• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Still waiting for the trades to report it, but Borys is a writer for the Hollywood Reporter

Late edit - Deadline picked it up

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I just watched the first the other day, it was really good! I hope the villain can be better in the next one (from what they've said I don't think it's Black Adam?) but still, I'm excited.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Not only Shazam got a live action movie and now it's getting a sequel? What kind of timeline is this? I'm really loving it.

I'm surprised that there's still no Hawkman movie in the works. We need more Egyptian mythology exposure in Hollywood, Hawkman/Hawkgirl might be the best way to that. Gentleman Ghost please.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Not only Shazam got a live action movie and now it's getting a sequel? What kind of timeline is this? I'm really loving it.

I'm surprised that there's still no Hawkman movie in the works. We need more Egyptian mythology exposure in Hollywood, Hawkman/Hawkgirl might be the best way to that. Gentleman Ghost please.
Hawkman rumored to be in Black Adam.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018

Not a movie per say, but he's rumored to be in Black Adam.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice..loved Shazam 1, shame more people didn't see it. Hopefully the Rock gives Shazam 2 some boom

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Bring on the Monster Society, comic book's first arc. Hell, I would love for them to use these people:

001d17xf

I also want more Mary, so if humanity can last until then, that would be great

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
Awesome. Took me forever to see the first one, now I"m hooked.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy that there's direct sequels to Shazam, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman but they refuse to make another standalone Superman movie...I mean I get it, since a lot of people didn't like MoS. But it's still surprising to me.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's crazy that there's direct sequels to Shazam, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman but they refuse to make another standalone Superman movie...I mean I get it, since a lot of people didn't like MoS. But it's still surprising to me.

Well it helps when Wonder Woman and Aquaman made more money than any Superman movie

Shazam was just cheap to make

Though it kind of sucks, two of my favorite comic movies are getting sequels, a week apart. And both weren't huge box office hits already...

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear although we knew it was going to be greenlit. Can't wait to see it!

Loved the first movie and rewatched it last week.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Well it helps when Wonder Woman and Aquaman made more money than any Superman movie

Shazam was just cheap to make

Though it kind of sucks, two of my favorite comic movies are getting sequels, a week apart. And both weren't huge box office hits already...
Oh for sure, and don't get me wrong - they all deserve sequels. I loved the first Shazam. I just really want to see a real MoS 2...I think Cavill would kill it if he gets another shot at the role.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
lol I forgot Shazam came out this year. Pretty forgettable movie in the end. It was an okay watch tho.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Please god, give us this with Henry Cavill

aYsfRYqyBrq3TnCdsy6pb3EACYhEGCF67vkBzVqR9zcNzUlyA-s8ONQQVtAFRe9y0ZMw=w720-h405-rw
Oh for sure, and don't get me wrong - they all deserve sequels. I loved the first Shazam. I just really want to see a real MoS 2...I think Cavill would kill it if he gets another shot at the role.
Fully agreed and I feel this could be a good opportunity to "reintroduce" him. But I also want a proper standalone film. I hope The Witcher generates enough goodwill for him that WB finally get their act together.

Also, I hate how Endgame just completely pushed Shazam out of the spotlight. I wanted to watch it badly but it was gone before I could catch it. Shit sucks. I get that Endgame was a huge event but c'mon.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Only thing I didn't like about the first was Billy, the kid. He... was not very likable, and nothing like Zachary Levi.