• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Nah RE2 felt like the best possible perspective for a modern RE. 7 was overrated and felt more like an Outlast clone at times than classic RE. Although to be fair, the problems with it were mostly not because of the perspective.
You opinion was invalidated when you said it felt like an Outlast clone.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations. Game is awesome and deserves 4 more million.
Hopefully Capcom keep peppering it with (preferably free) content over the year.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
We've received confirmation on October 2017, doesn't sound like "almost a year" at all.

If anyone has any doubts about how RE7 is currently doing, btw, don't listen to people at Era at all, because this game has a pretty big hate boner amongst many users here.

As of January 2019, the game has sold 6.1M copies worldwide (+400K since the last report) and is currently ahead of RE6 comparing directly to both games's release dates.

Don't let this thread turn into a tool of FP x OTS, we all should be happy about this.

Facts! Both RE2 and RE7 are amazing RE games and we should be damn happy about their sales and receptions.

Hopefully remakes continues to be TP while RE8 builds itself on RE7 and FP.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Keep the hits coming Capcom and i'll keep buying them.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We've received confirmation on October 2017, doesn't sound like "almost a year" at all.

If anyone has any doubts about how RE7 is currently doing, btw, don't listen to people at Era at all, because this game has a pretty big hate boner amongst many users here.

As of January 2019, the game has sold 6.1M copies worldwide (+400K since the last report) and is currently ahead of RE6 comparing directly to both games's release dates.

Don't let this thread turn into a tool of FP x OTS, we all should be happy about this.

Do you realize that number include Gold Edition? I don't think people refer to sale information due to hatred toward FPS genre. RE7 while is being one of the best survival horror game of this gen , it didn't fly off the shelve as Capcom expected , luckily gold edition save them a bit before the end of the year.

Anyway , 4 million shipment after 1 month is not too bad ( again the series at its peak did 5 million first week shipment ). It might be a lot slower now to drag itself to 5 million as the hype die down pretty quick ( being short game and not much replayable value doesn't help ). But I take that this is as good as it can get for being old school remake of true survival game.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be buying this down the road, but glad to see that this remake is doing well. I think there's a lot of room for this type of game if it's marketed right.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most replayable RE IMO since RE4. Just a ton of fun. Can only hope RE3 is just as good. Not to mention the possibility of an actual Resident Evil 4 remake.

I only hope for RE4make that we get the choice to recover Leon's jacket from some random ganado.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So happy for this game, they really knocked it out of the park and the sales are well deserved. Cannot wait for RE3 REmake.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you realize that number include Gold Edition? I don't think people refer to sale information due to hatred toward FPS genre. RE7 while is being one of the best survival horror game of this gen , it didn't fly off the shelve as Capcom expected , luckily gold edition save them a bit before the end of the year.

Anyway , 4 million shipment after 1 month is not too bad ( again the series at its peak did 5 million first week shipment ). It might be a lot slower now to drag itself to 5 million as the hype die down pretty quick ( being short game and not much replayable value doesn't help ). But I take that this is as good as it can get for being old school remake of true survival game.

2 full scenarios and 2 more with some changes plus free bonus modes with more to come I'm sure. I feel like it was well worth my $60. Most games this long would kill for those sales btw.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

Two corrections here:

1. RE7 Gold wasn't released until December 2017, so the October 2017 number cannot possibly include RE7 Gold Edition.
2. No RE game has ever shipped 5 million in its first week. RE6 shipped 4.5 million through December 31, 2012, covering a three month period. RE5 shipped 4.4 million in March 2009.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for R3make. I think it has the potential to be even greater than RE4 and RE2R of they go all out with it and make it special.

Now where is some more DLC that I can pay for to hold me over?

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Anyone think kh3 somewhat hindered the sales for re2? Both games were released in close proximity with each other

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Uh...no RE game shipped 5M units in its first week, ever.

RE6 officially shipped 4.5M within that range tho, but obviously, that's wasn't really representative of sales. The game launched on October 2012 and managed to sell 4.8M by february 2013. So yeah, i have no idea where that "5M shipment" idea came from.

