• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Hello Everyone,

Today, Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver would like to give a message concerning the release date.

Shenmue III will now release on 19th November 2019.

[before] August 27, 2019

[new] November 19, 2019

Whilst almost ready, the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished.

We feel that the extra time we have will help us deliver the true Shenmue experience players around the world deserve!

We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
That's not a good date I feel even 2 weeks after Death Stranding is a bad place to release your game. Better then doing it in October which would again overshadow by CoD:MW releasing then.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the email.

Hello Everyone,

Today, Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver would like to give a message concerning the release date.

Shenmue III will now release on 19th November 2019.

[before] August 27, 2019

[new] November 19, 2019

Whilst almost ready, the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished.

We feel that the extra time we have will help us deliver the true Shenmue experience players around the world deserve!

We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I expected any delay to be way longer, this basically suggests it's in the final stages, which is great. If they were gonna delay it again they wouldn't be so precise with the date.

Hopefully those extra few months of polish make it fantastic.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Not a good date for this game. It's going to get buried among all the big holiday releases. August was the perfect date for this game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh well, at this rate I guess I'll still have a Shenmue game to play in December. Good news for Control I guess, now I have no Shenmue to play, I'll be looking to pick that up again.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Didn't even realise it was out in August. I feel like this game will disappoint no matter when it releases, so they may as well polish it as much as they can.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
After all these years, what's another two and a half months? Take all the time they need. Plus, gaming in the fall is way better than gaming in the ass-end of summer.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
November doesn't seem like a good month for this game at all.

They should delay it to January 2020 imo.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
November for a game like this seems like sending it to die. Maybe should've pushed it to Feb.

Oct 25, 2017
No one who's interested in shenmue is going to be put off because it's releasing in November. A game like this you release when it's finished, not because you're afraid it'll be overshadowed by other games

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Deep Silver giving it more time is a good sign it's in the right hands. They shouldn't rush it to meet the proposed deadline, like Sega did with the remaster.

Holy shit though. Death Stranding on November 8th and Shenmue III one and a half weeks later. What a month.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodstained got delayed two years, 4 months is nothing for a Kickstarter game. And now people can play Shenmue 1&2 Remastered over the summer to prepare.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, we've waited this long - I'm okay with waiting a bit longer. Best of luck to the dev teams involved.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's going to be in a tight spot in November vying for people's time between Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order and other things. August seemed like a good space for it.

That said, I've waited this long already. They can take all the time they need.

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is dead in November. Of course I'll play it over everything else, but I can't say others will.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I want the game to be as good as possible but this is the worst possible time for me... I'm moving to Japan in November and my $500 tier is being shipped to the UK...