• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Uncle Ben died on a Monday
resize

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
They can alternate in the role the same way that Mitchell and Webb did for Sherlock Holmes.

(@1:21)

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 150% positive that scene is better than anything that will be in the actual movie

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE the idea that you thought that was an actual leaked script, OP. Amazing.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
That script can't be real, it just can't... Right?
Doesn't sound anything like Garfield's Spidey. Like, at all.

Edit: OH thank fuck

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's worse the unfunny OP or the numerous posters that either didn't read the OP or somehow thought it was serious.

OP
OP
Mr. Sam

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what's worse the unfunny OP or the numerous posters that either didn't read the OP or somehow thought it was serious.

I maintain it's funny if you're familiar with the discussion surrounding The Amazing Spider-Man film on then-videogame-now-white supremacist website circa 2012. I'm beginning to realise it's a niche audience. You didn't even like the phrase "Spider-Cum" though? That's broad.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Who would you replace him with then? Reading that script, the only two actors I can think are Ben Schwartz or JK Simmons, but I feel like he's too heavily associated with being the band leader from Whiplash.

Why the fuck would I want to replace him? The only reason why this potential multiverse Spider-Man meet up is so interesting and will blow the internet is because of the 3 original Spider-Man actors from their own Spider-Man movie universes meeting each other.

What the hell is this thread?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Humorous weekend threads need to be aware they are weekend threads, and the humor has to be at the expense of the OP. OP needs to know this, and frame their insanity in such a way that generates discussion and makes people leave the thread feeling better because it's funny or they learned something. You can't exclaim it is funny yourself—people have to agree that they get the joke or offbeat humor. You can't automatically jump into defense mode because it fell flat. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I do like Spider-Man though.

OP
OP
Mr. Sam

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
Humorous weekend threads need to be aware they are weekend threads, and the humor has to be at the expense of the OP. OP needs to know this, and frame their insanity in such a way that generates discussion and makes people leave the thread feeling better because it's funny or they learned something. You can't exclaim it is funny yourself—people have to agree that they get the joke or offbeat humor. You can't automatically jump into defense mode because it fell flat. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I do like Spider-Man though.

You have honestly put more thought into this than I have and I wrote a page and a half of a fake film script. I'm sorry if my posts about how much I liked Silence came over as defensive; I honestly didn't actually like it that much.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
"The following is a list of my loved ones" got a chuckle out of me to be frank. :)

JUST to humor anyone up for an actual talk though,
- I don't believe the next Spider-Man film will be a Spider-Verse thing
- If it is, I DEMAND Garfield, 'cause apart from the horrendous script (or lack thereof) I legitimately liked his Parker way more than Maguire's.

OP
OP
Mr. Sam

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
"The following is a list of my loved ones" got a chuckle out of me to be frank. :)

I'm glad!

To be genuine, I've had a pretty awful time since I posted this thread and I think much of that is on me for both not being prepared for typical forum combativeness and for then responding to and encouraging it. At the start, I honestly thought it was funny and most people would realise that it was a joke and - less understandably - parse my criticism of The Amazing Spider-Man films. Oddly, I didn't learn from my experience from posting a similar thread about Jurassic World, though that seemed to have a higher ratio of posters who "got" it. It's my fault for being obtuse and weird I guess.

The only instance where I think I was roughly handled was that Babadook meme, which I think is frankly ableist if you dig into it at all. I don't think the poster necessarily intended that but that's the obvious subtext.

At any rate, I'll be logging off now, as I'm no longer in the mood - as much as I ever was. I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and enjoys the next Spider-Man film when it comes out.

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I applaud OP for a vintage taste, if a bit coarse.
Please join us on my new forum PlayEPOCH, launching December 2004.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
"You know Eddie we really are the Sinister Six!"

Did you even read those images?
I LOVE the idea that you thought that was an actual leaked script, OP. Amazing.

The fact so many people believe this thread isn't parody is blowing my mind right now, satire is truly dead

Full disclosure: I thought a script in which Spider-Man uses his webshooters to mime ejaculation would have fewer people telling me about how good an actor Andrew Garfield is.

I'm with you OP, the script was clearly amazing. It's no surprise people are convinced it's the real deal. Which it obviously is.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I was about to write two paragraphs on this before I realized this was a weekendEra thread posted on a Tuesday.

Is this actually a thing, intentional weekendEra threads? I thought the whole point of Era's insanity was that it just happened.

.....It's more fun that way anyway. :U

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Garfield was not the reason that the ASM movies were lackluster. Dude was perfectly good in the role. Hell I like him better than Maguire.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I think this thread was ultimately redeemed by the number of people who clearly didn't actually read the OP, or they did and thought it was serious. Their responses made me chuckle, so thank you for this fine Tuesday gift OP.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah lol, I can't really see the connection. Ben Schwartz is great, probably a big part of the reason I enjoyed Sonic. He should definitely get more work.