• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
so that's how the kenpogi looks like on Ryo, looks so good!
EJQpZADU8AESsBN

I pre ordered from Amazon and i'm supposedly getting a brown kenpogi, backers also getting a code for this I assume?
81HVtkrXeXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Is the email from fangamer? Or Kickstarter?

I'm starting to get nervous here. I SHOULDNT have to buy a retail copy to make sure I have it on release, but no email yet and it's Thursday here in Australia so I wonder why still nothing!

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Is the email from fangamer? Or Kickstarter?

I'm starting to get nervous here. I SHOULDNT have to buy a retail copy to make sure I have it on release, but no email yet and it's Thursday here in Australia so I wonder why still nothing!
Yeah I have an Australian shipping address to and I haven't received any emails RE: shipping yet. Although if I click on the confirm address link from the email a couple weeks ago it says address was locked a few hours ago as address has been delivered to the local fulfilment partner.
Address was locked about 2 hours ago (November 13th, 2019 12:30 MST).

Reason: Address has already been delivered to local fulfillment partner.

I'd be shocked if I receive it even within a few days of launch at this point.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have an Australian shipping address to and I haven't received any emails RE: shipping yet. Although if I click on the confirm address link from the email a couple weeks ago it says address was locked a few hours ago as address has been delivered to the local fulfilment partner.

I'd be shocked if I receive it even within a few days of launch at this point.

I just clicked that email and nothing it still allows me to change if need be. Maybe they do have a warehouse or something in Australia and close by which is why still nothing

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I just clicked that email and nothing it still allows me to change if need be. Maybe they do have a warehouse or something in Australia and close by which is why still nothing
Hopefully you aren't too far off. Just got a notification from the AusPost app that I have an incoming parcel from Fangamer. Just says shipping info received so far but it is something!

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Any Australian KS backers received a shipping confirmation yet? *edit* Just saw the replies -- seems like they're starting, but not for me yet.

Also, why are people acting like half the world has early access to this game? I've seen one photo of a person in Finland with a copy, and the other photo I've seen was from a dude who works at Limited Run e.g. not a leak at all. I'm sure there's more than one person, but it doesn't seem like the floodgates have opened or anything.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
OK, just checked and I finally have the "Shipments" page in my Fangamer account saying it's with a local fulfillment partner, and my address was locked in 15 hours ago. Phew.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I think this has been covered before, but will PC backers get their physical copy of the game later? My computer does not even have anything to play the disc included in the PC edition so I would not be able to use it, but I would still like to hold it in my hands around launch.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
No dispatch email for me (UK here).

I have kind of been content to just back, and let them get on with it, so haven't been following things as closely as I could/should have, so a Q: has there been any communication on when we could expect backer rewards? I know they won't be coming with the games, but has a timeframe ever been communicated?

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I think this has been covered before, but will PC backers get their physical copy of the game later? My computer does not even have anything to play the disc included in the PC edition so I would not be able to use it, but I would still like to hold it in my hands around launch.
You are entitled to hold a $60 Epic installer.
The PC Physical version will contain the Epic Games Store installer and not the actual game data.

You are entitled to a bait (Steam key) and switch (Epic key) play too.
An option to receive a Steam key one year later is available. We are not commited concerning the availability of the Steam keys.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Took my first spin with Shenmue III trial version just now and have a question; Anyone knows what difficulty level that is represented in the trial? Initial impression of the fighting system is not great, which is why I am curious. Will do another attempt now.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I still can't believe we're getting this game. Does anyone have an idea how the save system will work? If I'm limited to saving at nights in-game, welp, there goes any chance of getting this game finished on a weeknight.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Took my first spin with Shenmue III trial version just now and have a question; Anyone knows what difficulty level that is represented in the trial? Initial impression of the fighting system is not great, which is why I am curious. Will do another attempt now.
The fighting system is much snappier in the final version compared to the trial.

OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
They sent the shipping email way too early! It'll be a week tomorrow for me and it's still at "Label Created, not yet in system". One day I'll refresh the page and it'll show something else, and that day will be glorious...

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I had done a great job suppressing Shenmue 3 from my thoughts, I wasn't missing it, I wasn't excited, life was just continuing on like it had for the last 18 years.

But the last couple of days, especially with the release of the trailer, something deep down in me has stirred and it's getting hard to suppress. I think I walled Shenmue off out of a sense of self preservation, I only finished Shenmue 2 once and never played it again- it just hurt too much to "know" that we were never going to get a follow up. Now it almost feels like I need to tear that wall down brick by brick and embrace the fact that in just a couple of days the impossible is going to happen. This realization has also caused me to do some reflection on how much has changed since I was 16. In a lot of ways it has made me really feel the how much time has passed by. College, jobs, relationships, moves, a lot has happened in 18 years, so it almost feels like I'm stepping back in time to pick up something that I left unfinished almost two decades ago. It also feels a bit strange that with the release of Shenmue 3, one of the ways in which I identified my relationship with gaming is changing. It feels like the underdog that actually wins and gets the upset victory- you're no longer the underdog so you can't really identify with yourself like that.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy Friday here in Australia and still nothing as of yet!

EDIT: scrap that when I go to the fangamer page it now tells me a local fulfilment partner will be sending the package and to look for a text:email from them! Wonder when they will actually ship it though

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I still can't believe we're getting this game. Does anyone have an idea how the save system will work? If I'm limited to saving at nights in-game, welp, there goes any chance of getting this game finished on a weeknight.
Largely works how it does in Shenmue II.

