• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What do you win?

Also, there's a Kid near the entrance of the Panda Market (or in the Prize Shop) who asks for a Football from the Pail Toss.

And a guy in Joy Park.
2 whole tickets! Seriously, I think its mainly for a trophy (get high scores on all arcade games).
Thanks for the tips on other side stories, will check those out. I need to hit Joy Park again to grind for more credits.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Update about the GameStop bonus. CSR email:

Hello Link (they spelled my name wrong),

I am sorry for the miscommunication

the Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion physical bonus is only for EB Game Canada in the US is only available the digital bonus

please, feel free to contact us back if you need assistance with anything else

It was on their website before the redesign. Wow, they really screwed us over.

harlekin

Mar 25, 2018
What do you win?

Also, there's a Kid near the entrance of the Panda Market (or in the Prize Shop) who asks for a Football from the Pail Toss.

And a guy in Joy Park.
And the women at Panda market general store later on asks for a special mushroom (vase or lead to hidden fishing spot as a reward).
And the old (funny) guy in the fortune tellers area has a tree days sidquest, where you talk to him for three days in a row (and he then only gives you a 30 moneys item).
And the blind female village elder woman, later on asks you to collect 5 herbs for her (one of which only appears after you've collected the sidequest - already collected herbs count) edit: This gives you an amber amulet - that she tells you later on can gift Shenhua, OR sell. I've kept it in inventory so far.

With Shenhua you have a conversation (evening conversations) where she tells you that they usually dont gift items on Birthdays in the village, but that in Japan they do, and you also have an conversation with here, that her father made here an amber amulet once, and it is her most precious belonging. Also you get to know - that her birthdays is on the 9th of september. (Which is still half a year away.)

So I wonder.... If you have amulet, if game gets played until her birthday comes along....

(And I think thats all the sidequests I've come by... (in Bailu village - so far.))
(That and the two fishing sidequests we've covered. )

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
And the women at Panda market general store later on asks for a special mushroom (vase or lead to hidden fishing spot as a reward).
And the old (funny) guy in the fortune tellers area has a tree days sidquest, where you talk to him for three days in a row (and he than only gives you a 30 moneys item).
And the blind female village elder woman, later on asks you to collect 5 herbs for her (one of which only appears after you've collected the sidequest - already collected herbs count)

And I think thats all the sidequests I've come by... (in Bailu village - so far.)

The boy gave a choice of a capsule toy or a map to hidden fishing spot.

I chose the capsule toy. If I were to fish, could I still use that area?

harlekin

Mar 25, 2018
I've always chosen the second reward as well (not 'secret fishing spot'), so I dont know what the game does, if you pick that.

I suppose that they'd only map you the one near the green bridge, because its 'hidden'. But there is also another (parched) uninteractable fishing spot near the elders/slum area. So I wonder. Probably thats only there for contextuality (poor area of town) - but I dont know.

Anyone pick - 'hidden fishing spot' as a reward and tell us. :)
-

You can fish at any of the four regular (including the semi hidden fishing spot near green bridge) as often as you want. You just have to lend yourself the equipment every time.

I dont know if there is a fifth hidden fishing area. The fourth one you can always use anyhow.

Fishing areas are:
- near green bridge ('hidden')
- pond at the fishing store
- pond at sunflower field
- river near joy market (the betting zone near the entrance of Bailu village)

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone knows if the PC version supports the 360 controller? As in, showing Xbox prompts.

Or any other controller for that matter.
Yep I've been playing the PC version with the Xbox One controller and it works fine, aside from the right trigger not doing various speeds of movement based on pressure like the Dreamcast game did.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've always chosen the second reward as well (not 'secret fishing spot'), so I dont know what the game does, if you pick that.

I suppose that they'd only map you the one near the green bridge, because its 'hidden'. But there is also another (parched) uninteractable fishing spot near the elders/slum area. So I wonder. Probably thats only there for contextuality (poor area of town) - but I dont know.

Anyone pick - 'hidden fishing spot' as a reward and tell us. :)
-

You can fish at any of the four regular (including the semi hidden fishing spot near green bridge) as often as you want. You just have to lend yourself the equipment every time.

I dont know if there is a fifth hidden fishing area. The fourth one you can always use anyhow.

Fishing areas are:
- near green bridge ('hidden')
- pond at the fishing store
- pond at sunflower field
- river near joy market (the betting zone near the entrance of Bailu village)

Well the Ball Boy shows you there is one near Panda Market. Like going to the Elder Area and turning left, near some small flower meadow. Is that the one you say you can't interact with? Maybe he lets you, I don't know.

harlekin

Mar 25, 2018
Yes, thats the non interactable one. (For me, I never picked 'hidden fishing spot' as a reward.)

