• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I am still baffled that people at Epic or Publishers/Development Studios that is a good idea to make kickstarted games EGS exclusive. I guess "Let the devil take the hindmost" in regards to crowdfunding

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
I clicked the View pledge link at the top of the KS Shenmue 3 page and then switched over to the Messages tab to drop a message to support, which I had used to ask some questions previously. No idea if it'll lead anywhere but I'm going to exercise whatever options I can find.

Thanks. Will try that.

Also wrote a comment on the KS page itself.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda ironic that the concept of Kickstarter and Crowdfunded games died in an EGS show

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
When it was announced and financed "years ago" (during the month of the Kickstarter campaign), it wasn't announced for Steam. Only "PC Version".

You can repeat a lie as many times as you want...but it won't become the truth.
FMClOwm.png

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Going by Metro Exodus, I get the feeling this was more of a Deep Silver thing than a Ys Net thing.

100%. In fact, there's about zero doubt in my mind about this. As someone who generally isn't bothered by Epic locking down exclusives there is something about them locking down Kickstarted games that does feel decidedly shitty to me. I would like to think that this won't affect backers since Deep Silver wasn't at all involved with the Kickstarter but who knows.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Kickstarting games is OK, but kickstarting games like "Megaman but without the branding" or "Castlevania without the branding" or "A new fucking Shenmue game Sony is already promising $$ toward" is probably not a great idea because they don't need the money as much and these are people connected in the industry enough that they've surely got access to funding sources not available to the bedroom coders and small, less-established teams

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
User banned (3 days): Trolling.
Lol! Here for the meltdowns <popcorn.gif>

Come on guys, it's fuckin Shenmue. Just bite the bullet and get it on EGS.

/s...?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If this game bombs, good laughs are coming from me.

If you treat your consumers and supporters like shit you deserve to fail, the game also looks like ass.
If Shenmue 3 bombs it's probably going to be due to it being a Shenmue game and have nothing to do with what store fronts its available on.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When did they ever say that the game was coming to Steam?

I don't see anything about Steam on their Kickstarter page.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to change my digital from Epic fail store to PS4? I don't want a dime of my money going to help them.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

YOu mean like that 'perferred plateform email they gave out to all backers to determine which version they get when the game is finished" That specifcally names Steam as one of the options?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
throwing the backers under the bus is incredibly assholish. wtf. hopefully everyone is able to get refunds.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the risk when you're backing a game that still have to be done. The market evolves, and everything can change. If you feel really angry about this, maybe it's time to wait before spending money.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Damn everyone politely asking for a refund on the kickstarter page LOL.

What a mess. Shame on the creators.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I'm pretty grumpy.

I've long been averse to Kickstarter in general because I figure that it's already ridiculous to pre-order most games in general these days. Broken games and day-1 patches are so absurd that you're almost always rolling the dice, and with Kickstarter you're basically pre-ordering something that doesn't even exist yet, so it's even more ridiculous.

I dropped a good chunk of money on this anyway because Shenmue is that big of a deal for me.

I don't appreciate being fucked with. Lesson learned I guess.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
From the 'updates' section on the kickstarter back on June 3rd:

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I backed the PS4 version but have requested a refund anyway. I will not willingly condone Epic's actions, especially for crowdfunded games.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling
Maybe learn to read. I told you.

No achievments.
No family sharing (so my wife or sister cant play it).
No cloud save.
No universal refund service.
No overlay for your music, community guides etc.
No Linux (Proton) Support.

And many more.
Ok sure its not perfect, but how was steam when it launched?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Shenmue III on Steam

Shenmue III sees the eagerly anticipated continuation of the epic story-driven saga. Take control of Ryo Hazuki, a teenage martial artist, determined to unravel the mystery behind his father's murder and to exact revenge on the killer.

lOqBjsu.png

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I am totally okay with kickstarts failing to deliver a good game. But this is different. Not okay.
Glad I didn't back this.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
As a backer, but getting the PS4 version, fucking yikes. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Working so I can't watch the new trailer, but yiiiiiiikes.

VatticWave

Mar 2, 2018
The game wasn't looking so good, tbh. Maybe, just "maybe" they now have funds to make it a lot better (they use Unreal Engine, so I can see a reason there for choosing EGS).

Status
Not open for further replies.