Save anywhere (bar maybe one or two instances), plus saving before bed at night. I believe there's also an auto-save function this time around too.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Largely works how it does in Shenmue II.

Save anywhere (bar maybe one or two instances), plus saving before bed at night. I believe there's also an auto-save function this time around too.
I hope you can still save scum at gambling, collecting the money in Kowloon was kind of fun and mischievous that way, otherwise it would have been a chore.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Wait... what?! Dude, you can't just drop that info so casually. What are your (spoiler-free) impressions?!

Just started, I'm couple of hours in. I want to gather my thoughts and will probably post some spoiler free impressions later this evening. I think Shenmue fans wanting a continuation from first two games will be very happy. Just trying to soak it all in.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you can still save scum at gambling, collecting the money in Kowloon was kind of fun and mischievous that way, otherwise it would have been a chore.
Yup. Doing $500 bets to net tons of cash is great, then blowing it all on move scrolls, capsule toys and Lucky Hit! Without save scumming that would be too risky (also floor 10 of Ghost Hall Building would suck!)

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
USPS invented teleporter confirmed and I have exclusive rights to use it.

fangamers are confident with USPS shipping speed that they hold the game 7 days (and counting) from shipping.

Still seeing the dreaded, Label Created, not yet in system

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Copy and paste from the email i just got.
-----------------------
Hello Everyone,

Reward delivery information is in, so please read on for details.

Game Fulfillment

PS4 (Physical / Digital) and Epic Games Store (Digital) games are scheduled for delivery on November 19th, however, there may be slight delays in certain cases.*

*Slight delays may occur depending on the following reasons: post office mail volume during the pre-holiday season; PS4 cross-region selections (PS4 backers who selected a region other than where they live); or areas that are experiencing uncertain or difficult delivery conditions.

PC Physical Packages & Disks

Due to production circumstances, PC physical packages and disks will not be delivered by November 19th. Epic Games Store product codes, including for PC physical backers, will be delivered through your survey from Fangamer, so PC physical backers will be able to play at release.

We apologize for this delay and will post and update once physical packages and disks are ready to ship.

PS4 Physical - Asia Region

Also due to production circumstances, Asian region PS4 physical copies will not be delivered by November 19th. We do not have an exact date for delivery of the Asian region PS4 physical copies, so we are providing digital download codes for applicable backers through the survey on the day of release. Physical disks will be shipped as soon as production is complete.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, but hope you will enjoy the digital version during the wait. An announcement will be made once physical disks are ready to ship.

Physical Rewards

As previously announced, physical reward production and shipping preparations are underway, however, some rewards will be shipped after the game release date.

Rewards to Ship at Game Release

The following rewards are scheduled for shipping arrival on, or soon after, November 19th.

*Please note that the game will be shipped separately from other physical rewards.

Illustration

Yu Suzuki Signed Illustration

Laser Engraved Crystal

Temple of the Blooming Flower Calligraphy

Vintage Grab Bag - Project Berkley

Vintage Grab Bag - Dragon's Don't Sleep

Vintage Grab Bag - Keep Those You Love

Rewards to Ship Post-Release

These rewards will ship after the game release date. All are in different stages of shipping prep and production, so we will have shipping updates for each when ready.

Physical CD Soundtrack

Physical Artbook

Shenmue III Official T-Shirt

Capsule Toys

Ryo's Jacket - Original

Ryo's Jacket - Replica

Ryo's Watch

Shenmue Script Set

Ryo Collectible Figure

Concept Character Bust

Digital Rewards

All digital rewards (including game codes) are scheduled for delivery on November 19th. Digital rewards will be claimed through the "Downloads and Download Codes" section of your survey provided by Fangamer. Fangamer will resend your survey access email for the release.

Official Website Name Credit

We are in the process of updating the official Shenmue III website with backer names based on recent survey responses. The backer credit page is scheduled to go up after the release date. An announcement will be posted here in the updates once the site is ready.

*Depending on refund and posting timing, some names of refunded backers may be listed.

In-Game Rewards

All in-game rewards are scheduled for delivery on November 19th. The in-game reward code will also be claimed through the "Downloads and Download Codes" section of your survey provided by Fangamer.

In-Game Reward Activation

Two codes are necessary to activate your in-game rewards. The first is the platform-side game code—either your PS4 voucher code or your Epic Games Store product code. The second code is your "Backer Code", which will be entered in the game. Codes are linked and both must be activated in order to unlock your in-game reward or reward pack.

Please follow the updates in the days ahead for more Shenmue III info. Thank you always for your continued support!

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Got that email too just now. So no PC physical for me until whenever. I guess at least we're still getting a download code next week.

OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Guess our chances of playing before the 19th are pretty slim...
Edit : Updated OP with the info from the Kickstarter update.

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
PC physical copy delay is kind of bizarre, can't be that difficult to print a disc with a epic launcher on and a code inside the box. Makes you wonder if people will end up getting two copies cos of that or if the code in the box will now be omitted too lol...

Hoping my PS4 copy arrives a day early at least, would be a nice birthday present.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
USPS invented teleporter confirmed and I have exclusive rights to use it.

fangamers are confident with USPS shipping speed that they hold the game 7 days (and counting) from shipping.

Still seeing the dreaded, Label Created, not yet in system
Fangamer doesn't control when the game ships. Deep Silver/YS Net is holding them back for... reasons. It's very, very stupid.