• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mine was good and my gf was great, but then a woman ran a stop sign and smashed into my car. So I spent a chunk of the night on the phone with my insurance.

So there was that.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Valentine's is bullshit anyway, don't sweat it. It's the other days that matter.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't even realize it was Valentine's Day. I'm single and ready to play single player games.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Long day at work. Long as fuck drive to her place. Still cook something for her. She throws a tantrum.

Sounds like you could do better, mate. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day, hopefully the weekend improves a bit.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
sounds like you need to go no contact, grow a beard and hit the gym

i had 2 steak bakes instead of my usual 1 for dinner

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Damn OP, that sounds awful. Luckily Valentine's Day hasn't been super important in my relationships in my life. I hung out with my GF last night to this morning. We watched 2 episodes of Mad Men, had sex, ate dinner and drank some coffee in the morning.

I simply gave her a card and got us some dessert. We don't take it that serious, kinda get a couple of themed things I guess?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
You should have just celebrated on some other random day. Wife and I didn't do a thing except order some food and finish up Titans haha.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I ate pizza with my gf. I could never get along with someone who has all these expectations for holidays and such, just chill the fuck out lol

This.

Hopefully next V-day you spend it with someone that is a bit more grown up.

And this.
If my girlfriend would seriously be mad at me for "ruining" VD, even though most of it wasn't even my fault, like in OPs case, I would seriously question if this is going to work out. It's a fucking made up holiday, it's not like the quality of a relationship has to be tested and verified on this single day. uuugh... just reading about this annoys me.
Also OP was stuck in traffic for 2,5 hours, why didn't she already cook something?

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude the 7/11, 7NOW App was fucking amazing

$1 condoms, $1 hot pockets, $1 pringles

Like it was McGuyver flashlight edition

I partook in the deals, no way I'm not grabbing those brownies, cookies and a couple of those chimichanga burritos

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Not every day is gonna be a winner, OP. I've had days where I was too tired from work and other BS that I didn't spend enough time or think about my girlfriend enough. Sucks that it had to be on Valentine's Day.

Thankfully for me this Valentine's Day went great because we communicated beforehand on what we wanted to do. Went out to eat after work and spent a full hour snuggling. I'd recommend to anyone who had a bad Valentine's Day to try keeping it simple but intimate next year.

Havik

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
There is this girl i like at work, we were talking and she said her boyfriend never bought her flowers so I decided to buy her a single rose as a friendly gift.
She liked the gift but in the afternoon her boyfriend had a big-ass bouqeut of roses.....

I felt like a complete idiot the rest of the day. :(

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bullshit holiday that's just built to pour money into. You can be spontaneous and show affection any day of any week of any month and if anything it'll mean that much more vs this -designated- day. You'll make it up to her, I'm sure.

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Its just a day on a calander.
There is this girl i like at work, we were talking and she said her boyfriend never bought her flowers so I decided to buy her a single rose as a friendly gift.
She liked the gift but in the afternoon her boyfriend had a big-ass bouqeut of roses.....

If it was true display of friendliness, don't feel like an idiot. She probably did appreciate your thoughtfulness. As long as you weren't trying to gain anything romantic or sexual out of it, nothing to be ashamed about.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
She seems a little inmature. Why give so much importance to It?. Just a festivity invented by companys so we spent money.
I just ated pizza with my boyfriend and after that we fucked. I like it much more that going out when everything is overpriced and overcrowded.

Oct 27, 2017
This.

And this.
If my girlfriend would seriously be mad at me for "ruining" VD, even though most of it wasn't even my fault, like in OPs case, I would seriously question if this is going to work out. It's a fucking made up holiday, it's not like the quality of a relationship has to be tested and verified on this single day. uuugh... just reading about this annoys me.
Also OP was stuck in traffic for 2,5 hours, why didn't she already cook something?

Yeah, it's not like OP didn't try, he tried to make the day awesome.

I bought some bath bombs and me and the SO decided to take a soak, but I'm to big for the tub when I'm alone in it, so when we both were in the tub it was akward as all hell, but we laughed about it instead.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Bought some chocolate for my GF while I was out in the field today. We were gonna stay in and cook, but instead we went and got Thai food. Shopped at Target, and headed home and relaxed.

Sounds like you have a real winner there OP if she really shat on your life for doing the best you could based on the circumstances.

I always hated that fake pressure to go all out on a manufactured holiday, doesn't help that people want to flex on social media to their followers what they got for Valentine's Day.

Sestrugen

Oct 28, 2017
If she's legitimately upset about a made up holiday and is letting it affect the relationship I would reconsider the continuation of the relationship, she failed to understand the context of the situation. How old are you both?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much pressure to do something special that it makes it difficult to live up to expectations.

Anyway my story is my son has been sick for a couple days and we took him to the dr a couple days ago but was just diagnosed with a viral infection so no treatment given. Today he started tanking with a high fever in the afternoon so I had to take him to urgent care when I got home from work so I was there all evening and I got back home with him at 9. By the time we got him to bed we were both too tired to do anything.

