• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Batman accept Ra's Al Ghul's offer to be his heir?

• Yes

Votes: 56 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 45.1%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So the central root of Batman and Ra's Al Ghul's conflict is that he wants Batman to be his heir and take over his operations. Normally Batman refuses. But thinking about it should he really? I mean he would access to a worldwide organization that goes back to centuries and have an entire army at his command. Not to mention he could reform the League of Assassins to better fit his ideals. And he would also have access to the Lazarus Pit which would be a good boost provided it is used wisely and he probably would use it wisely. So should Batman accept Ra's offer or reject him?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If Batman accepts will Ra's stop using the pits and die off? Batman could just wait for him to be out of the picture and then dissolve the League.

I imagine there's no way that he doesn't indirectly get someone killed though (either Ra's or an assassination target before his plan can go into effect). That might make it impossible for him to go along with it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ra gave up on batman and goes after Damian with that offer

I say yes, and then turn the tables on him and use the League of Shadows as his crime fighting army

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Ra's typically wants Batman to kill or allow others to be killed before Batman can accept the title. So, no.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Depends. Does Ra's eat pussy?
537c9578ca1ea6741c0a02a81dcdf99c.jpg

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The League will get tired of him trying to use the organisation to help people, and they set up a new group where Bruces aren't allowed.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
No because Batman doesn't kill people except the ones he throws off buildings or runs over with his car.

So maybe actually yes.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine he'd still try and fuck Batman over in the end. Just look what he did to his own daughter in Batman Beyond. Despite all his self aggrandizing bullshit he's still a petty greedy POS and Batman know's that so I doubt he'd ever do it for that reason alone.

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know of all the Elseworlds and alternate universe stories ... I don't think this has ever been done...

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Ra's would more than likely screw over Batman eventually. Look at how he treats his own daughter and grandson.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me why he needs a heir? Doesn't he live forever? Not familer with the comic lore.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not, the League of Assassins would never actually be loyal to Batman's no-killing, crime-fighting agenda. If he wants an army, he can build one himself. Or buy one. Every two-bit villain has access to henchmen: surely Bruce Wayne can scrounge some up?

Dude's trained a half-dozen kids to be Robins, so why can't he train his own League of Crimestoppers? If that's something that he feels would benefit his vision for Gotham/America/the world. It might take longer (although let's face it, subverting the Assassins wouldn't be an easy task either), but seems way less likely to backfire horribly.

He already did something similar with Batman Inc., right? How'd that turn out?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
He gave him a grandson, it's a good compromise I think
Bruce didn't actually give him a grandson.

Can someone tell me why he needs a heir? Doesn't he live forever? Not familer with the comic lore.
Because the man wants to do something else with his life. That's about it. He doesn't necessarily need one.

Though some stories have stipulations on the Lazarus Pit fluid so that it doesn't work on him as well as it used to, so him needing an heir is for when the Pits can no longer revive him.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
"Not to mention he could reform the League of Assassins..."

Guy that doesn't like to kill people being the leader of a league of assassins? That's like a vegan being lead chef and head of new product development at Jack's Steak Shack.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
He trained the Batmans, he gave the Batmans his name. I'm talking bout Ra's Al Ghul! Played by the incomparable Liam Neesons.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Of course not, the League of Assassins would never actually be loyal to Batman's no-killing, crime-fighting agenda. If he wants an army, he can build one himself. Or buy one. Every two-bit villain has access to henchmen: surely Bruce Wayne can scrounge some up?

Dude's trained a half-dozen kids to be Robins, so why can't he train his own League of Crimestoppers? If that's something that he feels would benefit his vision for Gotham/America/the world. It might take longer (although let's face it, subverting the Assassins wouldn't be an easy task either), but seems way less likely to backfire horribly.

He already did something similar with Batman Inc., right? How'd that turn out?
It got hit with that rebooted timeline, iirc. Can't have a league of Batmen if you've only been batman for **** years. Despite having like 6 Robins and 3 Batgirls in the same time.

Oct 29, 2017
Ra's' whole thing is cleansing the earth of what he considers to be corrupt and decaying societies in a nuclear fashion, no chance in Hell Bruce would ever go along with that, and I feel like the League would mutiny if he tried to push them in a different direction.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It got hit with that rebooted timeline, iirc. Can't have a league of Batmen if you've only been batman for **** years. Despite having like 6 Robins and 3 Batgirls in the same time.
You're wayyyy out of date. They stopped paying attention to that 2011 reboot thing in 2013 and as of last year, current canon has him as Batman for 21 years.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
You're wayyyy out of date. They stopped paying attention to that 2011 reboot thing in 2013 and as of last year, current canon has him as Batman for 21 years.
Thanks for the update, I dropped following Batman titles regularly outside of the big events when they burned Tim and Cassandra. Time to see their many fantastic adventures, right?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the update, I dropped following Batman titles regularly outside of the big events when they burned Tim and Cassandra. Time to see their many fantastic adventures, right?
Tim is around doing Tim things and Cass is doing Batgirl things as Batgirl along with Steph who's still Spoiler though and Babs even though she spends most of her time as Oracle.