• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XenoKefka

Oct 30, 2017
I'm playing the game on Switch (almost finished actually, I've reached last dungeon...) and I could check the patch today.

The lag is indeed mostly fixed and autobattle is also much faster now.
About demon fusion skill selection: there is still random selection by default but now you can press a button to choose yourself the skills, it is fully optional.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Sweet! The one change I absolutely wanted. Just cuts tedious hours of reloading the fusion result. Hopefully it'll be in all future games as well and by the looks of their remasters and current games, that seems to be the case.

Can't wait till it drops on steam.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Glad to see this remaster is getting fixed. I'm pretty indifferent towards the skill change. It irks me a little because I like having to make do with what I get vs optimizing as I please. It would be better if it was a New Game + bonus. I'll definitely abuse it and recommending the game to others will change the experience from what I had back in the PS2 days so that's kind of lame too, but if it makes more people happy overall, I'm fine with it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Nah this is just an original oversight that is being corrected. You can prefer the random inheritance, but it's not what made Nocturne and the older games difficult.

There's no intrinsic charm to the series DNA that's tied to random skills lol
Yeah I feel like I'm in bizarro earth at times when I read comments describing how it will affect the game. I've been playing these games for well over a decade and this is not something I will ever miss or fight for. It was annoying on release and it's even more annoying now lol

If you wanna roll with what you get, that's fine and valid. But if I want one skill to inherit, I really don't want to go in and out of a menu repeatedly for extended periods. It's just tedious.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
There were some demons that couldn't inherit specific skills (like a demon without a mouth cannot inherit a breath skill), but in general yes. Although the low odds of specific combos meant you sometimes had to settle for a "good enough" build.

They could still block skills from a list that can't be inherited despite being able to choose what you want during fusion. This will just reduce the tedium of selecting and canceling over and over. I doubt this is going to change it so skills impossible to be transferred will be transferable.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
They could still block skills from a list that can't be inherited despite being able to choose what you want during fusion. This will just reduce the tedium of selecting and canceling over and over. I doubt this is going to change it so skills impossible to be transferred will be transferable.
Yeah. Previous games that did this didn't allow for skills that are impossible to transfer to transfer.