• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was a change or bug or something that wiped out some people's saved steps in the gate. I think it was free and now it costs or something.
Oh yeah, apparently if you get your account level up before finishing the aura gate tutorial the steps you had will be wiped on the completion of the tutorial.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yooo! I got Fiend son off of a random summon file.
g6wi9byl.jpg

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I got a Red Oberon from an Ultimate Summon...
So unlucky :(

Pektus

Nov 24, 2017
for those playing some questions:

1. if im not competing for leaderboards or top 100 in pvp or rankings or whatever can I still beat the game f2p?
2. max rarity a NEED or is it luxury to tackle content?
3. is this more pve or pvp oriented?
4. does it need excessive grinding?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
for those playing some questions:

1. if im not competing for leaderboards or top 100 in pvp or rankings or whatever can I still beat the game f2p?
2. max rarity a NEED or is it luxury to tackle content?
3. is this more pve or pvp oriented?
4. does it need excessive grinding?
1. Yes, you can fuse most demons, and even then there's some strong 3 stars like Ose and Feng Huang.
2. I don't think so? I believe people have managed to tackle it with max level 5 stars, which is easily obtainable as f2p (any demon can be brought up to 6*), some content is pretty tough and will require team planning though.
3. PvE really, even the PvP isn't technically PvP, you're just beating the AI controlling someones defence team. Which means a lot of them will be beatable even with a F2P team since the AI isn't the smartest.
4. It's quite a grindy game, but it has a lot of auto options which makes it more manageable. You can just set the game to repeat a given quest over and over without you touching anything, so you can just leave it going while you work, or do other stuff.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
My ashera has Judgement Light, but I hate the randomness, would it be a bad idea to swap out the skill for Hamaon?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a stupid question, but how are people playing on PC? Is that okay to do? I think it'd be fun to play in the background, but I don't want my account to get banned or something.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone know if there are extra login bonuses for evolving your first 6 star like there are for all the other ones?

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow they changed duel reset time. It is now 0:00 UTC+1, so I won't have to wake up at like 6 am in the morning to duel.

Probably a stupid question, but how are people playing on PC? Is that okay to do? I think it'd be fun to play in the background, but I don't want my account to get banned or something.

I am using Nox emulator.
I think it's safe, never had a problem playing mobile games with emulators. Someone on reddit also messaged the support team on Facebook and they said it was ok, although not officially supported.

Anyone know if there are extra login bonuses for evolving your first 6 star like there are for all the other ones?

Yes there are bonuses. You also get 6* login bonuses after your first, but apparently the rewards suck.

My ashera has Judgement Light, but I hate the randomness, would it be a bad idea to swap out the skill for Hamaon?

I don't like random skills because you can get screwed if one of the enemies has null element. I would probably change it, too.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I was stagnating on the game so I decided to awaken my beelzebub and anubis. Slapped brands on everyone and put them all to 5*.

My team is not very optimal but at least the extra oomph might get me somewhere in PVP. I have Red Beelze, Teal Ose, Yellow Sandalphon, and Purple Anubis. I'm going to leave Yatagarasu to the bench until I decide whether or not to invest in him.

I'm thinking Rangda next, or maybe just a demon with null force to counter all the rangda I see in PVP

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scarcity of magnetite makes deciding between making demons you like versus demons that are "more useful" a bit of a pain in the arse.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Had a couple of close PvP wins against stacked teams with natural 5 stars. Put samrecarm on my Ose after that successfully caught me several times. That's a fun little backup to have in case things go south. Sitting at 1920 points, rank 150-something, and I'm calling it. Top 100 is a slaughterhouse.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Had a couple of close PvP wins against stacked teams with natural 5 stars. Put samrecarm on my Ose after that successfully caught me several times. That's a fun little backup to have in case things go south. Sitting at 1920 points, rank 150-something, and I'm calling it. Top 100 is a slaughterhouse.
It is, yeah. I've tried to stay in the top 100, but you just lose points to other people so damn fast, and some teams are just tedious to beat since quite a lot are stacked with not only natural 5*'s but with them at 6* fully kitted with skills. I'm in the 60s atm and it's only going to get worse, so I don't think I'll keep it. Hopefully I'll stay plat at least maybe. :/

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I got attacked by a guy called Minato with modded apk. He has a defense team made of level 30 demons, no way he can get into the top 20 with that.

