• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I've heard good things of Shiren, but never played any.

What are the chances this comes to the west?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I think there were some Aksys guys in the vita OT thread at the time, this is one of the best roguelikes ever!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, Famista looked neat. If it turns out well I hope it has English in it (doubtful I know), or better yet bring it out under the Family Stadium name.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They already have a localization, barring any of the new content, so hopefully this comes over.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Spike Chunsoft showed off a PC port of Shiren the Wanderer 5 during a sizzle reel at the Steam China presentation a few months back. I wonder if the PC port is based on this version which is why we havent gotten an official announcement outside of the presentation yet?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
OMG! And it's back to 2D sprites?! OMFG!!!

Pleeeeeees localizzzze

edit: Oh so this is the VITA game? Amazing, I'm still down. It was the one game that had me close to buying a Vita back in the day. I've thought about it longingly, often.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've heard good things of Shiren, but never played any.

What are the chances this comes to the west?
Very good, the original Vita version got localised, and Spike Chunsoft now has a US branch who have been very diligent in localalising all of Spike Chunsoft's games.

Don't be too surprised if a Steam version gets thrown in as well.

Mazre

Oct 25, 2017
Would double dip if this gets localized. Love Shiren and still hoping for a proper sequel

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
Yooo! The vita game is a permanent part of my console (along with Spelunky); absolutely incredible game!

Big excited to buy it all over again haha

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the vita one that came out here years ago? I'd love to have that on the switch.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the exact same game as the Vita one that made it's way west a few years ago, or is this an expanded version of that game? The 5+ is throwing me off.

but still omfg i am SO hype. PLEASE bring this west.

Status
Not open for further replies.