• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Starman from Pro Wrestling Nes, this motherfucker has a flipkick that has no counter or defense against. So of course people just spam it
hqdefault.jpg

Of course Bo Jackson in tecmo ball
71uGWRaSciL._SX425_.jpg

Other examples that can end friendship?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Stealing a star in Mario Party.

Back when I didn't know how to counter it; heavy kick sweeps in street fighter/mortal kombat.

Many

Sep 17, 2018
The Farsight in Perfect Dark? You can autolock on the nearest target and see through walls.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
throwing sand in eyes in Bushido Blade

it's against the code of Bushido, I don't care if they put it in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
In 2D scrolling fighters, accidentally hitting your partner, and accidentally picking up heath items you don't need (the two usually go hand-in-hand).

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
When my wife and I played 3D World back in the day and she kept picking me up and throwing me off the edge by accident.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Blanka's electric field move you get by rapidly tapping light punch in Street Fighter 2. It's easy to circumvent if you know how, but between inexperienced players I've seen it lead close to fist fights.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
The crown in Super Mario 3D World will remind you that anyone one in your life will betray you for a chance to wear a shiny gold object.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When you try and jump over a gap in New Super Mario Bros and someone else bounces off your head, forcing you down into the pit.

Every time.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
who ever thought up the blue shell should face charges
Maybe in the older games, but current Mario Kart it can at least be countered with a music box.

Small shit always causes major fights - like how you can punch each other in Rayman Legends... or that SLIGHT pause fucking everyone up in some of the New Super Mario Bros. game when someone dies... that shit devastates groups.

Rev408

Dec 28, 2017
I forget which Splinter Cell it is but a buddy of mine did the coop and at the very end they turn you against each other. So I ended up with an achievement that he didn't and to this day those 5 extra gamer points are a sore subject.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
When Me and my friends used to play halo, we would kill eachother over and over again to get the sniper rifle in the third level in Halo, Truth and Reconciliation.

every time without fail

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any of the Overcooked games, but I am told that they cause fights between partners. Confirm or deny?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
-Streets of Rage: stealing all the health and/or not picking up health based on size/need. If someone's close to dying LET HIM HAVE THAT TURKEY. If you got hit once you don't need an apple bro.

-NES TMNT games: stealing lives, though I guess that applies to any other game with that mechanic. My friend would always go ham on the aircraft carrier boss and die almost immediately instead of being strategic and would then proceed to steal my lives. IIRC you could do that twice, so if you die, steal a man, come back to life, and die again, you could steal ONE MORE TIME but that's it. (right?)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Eating the fucking pizza in ninja turtles games when the other person needs it more than you do.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Can't remember the details, but friendships were permanently damaged in Virtua Tennis and SoulCalibur. LOL