• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Entrance%2B1.gif

OH WHEY OATS, OH WHEY OATS

H8x9g.gif

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Cgi doesnt look great at all but like the ending of the trailer was enough to get me to watch it lmao

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
looks decent, 9 episodes is great the 6-7 episodes of the previous D+ shows felt SUPER rushed.

It'll probably be like Wandavision where each episode is closer to sitcom length or slightly longer. This is supposed to be like a sitcom.

YEAHHHHHHH

I truly don't understand why they don't give their Disney+ shows a bigger budget and more time, because you know they definitely can

I mean...

Either way, I'm going to watch this because it looks fun

The problem is Marvel has too many movies and TV shows now. Giving She-Hulk more time means less time for the next show. They're probably already hiring as many visual effects firms as they can at this point.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that in a short space of time the MCU has gone from being absolutely 100% sex-free to ending a trailer on She-Hulk getting some action.

Iron Man had sex in the first movie, we've had a sex scene in Eternals, and I guess Wanda and Vision did... something in the bedroom lol

So it was only 98% sex-free before She-Hulk!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That's the most sexual the MCU has ever been and it was just a trailer damn

And yeah look you have a show where your character has to be transformed half the time and it's like 2-3x the length of a movie it's never going to be amazing CGI and I wouldn't expect that

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I think the digital actors look fine on their own, but the compositing is real bad. They look like they've been photoshopped in by someone following along with lesson 3 of a YouTube tutorial.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I think it's cuz Bruce looks a little more cartoony (tbh I never cared for Hulk's CG) and Tatiana is working with lots of big hair and a wider range of emotions (which absolutely matters in the CG game). Plus, teamed up against so many live action elements, it's gonna stand out that much more.

it is because her frace is smooth.
If this is because the cgi is crude because there are like 3 months yet to work or because women can't have wrincles or facial features, that is up in the air

grassblade

Oct 27, 2017
I thought she-hulk was closer to a normal human's proportions? The CGI looks terrible, and they could have cast someone who's tall and jacked for the roll. So many women in wrestling would fit the bill.

Oct 8, 2019
I am a huge fan of Dan Slott's run, and I assume Wong will take the role of Dr Strange in that comic where he summons a ghost at his own trial. All time great comic book. joke that I assume will be in this.

Lady Dimitrescu wasn't in a show that a lot of kids and young teens will watch.

This looks less sexualised than the 90's Spider-man cartoon

Van Helsing had make-up faces on CG bodies in 2004, and IMO they still hold up:
youtu.be

Van Helsing | Fighting Dracula's Brides in 4K HDR

When Van Helsing (Hugh Jackman) arrives in Transylvania, he immediately teams up with Anna Valerious to hunt Dracula's brides.Buy/Rent Van Helsing!Amazon: ht...

That looks really bad, even by 2004 standards.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i also echo, that these vfx houses have to work under almost inhumane conditions. i know 2 people here in munich who work for vfx house, that also do marvel. they have not enough time to finish shots, they work close to 16 hour days, the pay is terrible and most of the changes (caused by reshots) are included in the budget. which means a fuckton of extra work that is not paid.

i have no idea when, but the vfx industry has to implode soon. because that shit aint sustainable.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I didn't realize She-Hulk is so thin compared to Hulk. Thought she'd looked jacked :(

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
CGI looks bad, but I can see why some nerds are already rumoring that it's gonna be bad.

This show and Ms Marvel being focused on women is gonna give these internet nerds an aneurysm.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This looks super fun.

Also, with that release date, it looks like we're gonna have it and Andor airing simultaneously maybe? It's crazy that we're close to having a new SW/MCU episode every week now.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
CGI looks rough, how they keep at it.

But otherwise that trailer was great!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks not bad, quite funny and her being open to the world doing whatever is cool. Was not expecting Hulk or Roth. CGI does look a bit off but maybe watching a full episode it won't come across that way.

Oct 27, 2017
FS_gOPVUcAArEu5

I think it's cuz Bruce looks a little more cartoony (tbh I never cared for Hulk's CG) and Tatiana is working with lots of big hair and a wider range of emotions (which absolutely matters in the CG game). Plus, teamed up against so many live action elements, it's gonna stand out that much more.
What?? Are we looking at the same picture? Bruce isn't the one that looks cartoony. He's the one that looks as he should. His skin is lit properly, looks to actually have good detail and subsurface scattering and all those small touchups that made a CG face look good. Tatiana is the one that looks cartoony.

I thought she-hulk was closer to a normal human's proportions? The CGI looks terrible, and they could have cast someone who's tall and jacked for the roll. So many women in wrestling would fit the bill.
She isn't a buff person that just turns green...

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'm betting they catch Wong sneaking Abomination out of jail for their rigged fights. She Hulk's going to be Wong's lawyer.