• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this is bullshit.

If you don't agree with some inconvenient business and marketing decisions that came with including a publisher into the mix (in order to create a bigger and better game for ALL backers), fine. But saying they don't care is an absolute fucking lie from top to bottom, and gives excuses to awful people to routinely abuse Yu Suzuki and Ys Net.
Lol calm down. Just because you are okay with it doesn't mean I or anyone else have to. Actions speak louder than words and their actions have been pretty clear. Btw thank you for allowing me to have a opinion.

Also awful people are awful, so don't try to pin that on me. 1. It's not my responsibility and 2. I can have my own opinion without it being tied to awful people. Abuse is never a good thing. and I will never stand for it So next time you try to link me to awful people, go f yourself.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Lol calm down. Just because you are okay with it doesn't mean I or anyone else have to. Actions speak louder than words and their actions have been pretty clear. Btw thank you for allowing me to have a opinion.

Also awful people are awful, so don't try to pin that on me. 1. It's not my responsibility and 2. I can have my own opinion without it being tied to awful people. Abuse is never a good thing. and I will never stand for it So next time you try to link me to awful people, go f yourself.

Sounds like you're the one who needs to calm down tbh. If you don't want to be called out for spouting lies and anti-EGS rhetoric then maybe don't? Saying they don't care about backers because... *checks notes* ... the PC game is on a launcher some people don't like and won't be on disc like 98% of PC games is ridiculous and not true at all. There's literally nothing to back up that they don't care about backers. It comes across as a low-level troll thing to say, especially when certain rewards have been met and look great. Not to mention the game has surpassed expectations and continues to look amazing.

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

I'm not going to drag this thread into the shit with a derail, but as someone who has followed this game for four and a half years, and seen the amount of time and effort dedicated by Ys Net to try pleasing fans on a shoestring... I can't let something like "they don't care about backers" sit with me that easily.

Not having seen the personal time Yu Suzuki has given up to meet with fan outlets for interviews at events, or genuinely wanting to know what they thought of the demo. Not having heard he sleeps in the office and never sees his family, or that (even jokingly) his co-director says the work schedule is killing Yu. For all his effort, it's been character assassination and abuse from certain parties since the crowdfunding campaign kicked off in the first place. A blanket statement like "they don't care about the backers" is not helping any of that, and arguably feeds the beast with a vapid hot take devoid of nuance or knowledge of the situation.

Have a good one.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like you're the one who needs to calm down tbh. If you don't want to be called out for spouting lies and anti-EGS rhetoric then maybe don't? Saying they don't care about backers because... *checks notes* ... the PC game is on a launcher some people don't like and won't be on disc like 98% of PC games is ridiculous and not true at all. There's literally nothing to back up that they don't care about backers. It comes across as a low-level troll thing to say, especially when certain rewards have been met and look great. Not to mention the game has surpassed expectations and continues to look amazing.
You seriously expect me to keep calm after someone tries to link me to horrible people who abuses other people? Seriously?

Did you also forget about the pre-order stuff, that we would be the first one playing the game or that the physical disk is going to be a cd with a launcher? You really think that's thinking about backers? Perhaps you think that's caring, I don't.

Also I was responding to someone asking something and I gave a answer with what i was expecting myself and how I feel about it.

What lie did I tell? Just because your okay with stuff and want to forget other parts doesn't make it a lie. It makes it a perception of a situation. Just like I have the perception that they don't care.

I'm not going to drag this thread into the shit with a derail, but as someone who has followed this game for four and a half years, and seen the amount of time and effort dedicated by Ys Net to try pleasing fans on a shoestring... I can't let something like "they don't care about backers" sit with me that easily.

Not having seen the personal time Yu Suzuki has given up to meet with fan outlets for interviews at events, or genuinely wanting to know what they thought of the demo. Not having heard he sleeps in the office and never sees his family, or that (even jokingly) his co-director says the work schedule is killing Yu. For all his effort, it's been character assassination and abuse from certain parties since the crowdfunding campaign kicked off in the first place. A blanket statement like "they don't care about the backers" is not helping any of that, and arguably feeds the beast with a vapid hot take devoid of nuance or knowledge of the situation.

