• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Me waiting for the email....
536.jpg

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a key despite asking for a refund.
Still haven't received my refund.

I'm getting scared now.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They literally said 2 updates ago that people asking for a refund will still get a demo key. They also said refunds can take up to 3 months so not sure what reason you have to be scared.

People that asked the refund same time as me through PayPal already got it.
That's why.

But I didn't know that they clarified that people that asked for refunds would still get keys.
Thanks

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Demo is PC only and the only way to get a key was to back the project at $100+. If people want a key it's best to find PS4 players who don't want their keys, or refunders who *shouldn't* want their free key because it involves the EGS.

As for me, I can't play till tomorrow morning and it's killing me! Trying to avoid streams until I've played it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
If there is someone with no interest in the demo I'll happily to get it, I'm dying to try the game.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
After a second playthrough I'm really so impressed with how they have exceeded expectations. Some things that caught my attention:

ao5qaLe.png

- The world is beautiful and rewards exploration. I walked down the side of a river and found nice little fishing spot hidden away behind some rocks.

- NPC's have quite a bit of depth and have some great personalities. It's fun repeating conversations to see what different things they say.

- Ryo also feels more emotive than previous games. Whilst it's still the same dry responses, the way he responds definitely makes for some funny and great conversations. Sometimes he'll even give sly looks and things like that. You can tell when he's uncomfortable or making sarcastic comments. It's great.

- You can still look through cupboards, draws and things on shelves or placed in the environment. Definitely helps create some immersion and learn about the places you're visiting.

- The voice acting is decent and has all he charm of the originals. For better lip synch use Japanese voices but I love the English too and it reminds me of the previous games.

- The music is amazing. So many reminiscent music tracks and some brand new ones. The way they transition works a lot better than I expected and works well. The music really makes the world come to life.

- I'm not a fan of the crosshair on first-person view but hopefully this can be toggled in the final build. I've read it will be.

- Collecting herbs may start to feel a bit tedious. I get wanting to encourage exploration but that's something I'd do without this. I think the red circles flashing over them and other items is the reason why, if this wasn't flashing over the herbs it would feel a lot more natural picking them up. Maybe I'll get used to it but I'd like the option to toggle that off too.

- Some NPC's have cycles where they go about their day. You see people walking home, going in their houses and doing all sorts of stuff from the limited portion we have here. I'm really happy they have the transition to night cutscene from previous games too.

Overall it's a true Shenmue sequel that we never thought we'd get. If you're a fan of the first 2 games this feels like coming home and seamlessly transitions you back in to the world like you never left. It's insane how they have managed to not only create a sequel that feels and looks this good but that it actually feels like a pure continuation that exceeds any expectations I had when backing it.

Shout out to sausage flip lady.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm installing it now but dont know if I want to play it or wait for the full game.

Who am I kidding, I need to see Shenmue iii and today is the day!

Oct 25, 2017
I had to install the EGS for the first time for this and it's not been the best experience so far.
The trial is downloading at like half speed right now and apparently some Russian named Andrew had hacked into the Epic account I had for Fortnite.
Who gets a code? Which tier?
Is it just pc?
Anyone who pledged 100$ or more on Kickstarter or Slacker backer.
PC only.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$100 backers and pc only

I had to install the EGS for the first time for this and it's not been the best experience so far.
The trial is downloading at like half speed right now and apparently some Russian named Andrew had hacked into the Epic account I had for Fortnite.

Anyone who pledged 100$ or more on Kickstarter or Slacker backer.
PC only.
Cool, thanks. Totally forgot that.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Joining the choir of beggars, if someone doesn't want to make EGS account I'd gladly use the key.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Glad people are enjoying it. It doesn't seem like the original backers of this game are going to be disappointed if they went into it wanting a classic Shenmue experience. I know I did. Passing on the trial (already given code away), but I might look through some of the footage later. I think it looks nice, or at least as nice as I was expecting.

The music seems stunning, so they're already halfway there for me (genuinely a massive part of my enjoyment of the series).

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Two things that stood out aside from the obvious:

- opening drawers right away from the first shop, it's like nothing has changed and got me right back in.
- lots of different conversations to have with everyone about the same subject, as deep as the first game. A lady made a joke about Shenhua and Ryo when asked for direction, an old dude said to ask his wife because he never knows anything... Also you can get more precise directions that get added to the diary as a list, love that stuff.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for a code if anyone is willing to donate.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody knows if the music that plays during the wood chopping is from the previous games? It's beautiful.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to download this (300$ backer). Surprised me to see the code before work this morning.
3 hours left until I get home! 🥰

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Real Shenmue.. wouldn't ask for more! It seems they were really exaggerating about the system requirements, it ran perfectly well on my laptop even by using only one of the GPUs as it lacks SLI support, still was enough to run it on the highest settings on 1080p with stable 60 fps! Good thing I backed it again to get a PC copy, I'll play it on it while waiting for the physical copy on PS4 and platinum it later

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Looks nice, hope theres a ps4 demo at some point, combat looks a bit like Absolver, anyone compare it to that who has played both?

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a right donkey for not backing this now, looking forward to hearing more impressions though!

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Real Shenmue.. wouldn't ask for more! It seems they were really exaggerating about the system requirements, it ran perfectly well on my laptop even by using only one of the GPUs as it lacks SLI support, still was enough to run it on the highest settings on 1080p with stable 60 fps! Good thing I backed it again to get a PC copy, I'll play it on it while waiting for the physical copy on PS4 and platinum it later

What laptop?

Also, what specs do people have around here?

Seeing what is needed to run this game before I maybe get a PC.