• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Damn coming to ps4 too?
Love persona games and never played SMT..Can I start with this one?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
damn thank god it's getting a PS4 release hopefully it hits PC as well

I'm so happy this is getting a remaster hopefully it does well so we get Digital Devil Saga and Raidou

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So October in Japan and spring 21 in the west. Is the PS4 version also coming out in the west? I was just gonna get it digital on switch but if theres a nice special edition I might get it on PS4 to add to my P5,P5r and Catherine sets.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
OH MY GOD! The madmen! Those absolute madmen, they did it! Some weeks ago I was talking with Damn Silly about it and how I wouldn't think that Dante would make the cut for a HD remaster. But I laughed and said that the game will likely never get a HD remaster anyway. And now they're doing it. I can't believe it. Raidou is in the trailer, which makes sense, after all they replaced Dante with him for the Japanese re-release.

Also, I can't wait for a new generation of Matador salt, hehe.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Is SMT5 locked in as a switch exclusive at this point or do you think ATlus might swing for a ps4 version of it too?

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
You know it's an Atlus game when they release a PS4 game when the PS5 it's supposed to be out LMAO.

But HOLY SHIT! I was internally screaming during the announcement, this was the last thing I was expecting to see, but the one that I wanted te most, and then BAM SMTV with simultaneous release.

*ded*

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Pretty nice announcement :D, happy it's multiplatform too.

Should we expect a physical release in the west too?

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Raidou is the protagonist of the SMT Devil Summoner series who replaced Dante in the Nocturne Chronicles Edition re-release.

They have the exact same moves but Raidou's a little better in combat.
Thanks never played the OG and for some reason thought that logo was actually from PASBR despite that fact that I without a doubt had seen both boxes at gamestop in my years there.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I'm pretty much set for selling my PS3 now that this has been announced... although MGS HD Collection is another holdout.

But yeah, this is a top 5 game of all time for me. I am hyped.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they are able to make it for two different consoles might give me hope for their over all capabilities. But it is a remaster and not a new game, so i believe any future project will stay at their current single console support thing. At least the PS2 games have got a chance now.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Is SMT5 locked in as a switch exclusive at this point or do you think ATlus might swing for a ps4 version of it too?
Seems locked in to me but they are exploring multi-platform releases. I wouldn't rule out a PS4 release but launch looks unlikely. Think it will stay a Switch exclusive for now.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Raidou version confirmed, makes sense!
box art

v7_package_5447a3cde4261b36bf85a95be41a0a08.png
I'll be pretty mad if there's no physical release in EU.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Man I had to pause the video after they showed this to gather my thoughts. Than right after they drop V trailer...

The Switch is rising so fast as my favorite console ever thats for sure!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Man it's gonna be so great to be able to select skills for transfer upon fusion. The fusion/compendium changes alone are gonna make this a straight upgrade over emulation

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Gonna print a sticker to put on the cover so that I know that it features Dante from the Devil May Cry series (please feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series)

Edit: Guess the sticker will have to advertise Kuzunoha Raidou from the Devil Summoner series