Have a good one.
You already did with the way you responded to me and yes no need to derail it more. But stop acting like everyone needs to get on their knees and start sucking, and that your part of abuse if you think they don't care about backers. Also if you responded like that to me I wouldn't have responded like I did.

Again, I am only responsible for myself and not for anyone else. No one is holding a gun to his heads making him sleep in his office, not seeing his family and not being healthy. If he needs more time, he needs more time. He has delayed the game more than once.

It's not a blanket statement when backers have not been treated with care. Perception is something you need to manage and they did a piss poor job.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
You seriously expect me to keep calm after someone tries to link me to horrible people who abuses other people? Seriously?

Did you also forget about the pre-order stuff, that we would be the first one playing the game or that the physical disk is going to be a cd with a launcher? You really think that's thinking about backers? Perhaps you think that's caring, I don't.

Also I was responding to someone asking something and I gave a answer with what i was expecting myself and how I feel about it.

What lie did I tell? Just because your okay with stuff and want to forget other parts doesn't make it a lie. It makes it a perception of a situation. Just like I have the perception that they don't care.

I don't think you understand the pre-order stuff. Outside of press backers did get the demo and got to play before anyone else. Game won't be on disk like 98% of PC games. That's it? Literally no genuine reasons to say they don't care about backers but ok go off.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Backers demo? Not even the new build everyone else got to play? Lol what a joke. Publicity is publicity I guess.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you understand the pre-order stuff. Game won't be on disk like 98% of PC games. That's it? Literally no genuine reasons to say they don't care but ok go off.
For some reason your stepping over the fact they themselves said it would be the complete game on disk but sure lets forget about it. We clearly disagree on the pre-order stuff.

I did not go off on the situation but on Spaghetti linking me to horrible stuff as abuse. I guess, thanks for misreading me.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason your stepping over the fact they themselves said it would be the complete game on disk but sure lets forget about it. We clearly disagree on the pre-order stuff.

I did not go off on the situation but on Spaghetti linking me to horrible stuff as abuse. I guess, thanks for misreading me.

The pre-order stuff is shitty booster items that are already in the game. Literally extra capsule toy tickets as an incentive for pre-orders. That's it. Stuff that's already in the game. You're getting the complete game. Who knows, we might even get the "Day 1" edition that comes with these in-game items but they're completely negligible. Saying it's not the "complete game" because of that is mind blowing. They're literally single use booster items to get a "head start" and are pointless. Using this as a basis to say they don't care makes no sense to me but whatever I guess.

Edit: Not sure if you meant the PC stuff reading this back but things change. 98% of PC games don't get a physical release. Hardly a basis to say they don't care about backers at all. Everything else they've done proves they do so a few things not working out doesn't outweigh what an amazing job they've done with rewards and you know, actual quality of the game itself.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The pre-order stuff is shitty booster items that are already in the game. Literally extra capsule toy tickets as an incentive for pre-orders. That's it. Stuff that's already in the game. You're getting the complete game. Who knows, we might even get the "Day 1" edition that comes with these in-game items but they're completely negligible. Saying it's not the "complete game" because of that is mind blowing. They're literally single use booster items to get a "head start" and are pointless. Using this as a basis to say they don't care makes no sense to me but whatever I guess.
Either I'm really writing terrible or you are trying your best to misread what I am saying.

I'm talking about the complete game on disc and not a freaking launcher.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I for one am livid about people who didn't back the game getting booster items while I don't. Its enough to make me give up caring for the sequel I've waited 18 years for... oh wait, no it isn't. Who gives a damn. I'm sure the 10 minutes it takes to earn money to purchase the extra capsule toys and stuff will be pure torture on me to play. Lol.

