• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
I can only think of a handful of WWE lifers who will probably stay no matter what. Reigns, Rollins, Becky, Usos, New Day, Orton, Miz, Sheamus... But I think anyone outside of them could be convinced.

Did we ever have a 4-way four horsewomen match in WWE? The idea of it happening elsewhere has me cackling, but I agree Becky probably won't leave.

Hexagon

Oct 27, 2017
British Columbia
Did we ever have a 4-way four horsewomen match in WWE? The idea of it happening elsewhere has me cackling, but I agree Becky probably won't leave.
https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2FC7aA7NVU4AA3cTt-850x480.jpg

Here you go, buddy. The gang's all here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
An exodus in WWE would be huge. The only time I can think of this kind of thing is when there's an exodus in Japan and that led to new promotions. ZERO1, NOAH, Wrestle-1, all started when top Japanese companies did something and a large swath of the roster walked out. Two of those were AJPW fallouts. This happening to WWE would be huge.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
An exodus in WWE would be huge. The only time I can think of this kind of thing is when there's an exodus in Japan and that led to new promotions. ZERO1, NOAH, Wrestle-1, all started when top Japanese companies did something and a large swath of the roster walked out. Two of those were AJPW fallouts. This happening to WWE would be huge.

Can you call it an exodus when WWE is just axing most people?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

I mean the people who just aren't resigning. They're likely turning down larger money to just work elsewhere. It speaks immensely to the problem that's at root in the company. I think Moxley's remarks about how the "system" doesn't work rings true when people just up and leave. I think the amount of talent that are pure company boys and girls is not as high as Vince imagines morale to be. Cole and Danielson leaving wasn't them being fired, they wanted out for reasons. I imagine a lot of people will feel more comfortable with that as a possibility now that there are local opportunities elsewhere.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I said it in the AEW thread but if they lose like 95% of their workers and are left with people like Gargano and Ciampa to be the workhorses they are gonna be so screwed. Not because they can't go but if that's all they have I can't imagine them wanting to stay either same for people like Styles and Claudio where like all their friends are now elsewhere. It's already been a slow domino effect going for a while when AEW first started and now it's like a full on Rube Goldberg machine of WWE people leaving and coming to AEW.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If you care at all about the art of wrestling, you are going to get out of the WWE as soon as you can unless you don't have faith in yourself to deliver and just want to cash a check.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Damn also Sami's contract is up this year? Be wild if him and Owens bounced just months apart.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
If you care at all about the art of wrestling, you are going to get out of the WWE as soon as you can unless you don't have faith in yourself to deliver and just want to cash a check.
That's the thing. It's more than even that now. After just flat-out releasing guys like Wyatt and Strowman, what the hell is even job security for WWE talent? All of the mid to upper card performers outside of Roman and a scant few others are gonna be weighing the increased money of a WWE paycheck against maybe less money with AEW but having faith that said paycheck is actually going to be there for the 3-5 years they're signing that contract for.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I said it in the AEW thread but if they lose like 95% of their workers and are left with people like Gargano and Ciampa to be the workhorses they are gonna be so screwed.
Heres the current WWE reality. They have an age problem.. and an inability to make you care about ANYONE.

AJ has already said hes done when his contract is done.
Owens is as good as gone unless they dump a TON of money on him
I could see Sami leaving
Priest is pushing 40 and hes a "rookie"
Jeff Hardy is about done.
How much longer will Orton WANT to go?
Edge will be done soon.
Lashley is 45 currently. How much longer will he want to go?
They have pretty much RUINED all the high profile NXT call ups by forgetting what made them special to begin with

Im rambling here, but the point is that Vince and Co havent made a single young, cool, bankable star to build the future on.

Im gonna say it.. ROMAN AINT IT.
His heel work has been the best of his career, but you KNOW they are going to make him a face again.. and it will fail... AGAIN.

You wont be able to pull the Brock Lesnar panic lever for much longer.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I can only think of a handful of WWE lifers who will probably stay no matter what. Reigns, Rollins, Becky, Usos, New Day, Orton, Miz, Sheamus... But I think anyone outside of them could be convinced.

Not so sure Xavier will stick with WWE once his contract is up. Last I heard... he wants out and has been preparing for his way out with all of the side gigs and keeping himself prepared for post-WWE (G4 gig, gaming gigs in general, etc). He had to give up UUDD and it... well didn't sit all that well beyond allowing him to do what he wanted while WWE controlled the advertising side of the channel. A lot of his friends are leaving (Breeze, Cole, etc) and he has been there coaching them on the side on his opinion on best moves for them post-WWE.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Heres the current WWE reality. They have an age problem.. and an inability to make you care about ANYONE.

