• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
These racist pigs behave no different than nazis or blackshirts, except they think you can hide fascism behind a chintzy badge and thin blue line.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
This story just keeps getting more and more grotesque. It was incredibly insulting how they'd say that "no foul play was suspected" in the first place. Surprised they didn't claim this man shot himself also after being stopped by them.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I don't trust cops, but I also doubt them having the competency to orchestrate a shooting against themselves on a public street in broad daylight and get away with it I guess. We'll see what the investigation turns up hopefully.
You're assuming that he actually produced a weapon and shot at them, which may very well be an after the fact claim. You can't take any of their claims as true unless there's undoctored video evidence of an event.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
IF, we believe what the sheriff said. Mr. Boone may have acted first because he was charged on Tuesday with, "multiple criminal counts including criminal threats, assault, false imprisonment and domestic violence."

Based on what was reported the woman that got shot was not the alleged victim that accused Mr. Boone of this.

"Deputies were investigating a report from Monday that Boone assaulted, pistol-whipped, kidnapped and threatened a former girlfriend at her residence."

www.latimes.com

Days after half brother is found hanging in tree, man is fatally shot amid kidnap probe

A man fatally shot by deputies in Rosamond was the half brother of Robert Fuller, who was found hanging from a tree in Palmdale.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
This pack of officers reacted instinctually to an imagined weapon born from irrational fear and hate.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hope the family members go to that little girl before cops could try and gas light her into changing what she saw.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust cops, but I also doubt them having the competency to orchestrate a shooting against themselves on a public street in broad daylight and get away with it I guess. We'll see what the investigation turns up hopefully.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they set it up so the guy shot at them giving them the excuse to shoot back, they're saying it's likely the guy never shot at all - they just hunted him down and then reported that he opened fire first. (which of course there's no proof of since somehow in 2020 there were no body cams or even vehicle cams).

Plainclothes Detectives - Unmarked cars and Clothes

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
wait why did he open fire first?
Hard to blame him considering they are what they are but there was no way it was going to end well by opening fire, and a likelihood it wouldn't even if he didn't considering he had a gun on him. As a black dude with a gun in the car he might have been as good as dead anyways.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This article confirms the detectives were in plainclothes.
Yeah, looks to be. This is a very messy situation.

The fact that there were no cameras is stupid, especially in this time. Legit the only reason I could see Mr. Boone shooting first was knowing that he had those kidnapping and assault charges. ....but he had a kid in the car.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Orchestrate? Why would they have to orchestrate anything? All they had to do was roll up, shoot, and file the report. They can say whatever they want about what happened. Who's going to stop them?

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
So in plain clothes, they probably all came charging out, guns drawn, like kids pretending to be soldiers and started barking at the guy, who probably feared for his life and opened fire.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope someone tries to bring in new legislation to prevent these body cams from just being off.

it should carry a heavy penalty, suspension and possible removal while doing an investigation into the case that "wasn't Caught on camera"

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope someone tries to bring in new legislation to prevent these body cams from just being off.

it should carry a heavy penalty, suspension and possible removal while doing an investigation into the case that "wasn't Caught on camera"
They weren't off--they didn't have them. I don't know if that would change either as long as plainclothes are allowed.

Detectives shouldn't have been at the front of the arrest if they were pursuing someone with gun-related charges.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles county - LA Sheriff Department does not issue body worn video to its deputies nor do they have any audio or video devices on their patrol cars. It's truly upsetting as LASD is one of the most demonstrably incompetent law enforcement agencies I have the displeasure of working with. Tentatively LASD is set to FINALLY roll out body worn video this fall. Here's an article about LASD from last year that really highlights how bad LASD is:
www.vox.com

A new lawsuit describes a violent gang in LA County. Its members are deputy sheriffs.

The "Banditos" say they’re a fraternal club for LA deputies. But critics allege that the group violently harasses civilians — and other officers.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
A bunch of dangerous looking people with guns aimed at your 7 year old daughter hop out their car shouting orders and courts say they're the ones "fearing for their lives"

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles county - LA Sheriff Department does not issue body worn video to its deputies nor do they have any audio or video devices on their patrol cars. It's truly upsetting as LASD is one of the most demonstrably incompetent law enforcement agencies I have the displeasure of working with. Tentatively LASD is set to FINALLY roll out body worn video this fall. Here's an article about LASD from last year that really highlights how bad LASD is:
www.vox.com

A new lawsuit describes a violent gang in LA County. Its members are deputy sheriffs.

The "Banditos" say they’re a fraternal club for LA deputies. But critics allege that the group violently harasses civilians — and other officers.
Incredible. Thanks for your account.