• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, loads of stuff has broken the 4th wall, but Fleabag is absolutely the reference for the particular type of aside to the camera that is in absolutely everything recently.
Huh? Marx Brothers, Looney Tunes, Woodie Allen, Saved by the Bell. All popular shit that constantly break the 4th wall by talking to the camera. And She Hulk and Deadpool have been doing it for decades too.

And most shows in the modern era got it from Looney Tunes. Bugs Bunny, Tweety and Daffy CONSTANTLY do asides to the audience in those shorts.
And Looney Tunes got it from the Marx Brothers. This type of humor has been popular for over a century in film.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
And Looney Tunes got it from the Marx Brothers. This type of humor has been popular for over a century in film.

Pretty much. It's not a new conceit, and in She-Hulk's case in particular it's basically endemic to the character in the comics. It would be weirder if she didn't do it in the show.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Second half of Ms marvel, Eternals and DSMOM for me

I watched both Eternals and DSMOM when they came to D+, I didnt like Eternals that much though and DSMOM I at least enjoyed it but they could have done so much for the "Multiverse aspect" lol.

Either ways, its a great time to be a Marvel fan - so many movies and tv shows. Hell, its a great time to be a super hero fan in general with stuff like what DC's making with Shazam 2 and Black Adam and then there's The Boys on Prime which I started recently too.

I still haven't seen No Way Home because that movie seems to be resisting the urge to be streamed for free on any of the multiple streaming services I have access to.

Yeah, I wish it was on a streaming service I have (D+, Prime, HBOMax and Hulu is what I have lol) but I watched it non-streaming.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
It's a bit funny that they don't show Daredevil's cowl/helmet, considering in the past that's the hardest part of the costume to get to look "right".

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This has about 50% more views than the LOTR SDCC trailer on YouTube. That is pretty impressive (so much for marvel fatigue)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also 2 things I haven't seen pointed out: Gamma Hound! And it looks like Bruce has established a dangerous super human training camp resort on a remote island, likely for Jen at first but we also see what looks to be a group counseling session there as well

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Also 2 things I haven't seen pointed out: Gamma Hound! And it looks like Bruce has established a dangerous super human training camp resort on a remote island, likely for Jen at first but we also see what looks to be a group counseling session there as well

Yeah I was wondering if they were all gamma infected.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I was wondering if they were all gamma infected.
It's also possible it's just for anyone with high impact powers that would be dangerous in high population powers. Tho we also need to know what happened with Jen, the blood transfusion after an accident or if there's a gamma incident. We see a tech super(Frogman), mystic(artifacts and wrecking crew using them), gamma syringes(possibly to trigger Blonsky but he may not be the only one. It's probably what upgrades him to the classic look), plus a shapeshifter(pointy ears so alien maybe? Or mystic being) and someone with a general strength boost(mutate or mutant time will tell).

Hopefully we get some hilarious origin story blurb anecdotes in this

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is true btw.

The original teaser looks much better on Disney+ than it does on YT.
Maximilian mentions quite often how bad YouTube compression can be, especially at 1080p. To be honest, I'm surprised that Marvel Studios still doesn't upload their trailers at 4K to combat this.

Oct 30, 2017
this looks like a cool show in concept and the lead seems great for the role but the CGI really is not good. hopefully it'll look better when the actual thing is streaming to my TV but it's honestly kind of offputting from this trailer.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
doctor-bong-she-hulk.jpg

Looking forward to the good doctor making an appearance.
If Doctor Bong appears, then Howard better appear too.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Wish they could've used practical effects like forced perspective instead. Probably asking too much for a Disney+ show.

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some of the issues with the og trailer, but this looks a lot better. There's still some small expression stuff that's not quuuite right, but not enough at all to pull me out of it. Would have watched it with the og effects, even though I obviously prefer the best we can get.

God I hope this is the right balance between all the elements. Basically just Jen existing in this world, rather than being at any extreme end of it.

CapNBritain

Oct 26, 2017
California
What if the hulk training scenes are between Infinity War and Endgame? Like what turns Banner into Professor Hulk also creates She-Hulk? That would explain his healed arm and lack of dourness after Natasha's death. It would allow the series to focus on her already being established.

Obviously she wasn't in Endgame because she wants to be a lawyer more than a hero and wouldn't have been super useful during the science parts of it. Plus Wong and Strange wouldn't know to recruit her for the final battle since they were blipped during her creation.

Sparkle

Dec 19, 2017
The show seems to strike a very fun tone, which feels right for She-Hulk. I enjoyed this trailer a lot and am excited to watch the full season!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That is true but maybe he didn't have any interaction with her during that time. When Strange came back he probably instructed Wong to get everyone that he knew about.
Or he knows she's in the middle of something important. Because obviously this is setting up how Wong and Blonsky became underground fight club buddies

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Wish they could've used practical effects like forced perspective instead. Probably asking too much for a Disney+ show.
The only rel problem with forced perspective is that if you do it wrong (and a lot of people do) it looks way wrong and you either get F&F trying to make Vin look bigger than Rock or you get something that looks like it came out of Power Rangers.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Uh she's breaking the 4th wall

Deadpool copied it from She-hulk

latest
Fun fact

I got into comics through X-Men. A few months later this comic came out and I bought it because I was a kid and believed the threat.

And I became an instant fan. To the point that when the series ended I considered ripping the X-Men comics up.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also here's another thought: Jen's accident was caused by the snap, Bruce is forced to do the transfusion because the world is in panic and screwed up and it's his only desperate way to save her, the only direct family he has left in the world. The training starts during the blip and it's how Bruce achieves professor hulk as well. The events of the show detail why she's out of play endgame(both doesn't want to be involved and busy with work).

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Said this before but hoping to get some mutant cameos with all these enhanced individuals coming out of the woodwork. Like that guy who jumped out the window, who's that? Are they known or could they be a mutant?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Said this before but hoping to get some mutant cameos with all these enhanced individuals coming out of the woodwork. Like that guy who jumped out the window, who's that? Are they known or could they be a mutant?
I mean we see tech(Frogman), mystic(wrecking crew), gamma(syringes and Blonsky), alien/mystic being(shape shifting judge) and mutant or mutate supers in the trailer. I totally expect some hilarious random power origin stories out of this

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I don't want mutants here.
bring some Gamma people. Maybe set up for Immortal Hulk
I mean we get every type of power type teased in the trailer, heck I listed them in the last post
I mean we see tech(Frogman), mystic(wrecking crew), gamma(syringes and Blonsky, gamma hound), alien/mystic being(shape shifting judge) and mutant or mutate supers in the trailer. I totally expect some hilarious random power origin stories out of this

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I find it so wonderful that we're getting this. Imagine seeing The Incredible Hulk back in 2008 and someone told you the next time you'd see The Abomination was in Shang-Chi and later in She-Hulk. And that Daredevil would join them in that series. So fun! :)

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's the same prison in ms marvel? They need to step their game up if a couple guys with no superpower can escape from there so easily, lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Whatever happened to the Raft? Too small for the amount of supers DoDC has to contain or did old Cap wreck it up too badly when he broke his friends out?
It's probably just for high profile and extremely high risk targets. It's also a black site for the government. This is the public one where you can actually get visitors and still public ally exist

Edit: also in the comics they had 4 prisons for superhumans with the raft being the most drastic one, there's also the Cube(Gamma/cosmic radiation villains), the Big House(mid to low level supers who are shrunk down) and the vault(I think) which is primarily tech based villains/More political ones