Oct 30, 2017
it's fair to be upset with how the Kickstarter was run, but there are lots of threads for that stuff. I think the refunds should've sealed that saga for good as well.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
it's fair to be upset with how the Kickstarter was run, but there are lots of threads for that stuff. I think the refunds should've sealed that saga for good as well.

No doubt certain aspects were poorly done. That doesn't translate to the devs not caring about backers though. You'd think people would have moved on by now but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 30, 2017
They released a great demo to backers, but made the "mistake" of letting the press get a crack at it. I can't actually understand how anyone could legitimately be upset about that.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, just edited as I thought that's what you meant.
Here's the thing. It's only my perception and what I think. I feel that backers aren't cared for and whatever it's true or not, my perception of it is like that.
Is it something to still get mad about, no.

But, if you going to link my opinion/perception with abuse and trying to link me to those kind of people and try to stifle discussion that way. I am going to be upset.

Last edited:

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the thing it's only my perception and what I think. I feel that backers aren't cared for and whatever it's true or not my perception of it is like that.
Is it something to still get mad about, no.

But, if you going to link my opinion with abuse and trying to link me to those kind of people and try to stifle discussion that way. I am going to be upset.

Fair enough. I hope you atleast enjoy the game when it comes out. Looks like it's going to be an amazing game for Shenmue fans that exceeds initial expectations.

Here's some screenshots from the demo, excited for the final game:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough. I hope you atleast enjoy the game when it comes out. Looks like it's going to be an amazing game for Shenmue fans that exceeds initial expectations.
There is no doubt in my mind that i'm going to enjoy the game multiple times for generations ahead. Yes, I said generations.

The game looks a bit weird at 60fps, especially if you played the previous game recently. Also can I say the music sounds awesome but I wished it was a recorded orchestra.

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Even thought it was a walk-through of content we've seen before, I had a good time watching that stream.

No doubt that combat is now slightly speedier with better hit reactions. Wonder if the bookie fight has been nerfed slightly? The player almost won on her first try.

*snip*
Punches well above its weight visually, given the budget. At the very least a stunning use of colour that isn't seen much anymore.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a little disturbed by Shenmue 3's current ranking on Amazon. I was looking for it in the top 100, couldn't find it, and discovered it's currently at 642 a month out from release.

I won't even mention the UK ranking. It's MUCH worse. It's deep in the thousands

:(

buy more copies!

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I'm a little disturbed by Shenmue 3's current ranking on Amazon. I was looking for it in the top 100, couldn't find it, and discovered it's currently at 642 a month out from release.

I won't even mention the UK ranking. It's MUCH worse. It's deep in the thousands

buy more copies!
Maaaaaaan that is a bummer. I hope it picks up as we get closer to release. :/ Worried.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's still a month out, but there are a bunch of unreleased games on the top 100. I worry they spent too much trying to convince the believers and very little on attracting a new audience. Marketing thus far has done little to bring in anyone new.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I thought I had f.lux on when I started scrolling, way too pink

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

buy more copies!

I've done my part.

I've got four copies pre-ordered. Two through Kickstarter and two Collector's Editions. I've spent roughly $1,400 Australian dollars! @_@

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017

Nah sorry dude, you're in the wrong on this, even if you wanna say it's your opinion, it's wrong. Backers are getting special DLC and games packages unique for them that the rest of the population isn't getting.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Man, those screenshots are absolutely fantastic. This game really captures so much of the magic of the series. I still kind of cannot believe it.

As for the potential sales of the game... Especially considering the month it is releasing in yeah, I expect it to bomb pretty significantly. I also think a many of the reviews will scare off newcomers... That said; I never think Yu Suzuki structured this project around just one game. I feel the plan and deals to make Shenmue III always included more than just one game release. I think in the worst case scenario we will still get a proper story conclusion within the next decade too, even if it has to end up being just a manga or something.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017

buy more copies!