The weekly PvP reset has passed. I ended up at rank 23 with 2031 points (hopefully nobody sniped me last second)

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I got attacked by a guy called Minato with modded apk. He has a defense team made of level 30 demons, no way he can get into the top 20 with that.
Yeah I saw him listed so I attacked him. Got revenge killed - same team. :X

Anyway, I dunno if I managed to keep top 100, was getting attacked a lot in the last minutes.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Fell a little short of 1900 with 1892. Considering that my team isn't max level and that I still haven't do any brand farming that not too bad I guess.
Definitely an improvement over last season were I was out of top 1000. The change of the reset time is a godsend for me (Europe).

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Came up saying rank 100 and got the rank 100 reward on the reset, so maybe i just held lol?

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New update 1.4.1 coming to global on 08/08 (Maintenance time will be given at a later date)

https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/news/detail/055298.html

- Tweaks to the game balance.
- In-game issue fixes

- Changed one skill on 5* Seth (Mortal Jihad will be changed to a stronger unique skill called Ouas. More damage, more crit rate and heals for 40% of the damage done)
- Changed one skill on 5* Samael (Energy Drain will be substituted by an unique skill called God's Malice. Instead of healing caster and draining 1 MP, it has 30% chance to Poison, Bind, Mute and Charm a single target)
Kasane Magatama will be distributed as compensation to people who leveled up those skills.

- New levels will be added to some unique skills, making level ups possible. (Ouas on 5* Seth, God's Malice on 5* Samael, Gluttony on 4* Beelzebub, Gungnir on 4* Odin)
- Odin's Gungnir skill will have no use limit (from 3)

-The skill changes made to the demon Samael in this update will be reflected upon enemy demons as well

-Maximum Player Level will be changed from 100 to 150.
-Maximum Friends slot increase will be changed from once every 3 levels to once every 2 levels after Player level 22 has been reached.

Other changes
-Daily missions renewal.
-Fixes made on in-game issues will be announced after the update.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I just barely beat the 30F boss. Jesus, that was a difficulty spike of hell for me. I only won due to the AI being stupid and me using over 10 Life Stones. Now admittedly, my second team was still pretty low level, but it had several base 4* demons unlike my main team (which I really need to switch out, I need to level some of those 4* demons). I also need to continue the story, still at the beginning of chapter 5. I have finished chapter 1 Hell and up to chapter 3 Hard mode though.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If you want to go that route, you're better off evolving three star demons to four and then using them for fodder.

Even the cheapest 4 star is still 150,000+ mag.
If you're just using them for evolution fodder it's better to level up and evolve lower rarity demons up to the rarity you need, rather than fusing natural 4-stars, which would be a huge waste of mag.
Ah ok, so go all in on Horus then

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Well the 2x MAG event has begun. How exactly does farming in the Aura Gate work? Do you just go full auto?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm doing.
Just starting from the first floor and AUTOing everything.
I think you'd be better off doing the opposite really. Start from the highest floor you can do auto and work downwards. You won't be able to get through all floors in the time, but you'll maximise magnetite gains by starting at the highest you can.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I think you'd be better off doing the opposite really. Start from the highest floor you can do auto and work downwards. You won't be able to get through all floors in the time, but you'll maximise magnetite gains by starting at the highest you can.
The later floors are kind of a pain though. Lots of traps that drain HP, plus the bosses start to get really rough.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Then you can fuse a purple Zouchouten to nullify floor damage. He's a 3* so easy and cheap to fuse.