About RE7 tho, the games has maintained a solid 300K since its launch, with a bit of boost by the Gold Edition and now with REmake 2's launch. The game was considered internally a success by Capcom and it was able to recover its development costs just by "pre-order" numbers. It's not quite RE5's levels, but in terms of revenue and profit, it is above Resi 6 because of its scope, strong opening at full price and legs.

REmake 2 will definitely surpass it, of course, but it needs to be said while there's recurrent users trying to paint the game as a bomba, for personal reasons.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Fantastic news, glad the game is doing good. As for the third/first person debate, make RE good and it won't matter to me what perspective it is in.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I'm aware... For me I only had the budget to buy one of these games at the time and it's both games despite loving both style of games. I decided with kh3, but I still plan on playing re2 once I have the money for it.

Sure some players had to make that choice but the games/IPs are so different and have such large existing fanbases that it doesn't really matter overall.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Didn't RE5 and RE6 pull those numbers without a PC version? Which came like half a year later after they released?

RE2R has an advantage in that regard (and so did RE7).

You're correct.

RE5 arrived at PC on the Microsoft Store by September of 2009. As for Resi 6, that was a gap between October 2012 and March 2013.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It took RE7 almost a year to hit these numbers.

That's false, while REmake 2 is selling better than RE7, RE7 reached 3.5 million sales in two months, while REmake 2 reached 4 million sales in one month. RE7 was at over 5 million sales at the end of it's first year on the market, my current prediction is REmake 2 will be at 5.5-6 million sold by the end of the year.

The truth hurts sometimes

This is a bad take who can't see past cameras to actual game design, and from your posts I doubt you've ever even played Outlast and/or RE7.

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulation for Capcom ( I will be selfish and pray that newer entries be in TP xD )

I predict it will reach 4.5M at the end of march

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a bad take who can't see past cameras to actual game design, and from your posts I doubt you've ever even played Outlast and/or RE7.
these sort of snide ad-hominems are typical when someone doesn't like to be disagreed with and so would rather make silly accusations. play the ball, not the man. actually what RE7 took more from outlast and that style of horror game wasn't camera perspective, it was the tiresome stream of gore-fest gross-out ugliness. luckily the series has rediscovered that effective horror needs to ramp up and strike a proper balance of beauty and safety with ugliness and danger rather than just try to overwhelm you with gross-out shock value nastiness past the point of severed-reattached limbs absurdity. RE7 got a lot right in terms of level and puzzle design and of course those parts of the game have more in common with RE2 than outlast but it abandoned that proper balance the best entries in the series strike and matched that with forgettable characters and a story i couldn't care less about

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
these sort of snide ad-hominems are typical when someone doesn't like to be disagreed with and so would rather make silly accusations. play the ball, not the man. actually what RE7 took more from outlast and that style of horror game wasn't camera perspective, it was the tiresome stream of gore-fest gross-out ugliness. luckily the series has rediscovered that effective horror needs to ramp up and strike a proper balance of beauty and safety with ugliness and danger rather than just try to overwhelm you with gross-out shock value nastiness past the point of severed-reattached limbs absurdity. RE7 got a lot right in terms of level and puzzle design and of course those parts of the game have more in common with RE2 than outlast but it abandoned that proper balance the best entries in the series strike and matched that with forgettable characters and a story i couldn't care less about
So whats that got to do with the camera? RE2R doesn't turn into that when you use the FP mod. Its actually quite amazing. And an official option would have gone along way.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I did my part! So happy for Capcom. This will outsell RE7 easily this year and next games in series will contunue with OTS camera perspective.

Let's see how the Itsuno's magnum opus will do next, but i can see it being easily the highest selling DMC game.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck yeah! Hopefully the success of this game kills any plans of another first person Resident Evil game.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
That's false, while REmake 2 is selling better than RE7, RE7 reached 3.5 million sales in two months, while REmake 2 reached 4 million sales in one month. .
Looked it up .

RE7 reached 4m on Oct 18th 2017
https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/18/re...ed-capcoms-target-of-4-million-units-shipped/

And reached 5m on Apr 7 2018.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-has-sold-more-than-5-million-copie/1100-6458052/

That means it took

9 months to reach 4m
15 months to reach 5m