• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
yes somehow the only marketing that matters is the initial PR, literally nothing else that has been directly connected to Steam matters.

You want to keep playing your stupid semantic games?

Oh, come on! The Kickstarter campaign it's, literally, when all the backers actually made the decision to purchase the game (and paid the money)

If Steam wasn't promised then, and you bought the game anyway, you are not entitled now to get in on Steam. Despite the publisher mentioned it afterwards.

It's not semantics nor "initial marketing". It's basic trade concepts...

PD: And please, I think you are being really rude calling my posts "stupid"

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
"Outside of the reason people are upset at this, why are people upset at this?"

But can't you just download the epic launcher and get the game? I don't get it. Your'e not forced to buy a new console or pay a monthly fee to access the store. Sure, having multiple launchers sucks but is it enough to be angry about?

Oct 25, 2017
Ok sure its not perfect, but how was steam when it launched?
Come on man..

But can't you just download the epic launcher and get the game? I don't get it. Your'e not forced to buy a new console or pay a monthly fee to access the store. Sure, having multiple launchers sucks but is it enough to be angry about?
Are we really going back to the "it's just another store" defence? Surely you can see the problem with Epic's practises lately.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, Deep Silver is one of the most tone-deaf publishers out there. With the blowback developers and publishers have been getting for making their games exclusive to the EGS, you'd think they'd take a page from Bethesda's book ("LOOK! WE'RE LAUNCHING RAGE 2 ON STEAM!") or at least just stay away until things cool down.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe the most exciting console war is on PC, what is even happening.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Well .. I can see a huge uptick in people changing their kickstarters to the PS4 version now ..

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol. Watch half the backing they achieved fizzle away as everyone who Kickstarted a steam version demands a refund 😂

I backed the PS4 version, but honestly, the Devs/Publisher deserve everything they get with this bullshit move so close to release.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, come on! The Kickstarter campaign it's, literally, when all the backers actually made the decision to purchase the game (and paid the money)

If Steam wasn't promised then, and you bought the game anyway, you are not entitled now to get in on Steam. Despite the publisher mentioned it afterwards.

Amazing how you haven't even address all the pictures that reference Steam. Funny how you just stick to just that initial press release.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it's an awful practice. Let people play 3rd party games where they want to.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

I mean, the campaign didn't end until September 2018 when they were still accepting backers.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first use of "EGS is a more enjoyable experience" as an excuse? Fucking shameless.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Went away for a snack during the stream and came back to half of my personal Discord going into meltdown because they pledged for a Steam key.

I, personally, am glad I dodged a bullet by not backing it, but I feel this is gonna hurt smaller devs who crowd-source since this is the... second time this has happened? I see crowd-source platforms developing a lot of distrust now.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Ugh, I said this was a high probability after Metro

It being made on Unreal probably helped seal the deal too

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The best experience and they chose the Epic Store??? Yeah how about you just be transparent and say you accepted the massive ton of cash.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
What is a "Physical Steam Disc"? It doesn't even sound like something that exists.

Are publishers scared to not be a part of this EGS trend or something? Like if they don't jump on this they'll miss out on their game doing well or something. What's wrong with Steam? It's so weird.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dev did a really good job here of destroying any goodwill around the game for PC gamers. And lmao, you can play Shenmue I&II on Steam, but not III? What an utter shitshow.

This is on Deep Silver as much as it is on Epic, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.
Epic sure is motivated.

tenor.gif
Lol

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When it was announced and financed "years ago" (during the month of the Kickstarter campaign), it wasn't announced for Steam. Only "PC Version".

You can repeat a lie as many times as you want...but it won't become the truth.

Except they already sent out surveys with Steam keys as the option for PC.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Talk about throwing out all that good faith! So glad I never backed this stuff. This just further makes me not want to put any money into crowd-funded game.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
This is an awful behaviour especially because this project was possible thanks to the backers.

They funded the project because they wanted a sequel to Shenmue 2 available on Steam. Terrible stuff from D Silver and Epic. Awful.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully Ysnet will hold up their end of the bargain and at least give backers the Steam key they were promised.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I very, very much get the frustration of any Kickstarter that promises one format, but delivers another when there's not a super practical reason for it (like the Vita/Wii U dying, etc).

That being said, a substantial influx of capital is a super practical consideration for a project of this scale that's trying to get as close to big-budget as possible. On principle I get the annoyance, but on the other, is having it on Steam so important that it justifies having a lower budget?

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The hate for EGS is almost unbearable.

I'm hoping it's a time exclusive there.

I'm glad I picked PS4 when I ordered it

3rdman

May 25, 2018
When it was announced and financed "years ago" (during the month of the Kickstarter campaign), it wasn't announced for Steam. Only "PC Version".

You can repeat a lie as many times as you want...but it won't become the truth.
My confirmation CLEARLY states...
"Which Kickstarter version of Shenmue III would you like"
Physical STEAM disc (Kickstarter Exclusive Case)

If its a timed exclusive for EGS, then fine...I can live with it. But if its there for good, I will cancel on principal against bait and switch tactics. I just got the email about EGS as well...nothing regarding Steam...kinda pissed right now...

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
What is a "Physical Steam Disc"? It doesn't even sound like something that exists.

Are publishers scared to not be a part of this EGS trend or something? Like if they don't jump on this they'll miss out on their game doing well or something. What's wrong with Steam? It's so weird.

A disc that includes the steaminstaller.exe, some gamefiles and an activation key

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonig to get this from steam but will wait for it on Xbox PC game pass. I hope you all get your refunds if you want them.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Just changed from PC to PS4. Thanks Deep Silver

Same. Wasn't sure I'd be able to as long ago as the survey went out. Originally went with Steam as protest for no Xbox version, but this PC platform bait-and-switch bothers me a lot more and I'm good with switching to PS4 in protest of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.