• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Ready for 4 pages of people screaming "JUST RELEASE IT VOD!!"

Did they ever release anything after the initial teaser; like a full blown trailer showing the Busters in action or anything?

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't even know it had a March date. Mind must have blocked it out cause any date shift to me now just sounds like "indefinitely".

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
it's going to change again, cause everyone is crowding each other. I don't know why they are insistent on giving hard dates. It's just going to turn people off

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just hold the film till next October? Theaters will hopefully be recovering by then and it's more season appropriate.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
A week after Vivo, two weeks before Venom, a month before Uncharted and 2 months before Hotel Transylvania. Busy summer for Sony.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
it's going to change again, cause everyone is crowding each other. I don't know why they are insistent on giving hard dates. It's just going to turn people off
I'm really curious what is going to happen if a vaccine is readily available in the spring, say around April? Enough people would probably get it and then think everything is fine (cause humans suck) and would go to the movies again in full capacity. Would the theater/movie industry agree to lower ticket prices for like 3 months so people would be more willing to go see multiple movies? Like a "Welcome Back" stimulus for themselves.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what is going to happen if a vaccine is readily available in the spring, say around April? Enough people would probably get it and then think everything is fine (cause humans suck) and would go to the movies again in full capacity. Would the theater/movie industry agree to lower ticket prices for like 3 months so people would be more willing to go see multiple movies? Like a "Welcome Back" stimulus for themselves.
First people have to trust it to get it, the polls on that are not good(thinks anti science movement), and second humans are creatures of habit, I don't see folks rushing back to the theaters even with a vaccine. We will be a year out with any sizeable opening of theaters

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched the first Ghostbusters for the very first time recently (haven't seen the 2nd or the reboot). Where does this take place? Do I watch 2 and the reboot as well?

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I just watched the first Ghostbusters for the very first time recently (haven't seen the 2nd or the reboot). Where does this take place? Do I watch 2 and the reboot as well?
One... how is that possible? And two, I'm kinda jealous you got to see it for the first time later in life.

This movie takes place after GB2, so yeah, you should watch that as well. The 2016 reboot movie has nothing to do with the old ones or this new one.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Meh. The trailer was so underwhelming and non-Hype inducing that I keep forgetting this is even coming out.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
At much as it sucks to see it delayed again, GHOSTBUSTERS SUMMER is back on the table! I want Ecto Cooler, themed Twinkies, weird milkshakes at restaurants, etc. Gimme all the movie tie-ins.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
For the life of me I'll never understand why they didn't just make the other reboot a direct sequel and just have it be the remaining original Ghostbusters handing off things to a new generation.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

I don't see theatres ever getting back to where they were. We're creatures of habit, and we've gotten used to staying home to watch movies when we want.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They can reschedule all they want, thing is i'm not sure when i'm feeling safe to go to a theater again... so i'm not seeing it most likely.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
One... how is that possible? And two, I'm kinda jealous you got to see it for the first time later in life.

This movie takes place after GB2, so yeah, you should watch that as well. The 2016 reboot movie has nothing to do with the old ones or this new one.
Lol, thank you! Yeah, I just had never seen it before (I'm 26 for the record). I watched it with my girlfriend as a halloween movie, but I suppose it's not really a halloween movie either? I was curious about 2, because she likes it, but I have heard some people don't.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Lol, thank you! Yeah, I just had never seen it before (I'm 26 for the record). I watched it with my girlfriend as a halloween movie, but I suppose it's not really a halloween movie either? I was curious about 2, because she likes it, but I have heard some people don't.
People tend to just say 2 is the same as 1 in terms of plot and set pieces, but it still feels very different (to me at least). I saw GB2 in theaters when it was released and I was 7 and it was like the greatest thing ever in my life up to that point. I was in love with GB1 since I was 2 or 3 years old (first movie I can ever remember actually watching as my dad had recorded it on VHS off HBO back in the day).

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017

The videogame is technically Ghostbusters 3 since it was based on Aykroyd and Ramis' original script. Not to mention that it has the original cast with Ramis included. RIP.

The videogame is a worth more a look than the reboot movie.