• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would need to upgrade my computer to play this t high settings but I could be wrong.

I am getting the PS4 version so I'll be fne

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
These are some goofy system requirements. The recommended specs are comparable to Metro Exodus' lol, and hell, Exodus only recommends 8 GB of RAM and an i7 4770k. And 100 GB of space too? Woof.

I mean maybe this stuff is needed for the NPCs to live their lives or whatever, but at face value it seems kind of demanding for a game of this stature.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
Kinda confused why this is being bought up now? We have had the minimum PC Spec since June 28th 2018 and people commented on the 100GB disc space back then lol. They were originally sent out in Kickstarter update #84, and have been on every single update email since then.
The recommended Specs were added in update #102 when they revised them to include the "Requires Epic Game Store to Activate".

In regards to the 100GB, I believe that the PS4 PSN version requires a 26GB download, so unless PC is getting a HD Texture pack, or something similar then I'd guess it's just not upto date and is placeholder still.

Yeah, I think a mod should close this thread. These aren't really "new news", and haven't "been released" recently as OP is stating in the title.

And, of course, they are clearly placeholder requirements. In the latest (and infamous) Kickstarter message there's a disclaimer that says it explicitly:

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, I think a mod should close this thread. These aren't really "new news", and haven't "been released" recently as OP is stating in the title.

And, of course, they are clearly placeholder requirements. In the latest (and infamous) Kickstarter message there's a disclaimer that says it clearly:
lol couldn't agree more. Seems like people just want to shit on Shenmue 3 on this forum for any reason they can get (basically jumping on the hate bandwagon).
Loved that thread yesterday that got locked because the OP tried to shit on the game for being able to add ~10 more Kickstarter goals with the additional publisher funding, but had a hissy fit because they removed 1 goal as it didn't fit well with the game design. Was happy to see that people actually saw the positive in it and decided to question the OP and eventually get the thread locked :D

Hopefully the same thing will happen here and people will realise that it is placeholder, like the rest of the system specs were (or maybe I have too much hope for people to use their brains).

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, PC requeriments are basically "this is the hardware we had in the office to test it" nowadays. A 7700k? Yeah, sure buddy.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
How can it possibily be that big?
The Witcher 3 + DLC is only about 40GB or so.
And thats a gigantic open world RPG with god knows how much recorded dialogue.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh cool, another thread to bash Shenmue 3. This time based on old information that's been shared here numerous times.

I was considering posting a thread about yesterday's update with all the new features and stretch goals the team were able to implement, but it's clearly not negative enough for the forum.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
It's placeholder specs. This has been know for over a year. Psn has it listed for 26gb

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
7th gen i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070, 100GB

For this?

30-Reboot_2019_Pawn_shop_and_Prize_exchange-edit.jpg

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I have a GTX 1070 but considering how the game looks I suppose there must be some optimization problem

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Odd spec requirements for a game that clearly doesn't look all that strong..

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Rec specs seem a bit less conservative than I was expecting. My 1070 and 5820 only just make it :/

It's an open world-ish game running on Unreal Engine 4. Clearly YsNet didn't put a cap on the upper end system requirements. Also, the 100GB, I could only imagine that lot of that comes from the uncompressed recorded dialog. The game is said to have at least 500 unique NPC's, and they all have a lot of recorded dialog per character.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
50-100GB games are pretty much the norm nowadays. Gears 4 is around 140GB IIRC.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
50-100GB games are pretty much the norm nowadays. Gears 4 is around 140GB IIRC.

Gears 4 is a monster that started of with 80 GB requirement and then got worse after they kept updating the multiplayer. It´s unfortunate, that they are not able or willing to seperate single- and multiplayer part

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
100GB of storage required, I'm not surprised as Gears 4 on PC is about 110GB and it's just a action shooter.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
The gap between a 650Ti and a 1070 is just way too huge. Also, lol at 16GB RAM. I think the recommended settings are off.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
100GB? Jeezus. I better be able to defeat Lan Di in every way imaginable for that amount of storage.

Edit: Could possibly just be poorly optimized as well too

Dec 15, 2017
Remember that these are Japanese devs... Famous for overstating PC requirements to make you get the PS4 version of the game. My fx6300 will run it at 30 fps just fine.