• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I will never understand how ANYONE can get mad at someone who wants to make this world a better place.

I mean, what the hell is wrong with you?
Go and fuck yourselves

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
That is absolutely pathetic.

I think that Greta seems like a good hearted and courageous young lady with uncommon clarity of mind. Sure her public presence has become a sort of symbol of a movement, but she uses the platform to the good.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck... This guy is literally what got me into serious anime back in the day. FMP was by far my favourite mecha they pulled me into a lot of other stuff. Fuck. Why do they always turn out to be massive assholes.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
What the flying fuck. This seems like something really, really random to get mad about.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Guy who writes a manga/anime where fairies and woodland fantasy creatures are literally being sold as narcotics has a mean antienvironmental streak?

Shocking.

Looks like he deleted the tweet and posted an apology

"You know we're trying to sell your fucking show in america right? Take it down now."

He's full of shit.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Small penis syndrome.
Eh, women too. Mostly men though. But I think it's very much a RIght-Wing thing. In my town there's a small group of people who every Friday stage a "Climate Sit" where they just sit in front of the court house and talk politely with people who want to talk to them about the environment/climate changes. And hoo boy, they get a lot of hate on facebook, especially from some white thrash lady and an a bunch of angry old white men. The common thing about them is that they all seem to be the type to vote for either the Conservatives or the Far Right party.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
He sounds upset, fuck em
As a big fan of the FMP series (especially Fumoffu!), this saddens me immensely.

I bet Bonta-kun wouldn't feel this way.
This, also isn't that series like... I dunno like " hey war is bad " like it feels weird to take this stance as well. But I dunno , this form of hatred isn't logical

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I reported his tweet and now Twitter sent me a report to say the tweet is no longer available. Did he delete it or did Twitter take action on the harassment? Either way, good.
XpFI2Do.png

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope after the doubtless swift call form the publisher to suggest he maybe tries not being an arse on Twitter that Shoji Gatoh perhaps takes a moment to reflect on how pathetic it looks to want to destroy someone whose stance is "Listen to the experts, please don't ruin the planet for everyone who comes after you".

It won't stop me watching FMP but it is incredibly disappointing to see any adult act like this.

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude needs to take a break from animanga because he's starting to sound like a cartoon villain instead of a real person jfc.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Honestly his comments dont sound too much different than the responses you see in any thread about veganism

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
The cartoon villainy on display here's bad enough, but between the conspiracy theories and "DURRRR SHE'S USING HER AGE AS A SHIELD", I nearly had an aneurysm reading the Anime News Network comments. Get the fuck out of here with your disingenuous bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
You learn far too much about people thanks to social media. In another time I could have spent my entire life thinking of him as nothing more than the creator of hilarious anime. Now I also have to keep in mind that he's a fucking asshole.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User banned (permanent): trolling, multiple prior severe infractions
Greta Thunberg already admitted that she didnt accomplish anything with her protest.

I dont like her too. I ignore her. I focus on people like Boyan Slat and his Interceptor.

I even bought a piece of land in Scotland to save nature and they planted a tree in my name to create a whole new forest. I did more for enviroment protection than Greta Thunberg with all her talking.

In Germany... The kids around greta and fridays for future are creating around 8 tons of plastic waste after each protest and they proudly post on instagram how cool it is to be part of fridays for future than in school.

The kids wouldnt be there if they had to do it after school. Now they found out that there are people who got paid just to take part in the protests. The responsible company said "its an art project".

Last edited:

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Greta Thunberg already admitted that she didnt accomplish anything with her protest.

I dont like her too. I ignore her. I focus on people like Boyan Slat and his Interceptor.

I even bought a piece of land in Scotland to save nature and they planted a tree in my name to create a whole new forest. I did more for enviroment protection than Greta Thunberg with all her talking.

In Germany... The kids around greta and fridays for future are creating around 8 tons of plastic waste after each protest and they proudly post on instagram how cool it is to be part of fridays for future than in school.

The kids wouldnt be there if they had to do it after school. Now they found out that there are people who got paid just to take part in the protests. The company said "its an art project" lol

uhhhhhhhh ok?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

The kids wouldnt be there if they had to do it after school. Now they found out that there are people who got paid just to take part in the protests. The responsible company said "its an art project".

...What?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's with that steak comment?

Is Greta a vegetarian/pescetarian/vegan or is this some sexual innuendo?

She's making people think, she's making people realise things. That's leadership, she's inspiring. It's not fair to say she does nothing.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
What's with that steak comment?

Is Greta a vegetarian/pescetarian/vegan or is this some sexual innuendo?

Humankind's insane consumption of cattle meat is one of the main driving factors of global warming. The reason for that is a) the methane cows produce and b) the crazy amount of feed they require which takes large amounts of land to grow.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

you're a jerk lmao

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Humankind's insane consumption of cattle meat is one of the main driving factors of global warming. The reason for that is a) the methane cows produce and b) the crazy amount of feed they require which takes large amounts of land to grow.

Thank goodness, I thought he might have been saying something much worse.

However I now wonder why governments like to set goals in regards to car use (Like France for example) but no one seems to be talking about reducing beef consumption.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
This doesn't address anything in the tweet. It's a reductive soundbite that actually reduces intelligent conversation. Think this guy is wrong? Voice your opinion, make yourself heard. Stand up for the person he's oppressing.

Don't rely on tribalistic memes to make a point. It's not nearly as clever as you think it is.

In 99.9% of cases I thoroughly agree with you but not ones like this. Guy's a lowlife piece of shit who doesn't deserve to be taken seriously enough to hear our explanations. Also there is nothing logical in the tweet to address in the first place, just an angry, aggressive, sad little man.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FMP went from one my favorite anime series to trash. God, what an awful human being. Greta hasn't done anything for weeks publicly and she's still got a place in these asshole's heads. That means she did something right.

Must suck to be that hateful and pathetic.