AJ has already said hes done when his contract is done.
Owens is as good as gone unless they dump a TON of money on him
I could see Sami leaving
Priest is pushing 40 and hes a "rookie"
Jeff Hardy is about done.
How much longer will Orton WANT to go?
Edge will be done soon.
Lashley is 45 currently. How much longer will he want to go?
They have pretty much RUINED all the high profile NXT call ups by forgetting what made them special to begin with

Im rambling here, but the point is that Vince and Co havent made a single young, cool, bankable star to build the future on.

Im gonna say it.. ROMAN AINT IT.
His heel work has been the best of his career, but you KNOW they are going to make him a face again.. and it will fail... AGAIN.

You wont be able to pull the Brock Lesnar panic lever for much longer.
They are all in on The Great Khali 2.0, Omos

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not so sure Xavier will stick with WWE once his contract is up. Last I heard... he wants out and has been preparing for his way out with all of the side gigs and keeping himself prepared for post-WWE (G4 gig, gaming gigs in general, etc). He had to give up UUDD and it... well didn't sit all that well beyond allowing him to do what he wanted while WWE controlled the advertising side of the channel. A lot of his friends are leaving (Breeze, Cole, etc) and he has been there coaching them on the side on his opinion on best moves for them post-WWE.

we are owed new day v young bucks damn it

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

That's where Cole and, above everyone else, Bryan leaving is so huge. Dude just main evented Wrestlemania alongside two of the top stars, was offered almost everything he wanted ANDDDD he even liked working in WWE. He still leaving just because AEW looked more compelling sets the tone for the future. The only way WWE can pull them back and keep the talent is by being a compelling show themselves, and they don't have the gunpowder to make that shot. It's not just people bieng unhappy anymore, is the other side looking and actually being greener.

The only way I can see something like this stopping, is somehow having someone like The Undertaker backstage, not in the sense of drawing people via matches (please, god, please no) but as having someone that can motivate people in the back and also taking a stance. You know, like when he threatened to punch HBK in the face if he didn't drop the belt to Austin, but this time when creative do shit stuff.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The only way I can see something like this stopping, is somehow having someone like The Undertaker backstage, not in the sense of drawing people via matches (please, god, please no) but as having someone that can motivate people in the back and also taking a stance. You know, like when he threatened to punch HBK in the face if he didn't drop the belt to Austin, but this time when creative do shit stuff.

The only wrestler in the stable that I could see having the power to do this in the WWE now is Reigns but he sure isn't stepping to the plate.

After Vince cut Strowman and Braun, I feel like he can cut anyone at this point. It's still fucking wild to me that the Fiend was basically the face of the WWE for a while and he got the ax.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The Miz is going to be on Dancing with the Stars. I think things are looking up for the WWE.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
The Miz is going to be on Dancing with the Stars. I think things are looking up for the WWE.
Big Tuna seems to think he'll do well as he saw him on a late night show dancing one time.

I can't believe the ego of wwe producing a documentary about 9.11 and how they brought smiles to faces.

Last edited:
OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Josh was robbed

Also Kenny was ranked higher than Roman Reigns on the PWI which I'm sure will lead to a productive conversation on twitter.

1. Kenny Omega
2. Roman Reigns
3. Bobby Lashley
4. Drew McIntyre
5. Kota Ibushi
6. Jon Moxley
7. Will Ospreay
8. Finn Balor
9. Shingo Takagi
10. Rich Swann

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Josh was robbed

Also Kenny was ranked higher than Roman Reigns on the PWI which I'm sure will lead to a productive conversation on twitter.

1. Kenny Omega
2. Roman Reigns
3. Bobby Lashley
4. Drew McIntyre
5. Kota Ibushi
6. Jon Moxley
7. Will Ospreay
8. Finn Balor
9. Shingo Takagi
10. Rich Swann

I think Daniel Garcia deleted his tweet, but he said something like "233 is certainly a choice" or something like that. LOL Wrestlers totally get gotten to by these kayfabe rankings.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Josh was robbed

1. Kenny Omega
2. Roman Reigns
3. Bobby Lashley
4. Drew McIntyre
5. Kota Ibushi
6. Jon Moxley
7. Will Ospreay
8. Finn Balor
9. Shingo Takagi
10. Rich Swann

Josh Alexander was absolutely robbed. Kenny does deserve the top spot though.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
Josh was robbed

1. Kenny Omega
2. Roman Reigns
3. Bobby Lashley
4. Drew McIntyre
5. Kota Ibushi
6. Jon Moxley
7. Will Ospreay
8. Finn Balor
9. Shingo Takagi
10. Rich Swann

I'll admit I don't follow WWE closely but does it seem charitable to put Balor in the top ten for the year to anyone else? I feel like every time I've seen him mentioned lately it's about him being sidelined or misused.