• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Official site:

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate | Spike Chunsoft

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate Official Homepage.

Nintendo eShop link:
www.nintendo.co.uk

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate

The Classic Roguelike Wanders Onto the Nintendo Switch!

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/amp/202009/08205398.php?__twitter_impression=true

It is likely the western release date is the same week since Switch and PC western release was confirmed for 2020.

Details in the Famitsu link (Google translated):
Title: "Mysterious Dungeon Feng Shiren 5plus Fortune Tower and Destiny Dice"
Model: Nintendo Switch, PC (Steam)
Release date: December 3, 2020
Price: Package version 3980 yen [tax excluded], download version 2709 yen [tax excluded]
*The package version comes with a 60-page special booklet and a newly drawn storage box.

Genre: Dungeon RPG
Number of players: 1
Language (text): Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
CERO: B (for ages 12 and up)
Sold by Spike Chunsoft

_________

The physical release in Japan:
y_5f5705c800c52.jpg

Update:

2nd update:

Last edited:

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
By the time the vita version came out I was already losing interest in the machine so I'm there for the Switch port

Oct 26, 2017
Oh look, seems it comes with English, so folks can import it if SC fails to give the Switch version a retail release in the west.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
So Gematsu is confirming western release date

heehofiend

May 13, 2018
I rather not import, but I am losing any sense of hope Spike Chunsoft will do a Western retail version considering they have been tight lipped on it.

Gio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manila
Is there anything new that should make consider getting it if I already have the Vita version?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
So close yet SO FAR

LOVE this game will be here day fucking one

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
didn't expect a ww release!

edit: that's almost exactly 10 years after the game was originally released for the DS (december 9th, 2010 in japan)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see the game getting a physical release in the west. I was so close to buying the Vita version way back, but for some reason decided against it. I'll definitely be correcting that mistake now and picking it up for the Switch, it looks like a lot of fun.

Edit: Wait, a physical release isn't confirmed for the west? I might be importing this from Japan then.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm skipping this since I have already beaten it on Vita but I really hope this leads to the HD version of the Wii game on Switch. That was the best Mystery Dungeon game I've ever played.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
FINALLLY AAAAH! I had a Vita in my cart like 5 separate times solely for this game but could never justify it. Yes!!

Any word on western Physical release? Or, the JPN cart has English options it looks like?

edit: I see that yes, JPN has English options, and Limited Run Games is doing a western physical release. I'll likely double dip; day 1 for digital and day 794 or whatever for whenever LRG releases it. Man! I can't wait.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a few reviews are out

Legend has it that Reeva, god of Destiny, holds sway over the past, present, and future. Said to dwell in the mysterious Tower of Fortune, Reeva decides the fates of all mankind with a trio of magic dice. Lead Shiren The Wanderer and his sidekick Koppa in their quest to conquer the Tower of...

Legend has it that Reeva, god of Destiny, holds sway over the past, present, and future. Said to dwell in the mysterious Tower of Fortune, Reeva decides the fates of all mankind with a trio of magic dice. Lead Shiren The Wanderer and his sidekick Koppa in their quest to conquer the Tower of...

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I've already put in a few hundred hours of this on the Vita but yeah, i'll play again.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played it yet, but I heard that the Vita game was one of the best traditional roguelikes ever.

Deleted member 14939

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a few reviews are out

It's weird to see my writing on Metacritic 😳

I reviewed it for NWR. If anyone has questions about the game, I'm happy to answer. It is a 10 year old Vita game though. Maybe people don't have questions.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
This game arrived too late for me in the days of Vita, I will however be rectifying that by buying on Switch. Such an underrated series

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Was my last Vita purchase, but I'll buy it again because it's a damn good game.

Oct 27, 2017
i might stream this later with that thar live display mode. i'm not super well informed on options in new games but that's an interesting mode to include, haven't seen it before. really cool.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Will there be an OT for this? I'm sure I'll have questions.

wish they would return to 3D. 3 and Swordswoman Asuka were cool games.
I couldn't disagree more! I mean, to each their own but I hated the Wii version for this reason. That's why I was so psyched for this! The 2D Sprites are so well done and there is clear progression through visuals/setting when you reach a new area (or at least it was for SNES/DS). In my experience, all 3D Mystery Dungeons look so samey. Eternal Odyssey, Pokemon, Void Terrarium, Chocobo Every Buddy. They all blend together in my mind and it doesn't help that they have so few terrain/settings.

Oct 27, 2017
Will there be an OT for this? I'm sure I'll have questions.

I couldn't disagree more! I mean, to each their own but I hated the Wii version for this reason. That's why I was so psyched for this! The 2D Sprites are so well done and there is clear progression through visuals/setting when you reach a new area (or at least it was for SNES/DS). In my experience, all 3D Mystery Dungeons look so samey. Eternal Odyssey, Pokemon, Void Terrarium, Chocobo Every Buddy. They all blend together in my mind and it doesn't help that they have so few terrain/settings.
the wii shiren bloooows, i agree. i really disliked it.
played the living daylights out of this one on vita, though. it's just so much better.

Mar 21, 2018
How friendly is this game for short sessions? I want a rougelite/like that I can dip into, get better gear, get stronger and quit without having to put in hour+ long sessions.

Children of Morta is one of my favorite rougelite/likes in recent memory as I didn't need to commit to huge swathes of time.

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
I'm gonna hold out for the physical version. Fingers crossed this entry is a breakout hit, I would love to see traditional roguelikes hit the mainstream, people asking about "games like Shiren". PMD just didn't seem to have that effect, or at least people weren't vocal about it being their gateway drug.

How friendly is this game for short sessions? I want a rougelite/like that I can dip into, get better gear, get stronger and quit without having to put in hour+ long sessions.

Children of Morta is one of my favorite rougelite/likes in recent memory as I didn't need to commit to huge swathes of time.

Pretty sure it has native in-dungeon saves? It was a Vita game after all, and the DS entry had those.