• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Starting to get a bit worried now, my Nintendo Store UK Premium edition has still not shipped despite being charged last Friday.

Kanjiology

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
Premium edition finally shipped last night from Amazon US
Ssw7wwN.png

fermino

Sep 30, 2021
I'm excited to play it (bought a Switch and quit my job just for it!), but here in Brazil, it's still not available to play. At least it's already downloaded, but man, the waiting game is killing me.

Especially when so many people on Twitch and on emulators are already playing it.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got my Switch Lite charged up with the game predownloaded and decided to celebrate my birthday tomorrow (SMTV + Shang-Chi on Disney Plus, plus it's a Friday so 3 day weekend, plus my birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so not a great day to celebrate) so I'm all ready & hyped. :)

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I'm excited to play it (bought a Switch and quit my job just for it!), but here in Brazil, it's still not available to play. At least it's already downloaded, but man, the waiting game is killing me.

Especially when so many people on Twitch and on emulators are already playing it.
Wait, did you QUIT your job to play a game?! Or did you mean to say that you asked for days off? Haha

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to get a bit worried now, my Nintendo Store UK Premium edition has still not shipped despite being charged last Friday.
Same story.

I haven't actually gotten anything from them since they changed the store/stopped using the hut group, so not really sure when they usually ship out for pre-orders any more.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I can't be the only one that's still in shock that we are getting a new SMT game! Feels like I've been waiting forever.

I went in blind purchasing SMT4 on the 3DS. Then my mind was blown and drove into the universe. I'm just recalling hyped for this release. More than any other game this year.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My copy arrived early!
I just preordered on Monday and it shipped yesterday holy shit

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I can't be the only one that's still in shock that we are getting a new SMT game! Feels like I've been waiting forever.

I went in blind purchasing SMT4 on the 3DS. Then my mind was blown and drove into the universe. I'm just recalling hyped for this release. More than any other game this year.
Same happen fof me with 4, I hope I didnt see too much if V for surprises

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
It goes back to that Bethel thing I said earlier. It's a very different scenario and tone to usual mainline SMT. I don't see how they can walk it back / will be interesting to see what some of the rest of you think when you get there.

Like, a lot of us kind of whine that we were promised SMT x FE but Atlus veered more towards Persona with TMS. Maybe this is just what SMT is to them now.
I don't like these posts.

I hope I'm not of this opinion when I get there. :(

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up digital as well but Best Buy finally updated my Premium Edition to be shipping tomorrow finally.

Was worried after hearing stuff about Gamestop/Amazon shipping.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate magatama and missed the pure armor and great builds of IV lol
Same, the magatama felt awful to make builds with. Not being able to see a full list of abilities gained as well as only gaining abilities at level up made planing and building the Demi-Fiend's moveset not fun compared to the demons.

I'm not going to miss the hoops I had to jump through with that system.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Started looking up the OST. God fucking damn this is good. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Okay, so this looks really cool and something I'd probably dig - though I've dodged the Persona games so far (I do have P5Royal that my cousin lent me but I haven't put it in the PS5 yet to play it) and haven't played an SMT titles. But, I'm on the hunt for a fun, grindy RPG to play on the Switch as I have a lot of handheld time with it of late and this seems cool.

Question - and apologies if this question has come up endlessly already, I couldn't figure out how to search a specific thread - should I as a player new to the franchise and unsure of how I'll click with it go all in and pick up the Deluxe edition or should I stick with the base game and pick up that content maybe later for a second play through if I get that far?

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
Still early in the game but what I can say is that the performance is kinda bad, not too terrible but it's obviously sluggish even on docked. Guess you can say it's reaching the limits of the Switch already.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Question - and apologies if this question has come up endlessly already, I couldn't figure out how to search a specific thread - should I as a player new to the franchise and unsure of how I'll click with it go all in and pick up the Deluxe edition or should I stick with the base game and pick up that content maybe later for a second play through if I get that far?
It would still be cheaper to buy the DLC that's actually worth getting separately. And even then, the DLC is pretty much just very difficult fights that you'd attempt towards the end of the game.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"Most bosses in this game (SMTV), feel like final bosses in other games"

- Ben Moore from Easy Allies

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm just sitting here watching everyone else open their presents on Christmas morning with their copies coming early. My card has charged but still has not shipped.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I feel like I'm just sitting here watching everyone else open their presents on Christmas morning with their copies coming early. My card has charged but still has not shipped.

Same lol... Reading impressions has been interesting at least, but I'm worried the performance issues may have been downplayed in the reviews now.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got preparing for shipment on mine… I really want to play so I might just buy a digital copy too. Double dipping is fine for me.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
Amazon just gave me an usual status update of "delivery appointment scheduled" via UPS for tomorrow. I can't even remember the last time they shipped something that wasn't through Amazons delivery service.

For the curious I pre-ordered the Steelbook on June 24th.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Same lol... Reading impressions has been interesting at least, but I'm worried the performance issues may have been downplayed in the reviews now.
Or these ppl dont play switch games and expected it to run at 60fps flawless, honestly resetera has a bad rep for overblowing perfomance it seems. Dont know why reviews wouldnt be honest about performance

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
should have kept the series a first person dungeon crawler

at least then it would run properly

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so this looks really cool and something I'd probably dig - though I've dodged the Persona games so far (I do have P5Royal that my cousin lent me but I haven't put it in the PS5 yet to play it) and haven't played an SMT titles. But, I'm on the hunt for a fun, grindy RPG to play on the Switch as I have a lot of handheld time with it of late and this seems cool.

I'm a fan and I'm not picking up most of the DLC. I'm buying the meatiest one, which brings the fiends as bosses and recruitables, and Demi-fiend (SMT3's protagonist) as a super boss. This one is worth the asking price imo as the fiends are good demons to have, the boss fights should be a lot of fun, and Demi-fiend is cool af (idk how his fight is in this game, but he's generally known as the hardest boss fight in the entire series in his other appearance in DDS). It won't have the same appeal if you haven't played SMT3, but should be a good introduction to the fiends, nonetheless.

Then there are three other DLC focused on specific demons that brings them as bosses and makes them recruitable. They apparently feature a side-quest leading to the boss fight, but I'm not particularly interested in any of these demons to pay for them.

And lastly, there are the three Mitama DLC. Mitama are rare encounters that reward you with a lot of EXP/money/glory (depending on the type of Mitama). They are in the base game already, the DLC just makes the encounters more common. I'm not getting this either, they should be interesting for people who like to grind to level 100 and stuff.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Card has pending charge, and item says same as for user above (about delivery being scheduled). Amazon was my backup though, so won't get here til next Friday IF Amazon doesn't screw me over like that freaking company tends to.

Crossing my fingers my GameStop Web-In-Store arrives tomorrow. Past items with them always have.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Or these ppl dont play switch games and expected it to run at 60fps flawless, honestly resetera has a bad rep for overblowing perfomance it seems. Dont know why reviews wouldnt be honest about performance

I'll find out if it's that terrible when I play I guess. 30fps isn't really the end of the world for me, but the reviews that were critical about the performance really just weren't as harsh or extensive about it as some of the posts I'm seeing here and elsewhere.