I went there with a fishing pole - and couldnt fish.

I wonder if you can catch "the king of bailu" (super rare fish) there. :)
-

Now - new proposal, give the boy that wants the ball, the ball, but pick "hidden fishing spot" (the toy he gives you is comparatively common anyhow), if that opens up that fishing spot - maybe its worthwhile. (Better fishing spot than 800 moneys an hour? Maybe super rare fish?)

The general store owner in panda market later on gives you a mushroom collecting sidequest, that lets you choose between a vase (with a fish on it), and 'hidden fishing area' as well. Vase just seems to be a pretty pot so far (not that valuable either).

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Im having troubles at beating the Gold duan at bailu village.
My attack is 4 and my endurance is 7 and my kung fu is 10.

I have mastered some techniques but I am mostly using block + b + b.
Problem is, even when blocking, he manages to destroy me 3 energy bars or more per hit.
I don't really get it, apparently i can only block 2 bars before my block bar is on red and he hits me anyway.

I block and i try to back peddle, sometimes left or right peddle but he still hits me in the end of the combo.
What am I doing wrong?
Specialy cause im playing on normal and not hard.

Tried over 10 times using save and load.

Edit: this is what happens https://streamable.com/u1j6q
Max I got out of him was half HP, but it's really hard to hit him without being hit.
Is this supposed to happen?

Last edited:

harlekin

Mar 25, 2018
Whats the gold duan?

I've left Bailu village with Kung Fu level 30 - at that point I snuffed the thugs (video WITH SPOILERS (thats one of the culminating scenes of the village portion) here:

You can only look at the fighting starting at 11:50 sharp but beware, that at the end of the fighting (big dude), there are spoilers as well - and the finishing move (on the big guy that enters after the first two are beat) kind of is a spoiler on its own, so be careful.)

I use the prepopulated R move (never changed that), and a move thats called 'hip of the tiger' (or dragon?) or similar, that is a set trade in reward. Also I'm on Kung fu level 30. And have trained all my moves. The fight was a joke at that point. Playing on normal as well.

The general notion is, that some of the trainable moves will knock your opponent down at their max level (which takes 5 minutes to train), also causing 3 damage on hit - and that they are good for appraoches, and crowd control.

What or who is gold duan though?

edit: Saw the streamable link. Will watch and then comment.

edit2: Ah that guy. Yes, you are not strong enough. :) I beat him using mostly the 'hip of the tiger' move, which should send him flying (knockdown) if at max level (train that move for 10 minutes in sparring), when it hits. Its either that you arent using one of the levelable moves (and have maxed that out), which would send him flying - or that your Kung Fu is too low still.

I fought him at Kung fu - Level 20, but then I played at a 'completionist -style' level of min/maxing and not rushing through the story.

Last edited:

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Im having troubles at beating the Gold duan at bailu village.
My attack is 4 and my endurance is 7 and my kung fu is 10.

I have mastered some techniques but I am mostly using block + b + b.
Problem is, even when blocking, he manages to destroy me 3 energy bars or more per hit.
I don't really get it, apparently i can only block 2 bars before my block bar is on red and he hits me anyway.

I block and i try to back peddle, sometimes left or right peddle but he still hits me in the end of the combo.
What am I doing wrong?
Specialy cause im playing on normal and not hard.

Tried over 10 times using save and load.

Edit: this is what happens https://streamable.com/u1j6q
Max I got out of him was half HP, but it's really hard to hit him without being hit.
Is this supposed to happen?

He is a bit cheap and hits like a truck.

The way i beat him and how i beat him plenty of times in the backer demo is to Master Elbow assault and the Ground Sweep attack. The latter move you can buy at Tao-get.

You have to keep your distance from him, try to hit him with the elbow assault right after he finishes an attack or right on start up of an attack. It should knock him to the ground 9/10 times. When he is down you can get hit him with the ground sweep at least once. Sometimes i was able to hit him twice with it and still have to time to get back and keep distance. Rinse and Repeat.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yes, thats the non interactable one. (For me, I never picked 'hidden fishing spot' as a reward.)

I went there with a fishing pole - and couldnt fish.

I wonder if you can catch "the king of bailu" (super rare fish) there. :)
-

Now - new proposal, give the boy that wants the ball, the ball, but pick "hidden fishing spot" (the toy he gives you is comparatively common anyhow), if that opens up that fishing spot - maybe its worthwhile. (Better fishing spot than 800 moneys an hour? Maybe super rare fish?)