Can we really judge copies pre ordered by those rankings?
cause i remember at some point it was in the top 10 most pre ordered games in some Amazon regions, maybe these rankings don't reflect the number as a whole, but most likely reflect highly pre ordered as of recently. Because the people interested in purchasing Shenmue 3 already have done their pre orders months ago.

Oct 30, 2017
I've done my part.

I've got four copies pre-ordered. Two through Kickstarter and two Collector's Editions. I've spent roughly $1,400 Australian dollars! @_@
I as well. Can't justify another copy!

I get all the fans have bought their copy, etc., but itd be nice to see the game picking up momentum outside of its base. We need a fourth game! Just wanted to point out sales aren't looking too strong a month out based on the current Amazon rank. I hope Deep Silver does one last big marketing blitz.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I as well. Can't justify another copy!

I get all the fans have bought their copy, etc., but itd be nice to see the game picking up momentum outside of its base. We need a fourth game! Just wanted to point out sales aren't looking too strong a month out based on the current Amazon rank. I hope Deep Silver does one last big marketing blitz.
Number #45 best selling PS4 game on Best Buy and #42 at Gamestop.
2 Versions of Shenmue 3 on Amazon Japan at #134 and #431. Combine the two it probably cracks the top 100. Still a month out and it was made on a limited budget so it's not like the game needs to do gangbusters. All numbers will improve as we get closer.

Oct 30, 2017
I certainly hope so. I don't think it's going to be a runaway smash success, but I hope they can do something to pull in new fans.

the present sales rankings show me there isn't much sustained interest in the game outside of its core audience. We see Shenmue top charts momentarily, but it's never sustained like it is for other high profile games. Same thing happened with the ports. I'm also noticing an increased lack of interest around here, especially since the controversy surrounding the Kickstarter died down...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

Google translate on the conclusion:

The best that can be said about Shenmue III is that, once certain technical deficiencies have been overcome, one ends up absorbed in his proposal and narrative. The hours seem seconds as we do the role of the protagonist , just what we fell in love with the previous games and what could dazzle any newcomer (especially with ' Shenmue I & II HD ' just appeared). As far as a server is concerned, much has to be twisted so that Suzuki does not fulfill his eternal promise of a dignified continuation.

Another very solid preview for the pile. What I've noticed is even the ones most critical of the technical aspects (which IMO, is kind of overblown and nitpicky in the face of the scale and budget Shenmue III works with), there is an admission that the premise and execution is doing absolutely what it needs to for drawing the player in and making it an entertaining and immersive game.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to think that Shenmue 3 is only like one month away now. I still haven't finished my replays of Shenmue 1 and 2, which I really wanted to finish before 3 comes out. I guess I better hurry.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden

buy more copies!

That's bad but not that unexpected after all. We fans tend to forget how much of a fan project this actually is. At my local GameStop the girl behind the counter didn't even know what Shenmue was when I went in to buy Shenmue I & II at launch. I had to spell it out for her.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably being pretty stupid here, but where has that been confirmed? Thanks in advance.
Not stupid at all :) Its not been confirmed anywhere and the videos that do show 60FPS footage is just your standard "Youtube set to 60FPS" playback footage. I'm still very dubious it'll be over 30FPS on PS4 myself, but on the bright side from what has been shown over the last week from the PS4 footage it seems like its running on settings akin to "high/very high" from the PC trial (though I imagine the console version has more noticeable pop in/lower draw distance but that's just a guess)

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah sorry dude, you're in the wrong on this, even if you wanna say it's your opinion, it's wrong. Backers are getting special DLC and games packages unique for them that the rest of the population isn't getting.
Since I'm not going to derail the thread and actually I was already done with discussing it. But since you're keen in discussing it, I'm going to sent you a PM.

edit: Apparently I can't sent you a PM. So just tell me if you want to continue this discussion and me posting my response here or you need to send me a PM. Clearly I do not agree with your assessment but is it really worth to derail the thread again like I, Spaghetti, and Ryo Hazuki did?

Last edited: