• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
At this rate we could literally get it a week before, GPU style

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Not revealing pricing is weird in the sense that if the other company is planning to undercut you, you could still just lower the price to match theirs if you really wanted to.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a sneaking and bold suspicion that we'll get more details in the future about both microsoft and sony products. Ready to eat crow if i'm wrong though.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Guys I think Shinobi maybe was referring to F2P games not needing Gold anymore or some of the rumors regarding GP

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Sony could now drop the price via fake Kaz twitter and they would still sell twice as much ps5 as is Ms going with xbox series x.

Do an august event, show more games, ui and everything and drop the price... i love gamepass and i will buy series x at some point but the launch race has been long won. After today's Infinite delay, its even more clear. I dont really see a reason for continuing this chicken game.

Sony can go first, otherwise we will wait for fucking forever :(

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This cat-and-mouse game with regards to information on the next-gen consoles to maintain speculation on social media really starts to annoy me in a huge way.

I would like to plan ahead financially in terms of how much I need to get a PS5 and when I'll need the money. Both MS and Sony are dropping the ball here. At this point they should delay their shit into 2021.
$£500 for the console. Plus add on for a couple games and accessories you want. November. You're welcome.

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They'd have announced by now of this were true. More like

Q29A.gif
This is more true as they know that price is gonna sting. Sony's just soaking up as much good press has they can get because they know all hell's going to break loose if MS makes this a wide price gap game.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they just had some devastatingly bad news to share. It is probably not smart to follow it up with any console reveal type announcements. Let it die down a bit and then go. At least that would be my guess.

In other words, I mean it's probably not necessarily have to do with the initial cat and mouse game between MS/Sony

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
At a point where I can't be bothered anymore. Whenever the price, launch lineup etc gets announced is when it'll get announced. I'm just catching up on my backlog so eh whatevs.

Speaking of backlog. Plague Tale is pretty damn good.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that both are afraid to list prices means these systems are going to be expensive. I'm thinking $500 minimum

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I feel like all this price waiting is going to end in some.anticlimatic high price where both are like $699 and we're all confused why they waited.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
At this point we're going to be getting major information dumps and final prices in the final week leading up to the launch for both consoles.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
$£500 for the console. Plus add on for a couple games and accessories you want. November. You're welcome.
Well, thanks!

It's not like launch line-up, info on back-compat (I wanna sell my Pro based on how much really is backwards compatible to offset the cost), pre-order dates and whatnot are also relevant information. All of which was pretty much confirmed by June in the last pre-next-gen period.

Sure, you can like the fishing for info so that gaming companies can maintain hype on social media, but I fucking hate it.

EDIT: Yes, I know COVID also is a huge factor, but the way many companies announce infos nowadays is very much towards building constant hype

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
It's weird as hell.

I feel like by now we would know at least the OS of these consoles, some gameplay footage from release games, etc. In 3 months they will be released and i feel like i haven't seen anything.
Like...even as a Sony guy i know about a Spider-Man game but i haven't seen it yet. Just that 2 minute trailer.

The fact this new gen starts in 3 months and we barely got any gameplay is...weird.
I know we have covid 19 now but i mean...how hard would it be to record some gameplay of a few games and include them in a state of play or something?

The best "holy shit" moment i got this year in terms of gaming was from TLOU2...a game released in a piece of 2013 hardware.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, xCloud beta preview is working already beginning today (launch on 15 september on 22 countries). So, it's not all bad news xD

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Someone made that comment about Sony and MS doing rock paper scissors the night before launch to announce the price.

And that is feeling more real and real by the day.

I was pretty convinced MS would have some announcements for this month, and then Sony would follow up.

The fact that both are afraid to list prices means these systems are going to be expensive. I'm thinking $500 minimum

I think it's more of an issue of whether they can price at $500, or whether they need to go for $400.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
We all know the Series S will be cheaper. Just announce the pricing so people know how much they need to save up.

This was funny a few months ago.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Visited by knack members always seem to have quite the uhhh, unbiased takes.

I am willing to make an avatar bet that sony is going to sell 2x more of ps5 than microsoft is xsex in the first year after launch.

But MS aint gonna start givins us sale updates so never mind.

I really believe its gonna happen though. Not beinf fanboyi or something, right now its about how big the dominance is going to become.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Sometimes I think THEY HAVE TO ANNOUNCE SOON THOUGH is the good thing or something like that.

Then I realize, not really. They could probably easily not announce price until September. Which means up to like 7-8 more weeks. Which is basically an eternity in 2020.

Even then, while I'd expect no later than September, there might be no real hard cap on how long one player can wait (likely depends also somewhat on if the other player announces). Literally one assumes this could in theory get pushed until nearly launch.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
And to think that just yesterday we we're seeing rumors saying that August would be an "Xbox kind of month".

Well.. In just one day they lost their tent pole first party release, made a really bad "month" announcement where they had no games to talk about, and their hardware event got delayed.

The Series X would be my first choice for next gen system because of Game Pass, but... Oof!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sony will hold out as long as possible and they can afford to. MS still have an entire console to reveal and there's only so long you can keep putting that off, unless the S isn't actually coming this year.

At this point Microsoft could probably just delay Series S. They can always announce it down the line and push it out later. And without Halo, I feel like they are in less rush to talk about Series X pricing.

G Darksoul

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'm with Microsoft on this one. We showed our console and games first...let them sweat now...

I've gotten back into Gears in addition to Siege so I'm good for months. May sad the rest of the campaign for the Series X with Gears. Can't wait to see the upgrade!!

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I am guessing theyre waiting for sony to reveal price so they can undercut them with series x and series s, what do you all think?

I'm curious: do people really believe this is what's happening? Surely both companies decided on prices for their devices a long time ago? The fact we're being kept in the dark has to have more to do with coronavirus and the fact that they're still waiting on final allocation numbers and delivery dates, right?

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
I am willing to make an avatar bet that sony is going to sell 2x more of ps5 than microsoft is xsex in the first year after launch.

I really believe its gonna happen though. Not beinf fanboyi or something, right now its about how big the dominance is going to become.
Yup, I now think the gap will be even bigger than Xbox One.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Someone made that comment about Sony and MS doing rock paper scissors the night before launch to announce the price.

And that is feeling more real and real by the day.

I was pretty convinced MS would have some announcements for this month, and then Sony would follow up.

I think it's more of an issue of whether they can price at $500, or whether they need to go for $400.
I always assumed series x would be 499 and series s 349.

I'm starting to doubt both those prices

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sony's under more pressure to reveal than Microsoft. They are the market leader after all.

I don't follow this logic. Sony is in a stronger position, and therefore can be more patient. On top of that, MS has an entire other console they still need to reveal.

I've been on the $500 train all along for the top end consoles. I think the pricing war is between the digital PS5 and the Series S. They want to know how low they'll have to go compared to the other one. I think MS wants at least $100 difference there.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I was team $499 but I'm starting to think they'll both be higher than that. Surely someone would have announced price and opened up for preorders by now if they could hit that $499 price that most people seem to agree sounds reasonable

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Xbox Series X is more powerful than Ps5. In my book that's going to mean a lot.

OTOH I think MS was really stupid to muddy the power thing with Lockhart. So that could be an issue.

There's a ton of complications and possibilities.

WW sure it's possible, since PS4 outsold One WW by 2X-2.5X. Holiday USA, Sony has zero chance to outsell Xbox by any appreciable amount. Even One X and Ps4 sold about the same in holiday 2013. That was with One X being a disaster at launch...

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
This is why State of Play being PS4 only made made me sigh. MS are not going to budge until Sony opens up first.

They'd have announced the price by now if this were true, but we got a SoP about a spent console. More like

Q29A.gif
Come on dude, take your fanboy goggles off. It is not hard to imagine Sony would breathe a sigh of relief regarding the price seeing a huge title like halo delayed.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
They should both write down their prices, put it in an envelope and give it to Geoff Keighley for a simultaneous reveal or something

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Retailers must know pricing by now, surely.

If it takes well over a month for things to arrive on the slow boat then things will start getting thrown onto containers very soon.

Can't see retailers going fuck it, put me down for 200,000 no matter the cost.

And if retailers know, I'm sure both sides know each other's pricing.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The year is 2024. The Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X have been on the market for 4 years.

And nobody still has any idea of how much either of them cost.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, they're literally gonna wait until the absolute last second to announce pricing and launch details.

This has gotten more than absurd at this point. Just get it over with at this point.

It's wild that Microsoft has an entire console that they have yet to reveal, and we basically know everything down to it's name at this point. Literally the only thing up in the air is what it looks like, and even then I'm pretty sure we've heard a general idea of it's appearance. Are they still gonna act like it doesn't exist for another month?