• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What are the shortest games you've ever paid money for and come away pretty satisfied?

Paper Plane Airplane Chase is a DSiware game that only takes a few minutes to play but I really enjoyed. It's a much expanded version of the game in Wario Ware.

Any favourite games that are very short but still a paid game?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Journey or Abzu probably.

Those were probably 2-3 hours. Maybe some of the walking sims like Gone Home. Gris took me around 5 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First that comes to mind is Paratopic at about 45-60 minutes. It was great and definitely worth the money though.

That said, I'm sure there are shorter games that I got in bundles and never played.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
It would have to be one of or all of the following:

Journey
Blackwood Crossing
What Remains of Edith Finch
1979 Revolution: Black Friday

I loved Journey and What Remains of Edith Finch and am lukewarm on Blackwood Crossing and 1979 Revolution: Black Friday.

Edit: Totally forgot about Gone Home. That might be the shortest game out of all the others.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
A Bird's Story was like an hour or something. I got it on sale, so it was worth the cash.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had games back in the 8-bit days that were a half hour long if you could survive.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The first Jake Hunter game on DS. So short I bought it after school around 2:30, was back at the store around 5:00 to return it saying it didn't work. Thank goodness Gamestop doesn't keep crap shrink wrapped half the time so I was able to pull that off, plus it was the only copy in the store so I got to buy something else.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
chuchel, an adventure game on steam by amanita design
took 4 hours to 100% and get all achievements (and i was stuck for a bit, it can probably be done in 3 hours), but i still thought it was an amazing game and worth the money.

edit: actually i have another game on steam that i 100%d and got all achievements even quicker. it's year walk which i finished in 2 hours, but it's a port of a mobile game, and i had already finished that a few years ago and remembered all the solutions to the puzzles so if it's your first time it'll probably take 3 or 4 hours.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
To the Moon is probably the shortest, either that or The Room (Neat puzzle game). Both left me satisfied, especially To the Moon. Can't wait for the animated movie to come out so I can cry again.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
A whole bunch of shmup ports. A lot of shmups can be "completed" in in around 25-50 minutes.

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
Attack of the Friday monsters, I played ten minutes a day for a couple weeks for around 2.40 hours in total.

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Bonus points if you can suggest games that cost less than a million dollars to make 🤔

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Probably Abzu in recent memory, or maybe Bound.

I don't want to say that Mayo game ok.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Donut County.

Bought it on sale for $10 and platted it in one 4 hour or so sitting. Was very disappointed

Really surprised that this game is getting such praise. it's a cute and quirky game due to the dialogue and characters but the gameplay is shallow.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Most recently, Minit. I was having a lot of fun with it but then completed it out of the blue in just over an hour. I was expecting a lot more content but I think I'd mistakenly stumbled upon a really efficient route through that missed many quests, though obviously not knowing that I was very underwhelmed when the credits rolled.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Zone of the Enders I think, or the second. Both weren't that long.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This one's pretty hard to beat in this category:

capsule_616x353.jpg

Around 15 minutes or so, depending on how long you stare at the scenery.

Fugo

Nov 16, 2017
Crimson Shroud on 3DS. A small gem by the genius of Matsuno. It's short but very replayable. Was worth it!

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1 on XBLA. The game ends when the song does, which is about 13 minutes.

As for a physical game, if you count a single skater's career as finishing it, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1.

I also got Worms on Xbox 360 for free with a memory card.

Last edited: