• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
tbh all the reactions in here are pretty nuts to me. "Look at how they fucked over the fans!!!"

It's one thing to promise a physical release then only deliver a digital code, or determine your console region based on mailing address, that's some bullshit. But the reaction to the storefront swap seems so overblown to me. I think it's annoying having to switch stores all the time, but I've had to fix and Frankenstein jank-ass Dreamcasts to play Shenmue for 20 years...I'm keeping some perspective here.
People have been rightfully banned in this thread for dismissing this as an "overblown storefront swap."

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I apologize if this was already asked, but anyone know if it is still possible to ask to get a PS4 key instead of the pc at this stage?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I apologize if this was already asked, but anyone know if it is still possible to ask to get a PS4 key instead of the pc at this stage?
You can open your Fangamer survey and change your selection there. Not sure if they'll be honored at this stage in the game but I went ahead and did it myself.

I had previously asked for a physical PC release. I have no confidence that a functional product will be shipped on this format at this point so I switched to PS4 and am planning to give the game away now.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
You can open your Fangamer survey and change your selection there. Not sure if they'll be honored at this stage in the game but I went ahead and did it myself.

I had previously asked for a physical PC release. I have no confidence that a functional product will be shipped on this format at this point so I switched to PS4 and am planning to give the game away now.

Could you give me the link for the page?

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
actually not worth it valve fans are obsessed with getting people banned

I don't want you banned and nor am I a valve fan boy.

Do you not empathise at the base level of spending your money expecting one thing and then with no warning you not having it as an option anymore? A refund to those that want it should be more than ok and be the smallest amount of good will towards the customers that made them get bought in the first place.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, let's ignore the staff post about all their previous advertising saying Steam and post a hot take .
I mean, that's what quite a number of people have done in this thread already. I don't even get it, because it says right there in the title to read the goddamn staff post.

On topic though, I'm only kind of a fan of Shenmue, but I still backed it for a Steam copy, so they can kick rocks with this garbage again. Particularly Epic/Tim Sweeney for falsely claiming they wouldn't do it again and Deep Silver for doing it despite the backlash they got for it last time.

Oct 27, 2017
I have nothing but sympathy for people that are going through this with Shenmue. It was never a game that interested me much but when 1 and 2 came to steam I was sorely tempted to buy em to give them a go, but never got round to it and kinda thankful now I did not support this chicken shit company if this is the amount of respect they have for their customers.

But with kickstarter and crowd funding I think it is time we took stock of things. I personally no longer back anything on any crowd funding service. I had my own bad experience of a developer blatantly lying and never making good on physical rewards it was a very expensive £150 lesson I can tell you. I honestly think it is time we stopped supporting kickstarter projects from what I have seen the developers using kickstarter have complete and utter contempt for their fanbase and we should just not entertain this behaviour anymore.

I know I will never back another game or project on kickstarter and I hope many more start taking this route, Developers are taking the piss out of our good faith and devotion and laughing at us.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

a fine contribution to this thread

lol it's not valve fans, it's people with no argument trying to defend the epic store for terrible decisions and pretending it's everyone else fault.

You are insultingly obtuse.

That's the conclusion you've made to all this? That it's just Valve fans trying to get people banned? Seriously?

Ah yes, let's ignore the staff post about all their previous advertising saying Steam and post a hot take .

Smooth edit, Epic fan lol

this post is genius and will not result in any negative outcome

It must be difficult to be so disconnected from what's actually happening for that to be your hot take here.

saying that a lot of the hysteria around the epic store seems a little off base and being met with all this............................. doesn't make me feel wrong. Everyone who wanted a steam key and isn't getting one should get a refund, just feels like a lot of posts in here are just shy of calling for Yu Suzuki to go to The Hague

I don't want you banned and nor am I a valve fan boy.

Do you not empathise at the base level of spending your money expecting one thing and then with no warning you not having it as an option anymore? A refund to those that want it should be more than ok and be the smallest amount of good will towards the customers that made them get bought in the first place.

Yeah of course I have empathy for those people haha. Not giving refunds is absolutely horseshit. I just feel like some of the posts in this thread are a little hysterical. If this was, for instance, a switch from Steam to GoG, I don't think we would have 50 pages of arguing based on the principle of the matter. It's all tied up in this maelstrom of discourse about the Epic store that has, let's faced it, made Gaming side of era really unbearable for months.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I mean, that's what quite a number of people have done in this thread already. I don't even get it, because it says right there in the title to read the goddamn staff post.
Look, I'm not saying there's a correlation between the type of people who would post a "it's just another launcher" take and the type of people who would come into a thread and ignore the big capitalised instructions at the top, but..

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017

On topic though, I'm only kind of a fan of Shenmue, but I still backed it for a Steam copy, so they can kick rocks with this garbage again. Particularly Epic/Tim Sweeney for falsely claiming they wouldn't do it again and Deep Silver for doing it despite the backlash they got for it last time.

Tim will literally say whatever he can to the press to damage control and look for good press even if it's an outright lie. Why anyone believes him at all at this point is beyond me.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Shoot, I no longer use the e-mail I had when I answered the survey, I'll try contracting fangamer. Thank you for the link.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
saying that a lot of the hysteria around the epic store seems a little off base and being met with all this............................. doesn't make me feel wrong. Everyone who wanted a steam key and isn't getting one should get a refund, just feels like a lot of posts in here are just shy of calling for Yu Suzuki to go to The Hague

Yeah of course I have empathy for those people haha. Not giving refunds is absolutely horseshit. I just feel like some of the posts in this thread are a little hysterical. If this was, for instance, a switch from Steam to GoG, I don't think we would have 50 pages of arguing based on the principle of the matter. It's all tied up in this maelstrom of discourse about the Epic store that has, let's faced it, made Gaming side of era really unbearable for months.

