• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Australia
How ironic...

Death Stranding has been labeled a boring let down and is highly divisive while Kojima gets trashed on for thinking he's above everyone else.

Pokemon Sword and Shield both look like a technical mess (with a limitless budget too) and has most fans pissed off/disappointed with all the cut features.

And yet here we have Shenmue III on a small budget looking fantastic with most of the fans extremely excited and happy. Who would have thought?

Shenmue III fu**ing won.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe it finally arrives! Got the PC version via Kickstarter. Any news though if this will drop on Xbox sometime down the road? They released the remaster on it after all and I would prefer to play it on the big screen.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding is a boring let down? I've been playing it all weekend, its fantastic. I've seen plenty with the same opinion. Opinions and all that ;) I mean, its not the greatest game ever but its a refreshing change compared to other AAA games I've played. Ironically it reminds me of Shenmue in a few ways, what with the unique atmosphere and focus on exploration.

As for Pokemon... I find it strange that some long standing mechanics are cut. I'm interested to see how that one fairs critically, though I won't be getting it myself as I just don't personally enjoy Pokemon enough to get it day one (I still have Fire Red's post game stuff left to finish and Gold to start).

Can't believe it finally arrives! Got the PC version via Kickstarter. Any news though if this will drop on Xbox sometime down the road? They released the remaster on it after all and I would prefer to play it on the big screen.
Nothing yet, though since they were focusing on PC/PS4 as that was what was Kickstarted that's the only ones they've talked about. Who knows, might happen down the road.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding is a boring let down? I've been playing it all weekend, its fantastic. I've seen plenty with the same opinion. Opinions and all that ;) I mean, its not the greatest game ever but its a refreshing change compared to other AAA games I've played. Ironically it reminds me of Shenmue in a few ways, what with the unique atmosphere and focus on exploration.

As for Pokemon... I find it strange that some long standing mechanics are cut. I'm interested to see how that one fairs critically, though I won't be getting it myself as I just don't personally enjoy Pokemon enough to get it day one (I still have Fire Red's post game stuff left to finish and Gold to start).

Nothing yet, though since they were focusing on PC/PS4 as that was what was Kickstarted that's the only ones they've talked about. Who knows, might happen down the road.

Tbh only people that didnt bought it have said it's a bad or dull or boring or walking sim game, so far i've seen.
It's amazing and i'm so happy playing it.
I'm also ecstatic about Shenmue's 3 release, Happy for both games!

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How ironic...

Death Stranding has been labeled a boring let down and is highly divisive while Kojima gets trashed on for thinking he's above everyone else.

Pokemon Sword and Shield both look like a technical mess (with a limitless budget too) and has most fans pissed off/disappointed with all the cut features.

And yet here we have Shenmue III on a small budget looking fantastic with most of the fans extremely excited and happy. Who would have thought?

Shenmue III fu**ing won.

But DS is a fun game. '-'

Also smh at your avatar, you should have known AI: The Somnium Files really won if we're gonna be like that.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Also smh at your avatar, you should have known AI: The Somnium Files really won if we're gonna be like that.

Oh, I know AI: The Somnium Files won.
E8iYyX1.jpg

It's an incredible game and my current GOTY until Shenmue III.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
How ironic...

Shenmue III fu**ing won.
Death Stranding is fine. It's also my first Kojima game, if I'm not mistaken.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Your order for Shenmue 3 was processed today but will not be shipping until 13th November as requested by the publisher.
hhnnng so close and yet so far away!
"We want to make absolutely sure your order is late."

Seriously, though. They are cutting this damn close. And if they use Fangamer's free shipping option, it will take 9-11 days to arrive after shipping. Which would mean they've waited too long to start shipping, and physical backers won't be playing on release day.

• Standard is an inexpensive, moderately fast option for any order. These packages usually arrive in 2 - 6 days. (Book orders may take a couple of additional extra days to arrive.) Standard may ship via USPS or UPS Ground depending on your location, though if you have a preference, please state this in your comments to the mailroom or send an email to [email protected].
  • In some rare instances, Free Shipping, usually labeled as Standard with zero cost, may take additional 3 - 5 days to arrive.

Oh, hey. Just clicked the link in my address confirmation survey e-mail, and it claims my order has "already shipped." No tracking information, though, which is never a good thing. Hmm...

Last edited:

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I haven't played Death Stranding but it must be better than Shenmue 2's book carrying minigame at the very least

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
"We want to make absolutely sure your order is late."

Seriously, though. They are cutting this damn close. And if they use Fangamer's free shipping option, it will take 9-11 days to arrive after shipping. Which would mean they've waited too long to start shipping, and physical backers won't be playing on release day.

haha,.. yeah :/
My game will be shipped from the UK (to Germany) via Royal Mail, so it might arrive just in time for me.
Had a few orders from the UK in the past months where shipping took much longer than the average 2-5 days tho,
so I prefer to remain cautiously optimistic to get it "sometime" next week..

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe we're a week away from watching Lan Di fly away to India on a hot air balloon. Very much looking forward to the back half of Shenmue III being entirely about filling in an Indian tourist visa application.

