• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Too early. Just announced. We'll have to see how quickly they try to respond to it.

just announced but the deal probably wasn't signed over night. if they haven't planned for a way to get refunds before the announcement it's either due to malice or complete incompetence.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Does it state for what resolution and framerate?

No, here is the full screenshot

unknown.png

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
As someone who isn't a PC Gamer at all, can someone explain to me why it matters where the game is listed? Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm not familiar at all with the PC gaming landscape.

May 18, 2018
Exactly, EGS crap benefits no one other than the publisher who gets to pocket the extra money and doesn't have to give any of it to the actual developer.
This is what's funny to me. Publishers out here tying bonuses to Metacritic scores but now we're supposed to believe they will be giving the devs all this extra money.

I do wonder how this will affect (effect? I hate English smh) future KS projects. That's probably for another thread though

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I know this announcement will make a lot of people unhappy, but ultimately I think this is best for the future of the series. I've been quietly wishing for this to happen for a few months now. My reasoning being that Shenmue 3 is going to get a lot more marketing exposure through EGS than it would have through Steam. The Shenmue 1 & 2 release got no traction on Steam, whereas EGS already has S3 at the top of their upcoming games front page. Shenmue 3 needs this type of exposure to make any sort of sales dent in November with all those heavy hitters surrounding it.

I do feel for anyone that was wanting to play this through Steam. I hope backers will still have the option to request a Steam key, similar to how Metro Exodus pre-orders were honored for Steam purchasers.
Hasn't there only been like one confirmed case of a game not bombing on EGS so far? I remember reading one hit 500k copies. All of the rest they refuse to give any sales numbers on. I don't think games are doing that well on EGS right now

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
just announced but the deal probably wasn't signed over night. if they haven't planned for a way to get refunds before the announcement it's either due to malice or complete incompetence.

Yea, hard to tell but considering the Steam store page is still up, there was def some oversight.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that's brutal. PS4 for me it is then

It's hard to fault devs for running to the money -- they do need to help out backers somehow though.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
Even If I wanted to play it on EGS I can't. I keep getting error code 2503 and 2502 when trying to install EGS.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
And even the physical copy of the game will just be a code for the Epic Games Store. :D It's beyond a parody.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Why though? And I don't mean that just as a EGS question, but anyone really? I personally don't get this mentality of only one store/platform. I support all of them, I buy from GOG, ubistore, Origin, Microsoft's store, they all work fine and let me play my games just fine

Each storefront has its goods and bads. EGS gives me nothing that Steam does. The kickstarter when I backed it was for Steam as an option. If it was EGS and Steam kickstarters I would have kept it but it is not so I am demanding a refund.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Why though? And I don't mean that just as a EGS question, but anyone really? I personally don't get this mentality of only one store/platform. I support all of them, I buy from GOG, ubistore, Origin, Microsoft's store, they all work fine and let me play my games just fine
Who says there's anything wrong with multiple store. Epic is forcing a one store monopoly by buying all the merch and making it exclusive. It's the opposite of what you're saying, and I don't get this mentality either that we bait and switch is perfectly reasonable, especially for product you've already preordered. I support all stores expect when they pull shenanigans like this.

Now how the fuck do you even request refunds for something you bought 3 years ago? :/

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Posting a conspiratorial meme
As someone who isn't a PC Gamer at all, can someone explain to me why it matters where the game is listed? Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm not familiar at all with the PC gaming landscape.
People were promised Steam keys and are annoyed that they aren't getting them because EGS is a functionally worse platform.

Mod Edit: Image containing conspiratorial rhetoric removed.

It's slightly out of date now, but still, a lot are still very true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a Mighty No. 9 level mistake right there. Like did they not realize people gave them money to fund the game to play on Steam?

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet another example of why people need to stop treating Kickstarter as a store. You aren't buying anything. You aren't entitled to anything.

I think this thinking is incorrect and would love to see it challenged in court. The only reason KS is like this is because KS is very hands-off.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Some people have a hatred for the Epic Games Store because it isn't as fully featured as Steam and doesn't offer as good deals for people in other countries. And don't like the inconvenience of having to use different game launchers for different games.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the promise legally binding? I'm sure people should be allowed to legally back because of this.
Nothing on Kickstarter is legally binding. Your essentially donating money your not an investor with a stake in the project. And besides as long as they provide a digital copy like they promised to backers they are still fulfilling their end of the bargain.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
You know, I am also done with Deep Silver. I will play a game of theirs I'd it shows up on GamePass or PS+ bit otherwise, it's going to be a no go.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't there only been like one confirmed case of a game not bombing on EGS so far? I remember reading one hit 500k copies. All of the rest they refuse to give any sales numbers on. I don't think games are doing that well on EGS right now

Do we have any hard confirmation of any EGS bombs? Deep Silver isn't saying anything concrete about Metro Exodus for PC, other than it 'met expectations'. Apparantly it met expectations high enough for them to do this deal again.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Can mods start giving week bans to people who comment in Epic threads without reading the Epic threads?

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another example of why people need to stop treating Kickstarter as a store. You aren't buying anything. You aren't entitled to anything.
Backers literally put money forward and now they're not "entitled to anything".
Hellworld indeed.

Sent an e-mail to those pricks as well.

Thus far.
Kickstarter Comments.
Kickstarter Pledge message
Mail @ fangamer
Mail @ the picture above
Tweet @ Shenmue Twitter

I want my fucking money back.
Apparently you're not entitled to your money /s

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's time for Steam to stop allowing games to use their store front for pre-orders/publicity only to pull out before release with no consequences!
From here on out I think game announced for PC should just have the PC logo, don't promise steam keys, but the generic [PC] logo keys. and if pre-orders are involved use some other pay the developers directly from their site and get your key to whatever available store when it's ready to preload. Pre-ordering digital stuff is silly outside of wanting it preloaded to me. People should just wait a bit longer to buy games, not something like Cyberpunk which is barely under a year away. Hopefully this will be an eye opening experience.

DYZddqM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.