• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Got a new phone, so I'm finally gonna give this a go! Hope I actually stick around and play it for a while. Mobile games usually bore me pretty quickly, but I'd like to play this since it'll be my first SMT (that isn't Persona) game.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I've had not played this game for a week because of being extremely busy, it's hard to grind out the game while studying

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I picked this back up after only briefly trying it at launch. I'm still very early days but I'm into it, but I only do a couple battles a day. Graphics on the iPhone X and the general presentation continue to stun me for a gacha game (or frankly, an Atlus game in general), and make me again salty that SMT5 won't be coming to the PS4. The rendering of the demons in this game is fantastic; even in the AR mode is cool. No real challenge on the battles yet though.

My main complaint is the wannabe NRA member I have as a partner. Not a good look, Atlus.
Also this game is not at all subtle about trying to make you pay for stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
They reset duel stamina with the latest patch, and I lost the hundreds that I had stockpiled :( Used to love blasting through PVP on the reset to get to Gold ranks and rake in the sweet gems. Sucks to be me.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Uhhh, holy shit the Kiwami battle pays out nearly as much macca as I've collected in my whole time playing.
Too bad I'll probably never beat one...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Lot of stuff announced for the Japanese version, some are coming with 1.6 and others are coming later.

- Guilds/faction wars
- New Jaki race with demons, including Black Frost 5*. ALso theres going to be two more demons added to multi-fusion.
- Negotiate with demons via AR
- Events which reduce MAG costs for fusing.
- Change archetype is coming with the anniversary.
- You can make demons with custom skills also you gain ability to fuse clear Hero/Fiend demons. APparently demons modified like this get a skill tree like from devil summoner, I guess they mean the fiends and heroes, I'm not sure?
- Mitama to increase stats
- More AG floors and more story
- Collab is going to happen but no word on what.

Oh also, there's a rate up banner at the moment which increases the 5* rate to 3% along with the 4* rate to 10% and if you get a 5* it's a guaranteed Fiend or Hero. First 10 pull is free, there after you need to buy something to unlock it, as with previous banners.

Edit: There's apparently some more bundles coming in October, so there's also that to consider when using your gems. May want to wait till then as the banner is up till the 2nd of oct if you're patient and aren't feeling lucky.

Last edited:

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Patch 2.0 is probably coming in January (the 1st year anniversary in Japan).

1.6 with Guilds is probably coming this month/early next month in Japan (and maybe a couple weeks later in global like for 1.5)

Vran

Aug 9, 2018
I like the game a lot, but wish there was more PVE stuff. I don't like doing pvp but the rewards are to good not to make some small effort. Id rather farm brands and Aether. Most all the top pvp teams seem to use almost identical formats. Charm is way to over powered with the success rates that can be boosted and the Gatcha only ability to pass on Null charm. I will need to create a buster team to for PVP to eliminate the current trend. With Mag being so difficult to farm, that will take forever since I'd rather make PVE teams.

Its good to see the Gatcha increase drop rates of 5* by 6x. This makes it more reasonable.

Oct 28, 2017
I like the game a lot, but wish there was more PVE stuff. I don't like doing pvp but the rewards are to good not to make some small effort. Id rather farm brands and Aether. Most all the top pvp teams seem to use almost identical formats. Charm is way to over powered with the success rates that can be boosted and the Gatcha only ability to pass on Null charm. I will need to create a buster team to for PVP to eliminate the current trend. With Mag being so difficult to farm, that will take forever since I'd rather make PVE teams.

Its good to see the Gatcha increase drop rates of 5* by 6x. This makes it more reasonable.

PVP is fucking stupid nowadays. Almost every team has a tank Teal Ose and its almost impossible to deal with before the damage begins piling on. I hate the changes. Horrible stuff.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Woooow, The final Aura Gate boss is stupid hard.
I don't even know how I would have taken out the supporting enemies if I didn't have an insta-kill move.
On the bright side, Now that I don't need it to help me through AG, I was able to finally upgrade my Quetzacoatl to 6-star.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
You can use this fusion calculator to find how to fuse various demons: https://fusion.dx2wiki.com/

Search Makami in the search box. "Reverse Fusion" shows how to fuse the demon you want, "Normal Fusion" shows what the demon can be fused into

Whoa, thank you for this. I cant wait to try to get him. I want to make Hare of Inaba out of him, since I hear its good.

