animal Crossing right now is especially great because it is so relaxing and takes your mind of the state of the world?
I don't think so.
Whether it influenced the review, who can say. The reviewer praised the game a lot but also pointed out some flaws and ended up with a great score. Read like a fair review to me.
btw. I am completely enamored by HL:Alyx, I find it absolutely incredible so far.

I see your point. But judging a game differently because of events that have nothing to do with it is problematic. So it could be a good or bad time to play this or that game, but it doesn't change their inherently quality. But anyway, I'm sure there is enough talked about this subject.

Let's wait and see how RE3 reviews turn out.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Its too late, nothing can contain the RESIDENT EVIL 3 now, soon it will infect thousands, perhaps millions of consoles across the world, maybe yours is infected at this very moment, showing symptoms of a Demo

Deleted member 64503

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 13, 2020
Even if this was a good question( it's not) some people already have the game great way to piss of your entire fanbase

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017

If this were reddit, you'd get my upvote.

As far as the main question goes, this is probably the time we need more releases than ever, since so many people are stuck at home. I also admit part of it is just my selfishness to play it, since original RE3 is one of my favorite games ever and wouldn't want the remake delayed. I can kind of see how some people would think it's in bad taste, but RE is in a very fictional world with zombies, mutant dogs, and giant worms so it's pretty far removed from the real world. Even if it wasn't, that hasn't stopped other forms of media focusing on realistic viruses causing mass devastation from being crazy popular right now, like Contagion (Though I honestly don't know why ANYONE would want to watch that right now, since it's so realistic and close to what's happening now).

So, basically, no, it should still be released.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, this would be financially irresponsible if Capcom did it. Irresponsible to their shareholders and irresponsible to their employees who rely on Capcom making money to keep their jobs. This is literally the perfect time to release a video game with everyone stuck indoors.

May 31, 2018
Nope. Digital distribution is really showing its necessity during all this. Really good the infrastructure is there. The ones who can't get it by digital means and for some reason can only do an in-store pick up will be there to purchase it after this all lifts, so sales shouldn't hurt too bad either.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've never understood this kind of reasoning. Nobody's getting offended and upset about a game about something as common as a viral outbreak. Same goes with The Last of Us Part 2. It'll also be dumb as hell from a business perspective since there's no better time to release home media.

Maybe if this was Resident Evil 6 you may have a point.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Not for that reason listed. The pandemic isn't a fucking Zombie outbreak, don't be ridiculous. They should do it if it endangers the safety of their employees, who undoubtedly include some contracts and international help.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Come on, i get we are all annoyed at home and stuff but what's the sense of this topic, they have zero reasons to even think abut delaying it, covid-19 and a fantasy game about zombies have nothing in common

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy for folks that want this game as an escape, but for me, I couldn't deal with a game this stressful that's also about mass panic and mass deaths due to outbreaks.

I can't be the only one, but for Capcom, I hope many feel differently. They deserve a hit with a game this well-made.

Don't worry. This game will be a huge hit. A lot of Netflix top watched movies and show are about outbreaks. People are not trying to hide from this. It is increasing interest in viral outbreaks if anything.

No, but I wonder how many people are willing to play something stressful like RE3 right now... I know I'm not.

Millions are.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
No, but I will say this right now, the opening cutscene of Resident Evil 3 definitely might push some's comfort levels a bit with everything actually going on in the world, but arguably it also makes it more relevant.

However, horror works over time have shown people seek out fictional horror works that deal with modern world horrors as a form of coping. For example, The Exorcist boomed at the height of the Satanic Scare of the 80s.

Damn, now I want to see the opening cutscene !

MoogleMaestro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it would be wiser to release the game near Halloween anyway. Not a popular opinion, but serious zombie games during a global pandemic probably won't sell as well as it potentially could (especially as death toll peaks and overall morale declines over the coming month.) I would gladly eat crow if this is wrong though, since I love RE. :)

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't have removed the scene of Arsenal Gear crashing into New York in MGS2.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, now I want to see the opening cutscene !
This won't spoil the whole cutscene or anything as it's a bit surprising, but for specifically what's relevant to this thread.

(Resident Evil 3 Opening Cutscene Spoilers)

It includes scenes of news people talking about how this is the fastest spreading pandemic in modern history, recordings of riots in cities and police forces and riot teams going out to keep people from leaving, a government official talking about quarantining and isolating the lower midwest of the US, and the like.

It'll be a bit fun releasing in this modern era.