• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's more memeable/quotable?

• Thanos

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • Sheev Palpatine

Votes: 380 83.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
star-wars-episode-9-spoilers-rumors-theories-emperor-palpatine-rise-of-skywalker.jpeg

InfinityWar5a4bb0e7cdea1.0.jpg

The MCU has Thanos, arguably the most iconic villain since The Joker in The Dark Knight. Thanos is endlessly quotable, and lends himself to a lot of memes, and his presence single-handedly justifies the epic near 6 hour sojourn into comic book mayhem that Infinity War and Endgame collectively represent.

Star Wars has Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine. Now, Darth Vader is the more "immediate" villain, but Palpatine is the true bad guy of the series, orchestrating the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and ruling the Galaxy behind the scenes. Palpatine is also endlessly quotable and memeable, and the rise of prequel memes has given a new lease of life to his endlessly quotable dialog.

Which one do you think is more memeable/quotable?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Sheev is more quotable because more of his lines are cheesy/hokey. He tends to be quoted ironically too since his movies are shit and the actor is hamming it up.

Furfur

Alt account
Banned
Aug 5, 2019
Palpy and its not even close

The only thing memorable about Thanos is his chin.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any Marvel movies but I'd be shocked if people voted for Thanos over Palpatine. There's just something about the character + prequel writing/dialogue.

As someone who hasn't seen any Marvel I honestly can't think of any Thanos quotes I've seen online/in memes.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Thanos is a better character (or at least more well written) but Sheev is the most memorable/ quotable character in nerdom. I quote Sheev at least a few times a week.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
He's a good villain but personally I wouldn't call Thanos quotable. In fact I'm currently struggling to think of anything memorable he said!

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Sheev does such a good job it starts making me think the prequels aren't all that bad.

THAT'S how good and memorable he is.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The prequels are way worse than anything MCU, but Palpatin was cheesy fun while Thanos was all LOOK MY GRAVITAS, I'M SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT and I just never connect to such things, especially on a premise as silly as Infinity War/Endgame.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Sheev is funnier but Thanos is a much better character/has better lines.

Funny is more memeable tho so..

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
They should hang out some time since they both like infinite things.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we get the definitive answer once Episode 9 is out. Endgame memes were fairly weak, with the only solid one being Thanos' "JUST DO IT"

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Palpatine, but If we're counting Return of the Jedi too then this isn't even in question. The Emperor is one of the most iconic movie villains in history.

a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think that if the trailer for Avengers 9 ended with Thanos saying "I am inevitable" would be nearly as exciting as the trailer for Star Wars Episode 9 ending with The Emperor's laugh?

I don't think so.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
*Looks at poll results so far...*

A surprise to be sure... but a welcome one!

The thing I like about Sheev is he's a go getter. He follows your career with great interest, he declares new galactic empires even when he's scarred and deformed, and if something isn't legal? He will make it legal. Unless its treason. In which case, watch out for unlimited powa, because... he is the senate. I also like that he's a good storyteller. Did you ever hear the tale of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

My favourite moment is when he strokes Luke's Lightsaber in ROTJ
"You... want this don't you?" - top tier snide ass motherfucker, excellent dark side temptation voice

He's also really good at informing you that planned technical difficulties have failed to materialise... Ohhh I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arive... :)

I'm a marvel fan myself, but c'mon. Young fools. OWNLY NOW, AT TEH END, DO YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND

I mean, you wanna vote Thanos? So be it, Jedi

But you're wrong

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Prequel memes are so much more valuable in the stonk market and the meme economy than anything from MCU.

This includes anything Palpatine related.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanos memes
  1. I'm sorry little one
  2. What did it cost? Everything
  3. The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
  4. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
  5. This does put a smile on my face
  6. Destiny still arrives.
  7. I used the stones to destroy the stones.
  8. Gone. Reduced to atoms.
  9. You could not live with your failure... where did that bring you? Back to me.
  10. I don't even know who you are.
  11. I am inevitable.
  12. Just do it!
Sheev memes
  1. I AM THE SENATE
  2. UNLIMITED POWER
  3. Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis...
  4. Its treason then... AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
  5. We will watch your career with great interest.
  6. Not for a Sith.
  7. DO IT
  8. Good, good... let the hate flow through you
  9. I love democracy
  10. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
Its been a minute since I watched Star Wars so feel free to add quotes I missed

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
i can barely remember any thanos quotes. i think i can remember, "i am inevitable". gotta go with papa sheev