• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Let's go!!!!

GMMdvcw.jpg

19 minutes until the update is complete.

(My friend got me the Shenmue 3 Bandage fro Gamescom :D)

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Looking forward to getting kickstarter digital copy, went from 'Glad it exists, but not expecting much' to being pretty optimistic based on the demo and the impressions so far

It's been a long time since I finished Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast in my parent's house on a tiny CRT

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit to breaking and watching a bit on Twitch last night and was very impressed with what I saw visually.

I'll spoiler this but it's very general and presented without any story context because I don't have any.

Ryo in a fight against several opponents in a dark, industrial-looking arena, lit by burning oil drums. Very atmospheric and nice lighting.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
The Limited Run Games special edition comes with a replica Dreamcast case, even with reversible art so you can make it a US or Japanese copy.

I was sorely tempted but I'll have three copies by the end of the week and decided that's enough 😬

Oh yeah I just saw that and actually would have bought it (even thou the amout I backed during the kickstarter campaign was much more than what I would call reasonable)
but those things are always sold out when I find out about them, same thing goes for the Pix'n love Limited Edition. :(

Honestly a bit sour about this and one of the reasons why this'll be the first and last time I back a game.
The Kickstarter Collector's edition pales in comparison to both of those from Limited Run Games and Pix'n Love and at a much higher price on top!
But well,...now is the time to be positive and happy about the release!

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah it is actually quite sad they did not go the extra mile for us backers in this case. Hope the other stuff in the high-tier rewards are better.
Well they showed some of the signed artwork that's shipping soon in an update a while back and it looked awesome. For me Yu's signature alone is worth the $300. The artbook and soundtrack are the icing on the cake.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day one backer here (100€) and still no code, what a fucking joke, and here anybody else can buy the game on other websites or console and play.

I really hate Kickstarter, this is the last time I back a game (or anything else).

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Just pre-ordered on PSN, a little under 10 hours until the game unlocks. Very excited to play, hoping for a difficult and lengthy platinum trophy!

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually pretty disappointed that there's no sign of the soundtrack yet. I'd enjoy passing the time listening to that until I can get home and play.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Have spent about 30 mins wondering around Bailu. The environment is gorgeous; the colours are so rich. It all feels just like Shenmue should feel - movement, interactions, dialogue, mini games. I am going to savour this game so much.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Well they showed some of the signed artwork that's shipping soon in an update a while back and it looked awesome. For me Yu's signature alone is worth the $300. The artbook and soundtrack are the icing on the cake.
Yeah, kinda same for me when I decided to not cancel the KS pledge. Really wanted the signature. But would have also REALLY liked to have received a top quality CE box, and I honestly thought for $300 we would get something better than what anyone not backing higher would be able to get.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
Did you check your library already? I had to manually download it from there. When you check the three DLCs the game itself will also download.

Sorry, should have made it clearer, I bought both the game physically and digitally as a backer. I haven't received yet any confirmation that my physical order has shipped (I live in France), but I hope the code will arrive tonight.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, should have made it clearer, I bought both the game physically and digitally as a backer. I haven't received yet any confirmation that my physical order has shipped (I live in France), but I hope the code will arrive tonight.
Oh ok i'm sorry for you. I hope you will get your code before the game unlocks.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
\o/ It's real! I have my backer copy in my hands right now!!

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times already, but I have a friend who backed for a digital code and is wondering whether to expect it today or tomorrow. Does anyone know?

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
My copy is on the way, but it shipped from LA saturday at like 11PM. I'm in Québec, so I'm wondering if I'll have it by tomorrow.

It's no worries either way, as I have games to play currently.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah, kinda same for me when I decided to not cancel the KS pledge. Really wanted the signature. But would have also REALLY liked to have received a top quality CE box, and I honestly thought for $300 we would get something better than what anyone not backing higher would be able to get.
It's a shame the backer slipcase isn't great but this sort of thing happens a lot. What you're really paying for is the big ticket physical items...and to help get the game made. I'm pretty sure backers had the exact same complaints with Bloodstained's case. The reality is publishers can afford to make nice steelbooks, while Kickstarter campaigns have to be more conservative with costs. All the backer rewards will be way more valuable than the the steelbook in the long run, anyway. Shouldn't be hard to grab one for cheap.

Anyway, I'm playing Shenmue III in 5 minutes...jesus!

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the mediocre box art and the disappointing slip case/menu screen will be the last stand for Shenmue nonbelievers because everyone who's played Shenmue 3 likes/loves it. I expected nothing less from one of the all-time game design GOATs.
If the game is good then great but that doesn't excuse how poorly the kickstarter was run and how they treated their backers.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I do have to add that slipcase is cheap garbage. This should have been a steelbook or something.

Before even knowing if the game is good or anything, instant regret paying full-price for this lol.

Pogogacy

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Has there been confirmation on what the enhancements are when playing on the Pro?

I'm wondering this myself actually.

From what I can gather, it seems to be resolution north of 1080p and an unlocked framerate (don't know average fps or how stable it is). Perhaps some Pro users who have got their copy early and played it can comment?

Also, does anyone know if this game has HDR support on Pro? It seems to have a real Sega blue skies colourful vibrant feel to it so I imagine it would look great in HDR.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm wondering this myself actually.

From what I can gather, it seems to be resolution north of 1080p and an unlocked framerate (don't know average fps or how stable it is). Perhaps some Pro users who have got their copy early and played it can comment?

Also, does anyone know if this game has HDR support on Pro? It seems to have a real Sega blue skies colourful vibrant feel to it so I imagine it would look great in HDR.
Checking the box it doesn't mention that it's Pro Enhanced, so that's disappointing.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yeah, already downloaded and now just waiting patiently.

How do you have your digital copy?
Are you talking about the backer digital copy?
Because i backed the game on kickstarter and still no copy and I cannot download what I don't have!
On the page it says they will deliver 19 november.

Last edited:

nny

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most I ever spent on a game ($300), and the mirrors and DC case are neat, but I did it mostly for Yu's signature and to make sure this game would happen <3

Let's go!!!!

GMMdvcw.jpg

19 minutes until the update is complete.

(My friend got me the Shenmue 3 Bandage fro Gamescom :D)

"BANDAGE" Amazing :D