Waiting on EU shipping, but considering I'm in Ireland, I'm not too worried about getting it late.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Death Stranding but it must be better than Shenmue 2's book carrying minigame at the very least

The first episode requires you to carry a tall item that will cause you to fall if you move too fast. The MC, Sam is a brawler but the item is as heavy as a person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
A quick update since my original post: I am still at ''Label Created, not yet in system''. I really thought it would have been dispatched by now, but it seems we're all in the same boat. The thread is fun at least, and there's surprisingly few negativity so far (hope I won't jinx it).

I reloaded my last save from Shenmue II yersterday to replay through the ending so I can enter III fresh. I wonder how that game will actually start. We'll see soon enough!

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I know they said it's coming but I hope we hear about the digital codes asap. Hopefully we can preload them.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting 16 years for this and now we are down to a week before it's release. I still can't believe it.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just say my Backer Number again:

Backer number: #416 out of 69,320.

Didn't know I was that quick to back!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Still at Label Created. I have a feeling I'll get my copy after release date due to customs/shenanigans (always happens to my stuff from other countries).

Ah well, I waited four years, what's a few more weeks.

Oct 30, 2017

PNL repping Yu Suzuki & Shenmue III seems to have caused the game to at least to enter the Top 100 on Amazon France. Are there other popular French retailers out there that I might be missing?

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
got the shipping email from Limited Run. Shipped Via UPS Expedited Mail

still waiting on the KS

Deleted member 61326

Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Played Shenmue I for the first time (HD remake) last year, but it was a little too much to play II immediately after so I dropped it. I'm hoping I can enjoy III regardless.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How ironic...

Shenmue III fu**ing won.
To be fair, Shenmue 3 has the whole switcheroo from Steam to Epic debacle that is causing fans who waited for so long to wait another year to play it.

Luigi's Mansion 3 will have less controversies and a higher Meta Critic score of the bunch.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Just received a shipment notification for my Limited Runs order. Still need to finish Shenmue 2. As much as I loved the first game I always bounced off of the sequel. I imported the Dreamcast version back in the day and got about halfway through before falling off and had a similar scenario with the Xbox version. The PC version of Shenmue 2 with mods has been a solid experience so far but still having a hard time 100% clicking with Shenmue 2. Still very excited for Shenmue 3 either way.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Had an email saying they are getting ready to ship them out but not had an email saying mine has shipped yet. I've waited this long though, so a few more days / weeks won't kill me now. Really looking forward to playing this.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Are Limited Run orders different or something?

I backed the $80 PS4 tier in the first week. They emailed me below weeks ago and I already confirmed my address. I've never heard of Fangamer but I guess they're fulfilling the awards for some?

screenshot_2019-11-129tk8v.png

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Are Limited Run orders different or something?

I backed the $80 PS4 tier in the first week. They emailed me below weeks ago and I already confirmed my address. I've never heard of Fangamer but I guess they're fulfilling the awards for some?

screenshot_2019-11-129tk8v.png

So Fangamer is fufilling Kickstarter backers and separately Limited Runs does Limited Editions for various games and they did one for Shenmue 3 which seems to be shipping the same time as the Kickstarter shipments.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How ironic...

Shenmue III fu**ing won.

Yu Suzuki is the man and if anyone can pull it off, it's him and whatever team he assembles.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The monkey's paw wish for Shenmue III existing at the cost of the political environment in the U.S. was not worth it. The
old Romany woman was right.

Last edited:

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I expect divisive reviews bc it's not for everybody and it doesn't have AAA graphics. Kate from usgamer already said she hates the series (then later deleted her comment) and she's the one reviewing the game so expect a 4 from her. Whatever I already know I'm going to love it based off the demo.

Oct 30, 2017
I think it'll get it's share of poor reviews, but an equal share of fair reviews by writers who are very aware of the game's long history and the series' importance. If Yu Suzuki truly made a game that is completely true to the essence of Shenmue, then he succeeded. The demo seems to have picked up nearly universal acclaim from fans.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Previews were pretty good for the most part. Even the more middling ones admitted there's a distinct charm and appeal to this type of game.

Generally, as long as you "get" it, you'll probably like it too.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
so from the shenmue dojo forum looks like pre-order sales of the game is goona be good and a 4th game maybe greenlit

Amazon UK Holding at #3
GAME UK at #26 ( I don't think it's updated for days)
Simply Games UK #5 across all formats (collectors edition)

Best Buy USA #6 (amazing result as was #22 a few days ago! Looks like not everyone is now waiting for the BF discount)
Amazon USA Holding at #25 includes already available games, systems and accesories.

Amazon JPN up to #13 includes already available games.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I just got my tracking number for my Limited Run Collector's Edition. Can't believe this is almost here.

Playing through 1 and 2 again on the Dreamcast first though before I start it.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I expect divisive reviews bc it's not for everybody and it doesn't have AAA graphics. Kate from usgamer already said she hates the series (then later deleted her comment) and she's the one reviewing the game so expect a 4 from her. Whatever I already know I'm going to love it based off the demo.
I think the thing to keep in mind is to be calm once the reviews come in and not bash those who don't enjoy it.

Still haven't received my email from Fangamer yet, but no biggie.