There is an ignore thread function.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god so it was a last minute situation just to keep it off steam for a bit? Holy shit that is just as bad...and twice as funny. This is how you kill goodwill in the community dude.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
What's actually unbearable is the fact that people come here posting the same shit whenever a new Epic moneyhat thread pops up: EGS is another launcher, it is free, it can't be compared to consoles, Valve lazy, Valve monopoly and many others.

I'm glad mods are finally taking action against those people. Go and post your lies somewhere else.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

If it moved from steam to GOG for me personally I would be more happy as it's DRM free! I always want the best option for me as a customer if I can.

Epic are a business and they are pushing as hard as they can in a capitalistic system to make a worse experience they can for customers with no signs of stopping.

And doing it with kickstarted games or games almost out just to 'cock block' the biggest store out there is not hurting valve it hurts the PC market.

So it's unbearable for everyone really.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
What's actually unbearable is the fact that people come here posting the same shit whenever a new Epic moneyhat thread pops up: EGS is another launcher, it is free, it can't be compared to consoles, Valve lazy, Valve monopoly and many others.

I'm glad mods are finally taking action against those people. Go and post your lies somewhere else.

I don't get how saying "man this discourse is really toxic but people should really get refunds for this" is somehow worse than "GO POST YOUR LIES SOMEWHERE ELSE" lmao

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get how saying "man this discourse is really toxic but people should really get refunds for this" is somehow worse than "GO POST YOUR LIES SOMEWHERE ELSE" lmao

that's not what you posted. You posted:

They're still giving you the game, on the platform you wanted................ but because it's not the storefront you like you're demanding a refund?

The same old "it's just another launcher" bullshit.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
If it moved from steam to GOG for me personally I would be more happy as it's DRM free! I always want the best option for me as a customer if I can.

Epic are a business and they are pushing as hard as they can in a capitalistic system to make a worse experience they can for customers with no signs of stopping.

And doing it with kickstarted games or games almost out just to 'cock block' the biggest store out there is not hurting valve it hurts the PC market.

So it's unbearable for everyone really.

Yeah I mean, Epic sucks shit, Valve sucks shit, the PC market is in a bad way right now because everything has become an arms race of screwing over the consumer. It really sucks.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine the reaction if something related to the game's optional paid upgrades (like the long-distance phone cards) gets compromised by the implementation through the EGS. God help us, we're in the hands of engineers.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring Staff Post
We saw your post claiming it was another storefront before your edit. So his reply is accurate.

that's not what you posted. You posted:

The same old "it's just another launcher" bullshit.

I mean listen guys....... it's a bad storefront ran by a bad company.

But it is another storefront. That's just sort of a fact? I mean saying it's an evil company that's terrible and the store is terrible and you hate it is fine. But it factually is, another storefront/launcher

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

GoG is bad too.............. all storefronts matter buddy.

(derailing very real complaints with storefront wars is exactly the issue that I have with a lot of PC gaming threads, and sorry if i contributed to it which is exactly why i edited and thought the better of my first post haha)

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But it is another storefront. That's just sort of a fact? I mean saying it's an evil company that's terrible and the store is terrible and you hate it is fine. But it factually is, another storefront/launcher

Maybe if you say it's just another store front harder, it'll change everyone's mind.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

It's amazing how much the word "just" can imply, right? Same with "bad" in "arguing in bad faith".

actually not worth it valve fans are obsessed with getting people banned
or how much a full post of BS can imply

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017

xBmbOcq.gif

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

It is another store but it's lacking almost everything it should have in the year 2019.

And we should all be able to choose how and where we play the games we have, more so for 3rd party games.

I mean even Microsoft is offering games on more than just there own store now... Microsoft!

Valve are not as bad or as anti consumer as epic... They need to do better in other areas though sure.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I generally like GOG, and if they did something like this I guarantee that I would be up in arms about it. Just as much as others are in here. Especially since this goes completely against everything they have claimed to stand for, and have backed up for years.

I am really fucking tired of all the problems being handwaved away as just "steam fans" causing a ruckus.Epic are enforcing walled gardens on a previously open platform. They are poisoning the well of crowdfunding campaigns, damaging people's trust in future projects. Shenmue 3 backers expected something they are not getting and are not getting a refund for it.

There are so many legitimate reasons to be mad that have nothing to do with steam. And yet ignorant people keep flooding these threads with "oh it's just another launcher, why do people care?", "People are just angry steam fanboys", and other stupid shit. Even after having staff in here giving a warning to stop that stupid shit.

Yeah I mean, Epic sucks shit, Valve sucks shit, the PC market is in a bad way right now because everything has become an arms race of screwing over the consumer. It really sucks.

This is both sides nonsense. Epic are doing much, much worse than Valve have ever done. In fact, if you have been paying attention, Valve have basically done absolutely nothing in this "arms race" (???) you are talking about. It's only Epic, and guess who people have the problems with

Great, so you are one of those morons as well.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GoG is bad too.............. all storefronts matter buddy.

(derailing very real complaints with storefront wars is exactly the issue that I have with a lot of PC gaming threads, and sorry if i contributed to it which is exactly why i edited and thought the better of my first post haha)

People's complaints about EGS are real complaints, they're NOT storefront wars. It's only YOU who are engaging in store front wars, because you think it's Just Another Launcher (tm).

Status
Not open for further replies.