I hope this game keeps getting regular updates and is popular

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, thank you for this. I cant wait to try to get him. I want to make Hare of Inaba out of him, since I hear its good.

I hope this game keeps getting regular updates and is popular

The reason people say to fuse Hare of Inaba is because it negates the effect of dark tiles (-4 steps) in AG. That's why Hare is kept in the sub-party during AG and you are not actively going to use it.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
The reason people say to fuse Hare of Inaba is because it negates the effect of dark tiles (-4 steps) in AG. That's why Hare is kept in the sub-party during AG and you are not actively going to use it.
I read about that, and it sounds really helpful. I am still a bit confused by some of the systems, and am newish to the SMT series, but I find it all really fascinating

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the announcement for the next banner it seems like they're sticking with the 6x rate ups for them.

Probably for the best, rates are trash tier otherwise.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If we get the rate up every week, combined with the gems we get from PvP we basically have 4 10-pulls for free every month at 3% 5* rate. This is actually better than many other gacha games in terms of free pulls available per month

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
If we get the rate up every week, combined with the gems we get from PvP we basically have 4 10-pulls for free every month at 3% 5* rate. This is actually better than many other gacha games in terms of free pulls available per month
This banner is lasting basically two weeks like the last one so I imagine all of them from now will be like that, which means two free 10 pulls every month.

But yeah, I can't complain too much. I went from only having Amaterasu and my fused Cu to having quite a lot of options from the 5* pool. I ended up getting Yoshi, Alice, Trumpeter and White Rider from the last banner (admittedly I had to buy a pack to open up the banner so I could do more than one pull on it - but considering what I got, I don't regret it one bit, wasn't much money anyway). I also got Teal Shiva from my free 10pull today.

Glad they did something about the poor rates really, I definitely think the game was going to sink without them doing something. Which would have been a shame considering the battle system and fusing is a lot of fun.

Next problem to solve it the lack of content, which we do know is on the way. I just hope it doesn't take long from the Japanese release to come to global.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lol I just got a duplicate White Rider from my Duel summon file...
Edit: Uhhh, also a 5-star Sandalaphon from the featured summon???
Is this a thing they added?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Bump, I hate the pvp in this fucking game. Man, the defense system is just the worst. I've been boned so many times by it that it's not even funny. It's basically whoever goes first and has samrecarm more. This shite is fucked man and I hate it.

Is there something wrong with my team I should fix? Purple Fenrir, Yellow Sandalphon, Teal Garuda, Purple Anubis.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Bump, I hate the pvp in this fucking game. Man, the defense system is just the worst. I've been boned so many times by it that it's not even funny. It's basically whoever goes first and has samrecarm more. This shite is fucked man and I hate it.

Is there something wrong with my team I should fix? Purple Fenrir, Yellow Sandalphon, Teal Garuda, Purple Anubis.
What ranking are you trying to get to in PvP exactly?

I think most people will struggle to get to top 100 without finely fusing meta teams(or throwing money at the game), spending a lot of time farming people up to 6* and getting skill levels up etc.

Below that point I think a lot of teams can succeed with good brands to boost magic(or phys) attack/mp gain/protect against ailments and skill inheritance as this meta really is about bursting people down before the defence goes off. If you were lacking in damage on your team I guess Fenrir goes first, while he is really good the issue is he just doesn't really have much damage potential so it means your other demons have to pick up the slack. I don't think speed is that paramount in pvp anyway(unless your team revolves around going first always but even then you could just swap fenrir back in for those fights where you need him) at the moment as if anything people run slow teams with intimidate and/or 'kara shifts.

In terms of Samrecarm all you can do is kill those first, or if there is two kill them at the same time(all the more reason to have good damage). You can check Sandys etc before going in, or in the match itself by holding over the demon to see if they're yellow, but besides that you can often guess who'll have a res transferred to it, like Alilats or something.

There's a tierlist on the reddit which could give you some ideas for PvP teams anyway if you did still want to consider other options.

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The game is shutting down in Belgium soon, due to anti-gambling laws. RIP.
I saw that in the news. I can only imagine not many play from there, since of all the gacha games I feel like this one was the easiest to monetize outside of the gacha. Since they sold magnetite, pots and other stuff. Could have just disabled gem purchases, and put up some real money packs only for them.