The general store owner in panda market later on gives you a mushroom collecting sidequest, that lets you choose between a vase (with a fish on it), and 'hidden fishing area' as well. Vase just seems to be a pretty pot so far (not that valuable either).

I missed out on the Boy one now, but when I get the Mushroom one, hopefully tonight, i'll report my findings.

EDIT: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/fishing-thread-locations-records-tips.2032/

Yes, you have to choose it when you do the boy sidequest.

Even better! Thanks. NG+ is gonna be great then.

Yeah, it sounds quite nice. A sort of "Relax and smell the roses" type affair if you rushed before, or just want to explore more if you took your time.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched the Giantbomb quick look so far, but I'm extremely curious who handled the English localization for this. The voice work is terrible in the exact, dead-on perfect way I was hoping for. It reminds me of EDF 4.1 in that respect.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched the Giantbomb quick look so far, but I'm extremely curious who handled the English localization for this. The voice work is terrible in the exact, dead-on perfect way I was hoping for. It reminds me of EDF 4.1 in that respect.
Do you remember Shenmue 2 English dub? I'm not saying it's great but it's a million times better than that game's voice acting.

In Shenmue 3 the characters actually show a few emotions like happiness, concern or frustration. I don't get a head ache from it.

Oct 30, 2017
Do you remember Shenmue 2 English dub? I'm not saying it's great but it's a million times better than that game's voice acting.

In Shenmue 3 the characters actually show a few emotions like happiness, concern or frustration. I don't get a head ache from it.

I immediately burst into laughter the second I played the Wang vid. You can't recreate that.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yea, I'm a backer so I already got the game in both physical and digital form. I only wanted the bonus but they really screwed us. Just a pain to bring it to a B&M store around where I live. Thankfully, I got the Limited Runs CE as well and I think maybe the mirror is the same one. Not sure.

No reply from CSR this time. Gonna email them again.

Yeah from my research the same mirror is included in the CE. That's the route i'm likely going to go since I really want it and the other swag looks pretty damn cool. To my surprise, I haven't heard a peep from my local gamestop after giving them my info. It's getting taken back today for sure.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah from my research the same mirror is included in the CE. That's the route i'm likely going to go since I really want it and the other swag looks pretty damn cool. To my surprise, I haven't heard a peep from my local gamestop after giving them my info. It's getting taken back today for sure.

I got the emails back from two different CSRs. The physical bonus was for EB Canada only. US gets digital only.

Totally got scammed but they had it on their site before the redesign. Yea, I'm gonna return it to a local GS in Downtown after work next week. Gonna use the preorder code cuz fuck them for lying.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I got the emails back from two different CSRs. The physical bonus was for EB Canada only. US gets digital only.

Totally got scammed but they had it on their site before the redesign. Yea, I'm gonna return it to a local GS in Downtown after work next week. Gonna use the preorder code cuz fuck them for lying.
Yeah it's really irritating. Sure blah blah "only while supplies last...." blah blah, but especially if you preordered online, that should've been guaranteed. That's what i'm doing for sure. They don't deserve my business for this mess.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's really irritating. Sure blah blah "only while supplies last...." blah blah, but especially if you preordered online, that should've been guaranteed. That's what i'm doing for sure. They don't deserve my business for this mess.

This might be the last thing I preordered on their site. Ever since they did their site redesign, I've had multiple issues with them. They don't cancel in time and messing up my preorder stuff. Def no longer buying from them anymore. Not worth the hassle.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This might be the last thing I preordered on their site. Ever since they did their site redesign, I've had multiple issues with them. They don't cancel in time and messing up my preorder stuff. Def no longer buying from them anymore. Not worth the hassle.
Exactly. Coincidentally My Pokemon SW/SH double pack was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday(again exclusive preorder bonus). I have yet to hear any tracking update on that. Just atrocious man.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

I like how fucking bad Wang's brother's voice is, yet he pronounces "Yokosuka" far better than Ryo.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got my backer password yesterday, but it didn't work, and now it's saying on the fangamer page that
there is no backer password for my tier. T_T

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I need 2000 dollars to buy some liquor for a quest line in the game, Is there any way to get it cheaper? I just want to make sure I'm not wasting a bunch of money if I buy it at that price.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So what are the quickest ways to make money? Just training now to bring my levels up to take on the pale toss bookie, but my health depletes so fast. Is that little vegetable stall the only place to get food? And the minigames the best way to get money?