It wasn't a big deal or anything though.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I went to the gym then came home and cooked some pasta. Probably rub one out, play some Apex and hit the hay. All in all a good Vday.
Wow I did the same exact thing except I played RE2 and had chicken. Plus it was dope because the gym was empty thanks to a downpour of rain all day and people out trying to do stuff I suppose.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was the first V Day with the new girlfriend.

I told her we could make it up another night but apparently that doesn't count because it's either February 14th or never.
What a petty women.

My gf did go to cinema alone, because our shifts didn't really fit and nobody was hurt, but me. Won a round in Apex tho, so all ist he fine. Haha

Last edited:

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Me and my partner just grabbed a very nice but cheap aparthotel room, ordered a lot of food and just spent the day relaxing and drinking together.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017

Its 4:30 am, i cantt sleep but i just spent a good minute giving myself asthma from laughing.

She has a fucking boyfriend, why would you buy her a rose? Even if you were being a good "friend." Still don't, you don't know what her boyfriend was planning since by the afternoon she had a bouquet.

I would stay from anyone that is us whining about the lack of flowers in the middle of the morning on Vday.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, its a weird day and you kinda have to destroy it and rebuild it from the ground up into your own personal (in regards to you and your partner's relationship) celebration. the concept and current iteration of Valentine's Day is something we're both staunch opponents of, but at the same time 1) i love spoiling the people i care about and 2) she loves flowers. so i had some local florists deliver a few bouquets to her (and a few close coworkers of ours) at work as a surprise, and then after work instead of wasting time cooking we just grabbed some burgers to go from the local pub, came home, watched Clueless and Bram Stoker's Dracula and then fucked with some of our new toys. most of this was discussed and decided beforehand, so we were both on the same level re: expectations for the night.

it was your first V-Day in a new relationship and on top of that, a bunch of shit you couldnt really have any control over went down before you even got home. she definitely reacted in a way that wasnt super healthy and i know how you feel because ive had relationships like that in the past. but given the circumstances, you have to decide if you think those specific conditions are a result of a single bad moment that you can talk about and work through, coming to an understanding together, or is indicative of what the future holds for the both of you. could be that her excitement about what is generally regarded by the populace as a "special and romantic day" coupled it being a watermark in a new relationship didnt meet her predetermined and perhaps excessive expectations, which can be understandable but still shitty, or it could be shes going to be a person who will never appreciate whats done for her and is impossible to please... or something inbetween. thats up to you to decide.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forever alone here, lol. Seriously unless you are in high school, a day manufactured by flower and card companies should not mean anything to you.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Don't try to move in on someone else's girl on Valentine's Day. Better yet, don't try to move in on someone else's girl who is your immediate coworker with a gas station rose. If you're going to do that you better get them one of those king sized slabs of peanut butter cups and a cool flip lighter that they keep at the front too.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Went to a pub with a mate, got drunk and went for some chicken wings and more drinks at hooters.
Not exactly my best valentines

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
Me and my fiancée didn't even realize it was Valentines's day until it was time to go to bed. It's a pointless garbage day and is best ignored tbh.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Fuck Valentines day.

Your girlfriend makes it to be some bullshit sacred love holiday. If she is so hung up over it, it's not worth it. Valentines Day is just a day of extra hard marketing by corporations to sell people tacky branded shit. None of that day makes any bloody sense in relation to St. Valentine, anyway.

Any day is a good day for a nice evening with a loved one, February 14th is no more special than any other. The quicker people realize this, the better.

Havik

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Its 4:30 am, i cantt sleep but i just spent a good minute giving myself asthma from laughing.

She has a fucking boyfriend, why would you buy her a rose? Even if you were being a good "friend." Still don't, you don't know what her boyfriend was planning since by the afternoon she had a bouquet.

I would stay from anyone that is us whining about the lack of flowers in the middle of the morning on Vday.

I'm lying if i said i dont have a crush on her but ive accepted the fact that nothing will happen as long as she is in a relationship. The conversation about the flowers was like 2 weeks ago so she wasnt whining about not getting anything.

I wanted to give her something because she helped me with some personal stuff over the last week but the rose was probably a bad idea, shoud've given her some chocolate or something. We talked about it and had a good laugh at the end of the day so it wasnt all bad.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Saying "this was my worst V Day" to your partner when he/she clearly made effort to make it good is a very shitty and immature thing to do.

Oct 30, 2017

As you should. This is why we have a dating OT.

Last edited:

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
My girlfriend was at home vomiting and having diarrhoea all day while I was out for about 15 hours working and travelling between home and my two jobs. So yeah sucked a bit, I don't care for V day whatsoever mind you but I still wanted a nicer day for her at least. Plus this week has been more stressful than most for a while and with me having my first break next week from work for maybe something like 4-6 months I was looking forward to time with her and just really necessary time for rest for myself but I'm getting the feeling now that it's actually going to turn out to just be a stressful week that will make me feel worse.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I celebrated early. Best decision ever. I had the romantic dinner. Gestures. Gifts. Half the cost. Come valentines day I sat down and had pizza and 0 regrets.

Moral of the story. Dont let others tell you how to act on x day. Be what you want to be.