Kind of rubbish either way though. Namco Bandai's solution in their gacha games was better iirc. They just disabled gacha currency purchases but continued to allow people to play with their account f2p.

Oct 28, 2017
I saw that in the news. I can only imagine not many play from there, since of all the gacha games I feel like this one was the easiest to monetize outside of the gacha. Since they sold magnetite, pots and other stuff. Could have just disabled gem purchases, and put up some real money packs only for them.

Kind of rubbish either way though. Namco Bandai's solution in their gacha games was better iirc. They just disabled gacha currency purchases but continued to allow people to play with their account f2p.

Yeah, game is entirely playable F2P. I've not spent a penny so far and I still wake up each day with tasks to do and aims to go for.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the game was better optimized. Even with low performance mode it's still a battery hog, and even on an iPhone X simple UI tasks like scrolling are sluggish. I'm assuming it's some cross-platform junk, probably doesn't even use Metal on iOS.

Still the best gacha game I've played though. SMT system is fun as always, and the writing is actually decent for what it is. I wish they'd port SMT V to mobile as well. If it runs on the Switch, it can surely run on the iPhone X/XS.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep login for 10 days and you get a guaranteed 5-star. Plus we are getting 1.6.0, Trumpeter buff and some demon's skills will become upgradable with red magatamas

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I got a 5-star Huang Long drop from the 1.6.0 login bonuses. Seems like quite an OP demon -- resistant to all elementals and null to Light. Comes with Megidolaon, Five Elements (all party repel magic for 1 turn), and big speed bonus. Only the second 5-star I've got, so pretty happy with that.

It's too bad there's no way to search for specific Factions, otherwise we could start a ResetERA one.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I got a 5-star Huang Long drop from the 1.6.0 login bonuses. Seems like quite an OP demon -- resistant to all elementals and null to Light. Comes with Megidolaon, Five Elements (all party repel magic for 1 turn), and big speed bonus. Only the second 5-star I've got, so pretty happy with that.

It's too bad there's no way to search for specific Factions, otherwise we could start a ResetERA one.
Can you not? as long as it has a fairly unique name we could just use the name search function...

Oct 28, 2017
Pulled a clear Asherah from my Hell Park grind. 3rd area is a laugh since my Teal Yoshitsune from the parchment pull is absolutely annihilating it with his drain phys.

Now to either find something good to use from her, or just use her as a temp healer.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Elaborate. I have stopped playing due to time and didn't even finish the story and got to 30F in Aura Gate as a comparison to where I was.

On that note, how much content was actually added since release to the game?

I'm liking the Demon Buster events like Brands of Sin and Strange Signal. You have to think carefully about your party build to beat some of the bosses. There's a Trumpeter boss I'm stuck on in Brands of Sin that gave me some good/bad SMT Nocturne memories.

I think quite a bit was added since launch, but I only started really playing a few weeks ago so I'm not sure. They have a good amount of event missions now. They've also added a few new demons.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Been a while since the last post in this thread, but I just found about the new player login bonuses, which basically is a lot more than what the average player since launch can possibly ever get.

2xo765hhx5w11.png

5 million mag and Yellow Amaterasu lol, naturally long-time players are pissed, especially if they spent money to get nothing nearly that good that new players are getting for free. The Facebook group is responding to complaints so hopefully we'll at least get something out of it.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not really mad about it, to be honest. My game is my game, and I'm just casually playing without paying. There's no real "race" out there, is there? Unless you care about PVP, but the meta is so fucking nuts for it right now, you might as well just give up unless you roll a Zhong, Biker and Huang.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really mad about it, to be honest. My game is my game, and I'm just casually playing without paying. There's no real "race" out there, is there? Unless you care about PVP, but the meta is so fucking nuts for it right now, you might as well just give up unless you roll a Zhong, Biker and Huang.

You might also care that you spent thousands of jewels on those 1K packs.

Oct 28, 2017
You might also care that you spent thousands of jewels on those 1K packs.

Haha, I haven't done that at all. I've rolled a Yellow Mara, Teal Yoshitsune, and fused a Red Anubis and Teal Ose. That's my team right now. I just keep my gems for the 10 pulls on events. I've also got a clear Asherah I can use for fusing something badass but that all depends on what good stuff I get from pulls.

I just play with what luck has provided, really.