• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason the people I play Fortnite with haven't had interest in Apex is because we're spread over PC, Xbox and PS4 and it doesn't have cross-play.

I think Sony was very reluctant to open cross-play and only did so because of the massive phenomenon that Fortnite was at the time. The pressure they felt from the negative press as a result of the cross-platform advocates has mostly dissipated since then, and my guess is that they'll keep this program in 'beta' until similar pressure starts to mount again.

In the end though they'll have to open it up, but this was not something they wanted or planned to do, even only a year ago.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to hear you were not granted cross-play for Wargroove by Sony.

However, you have not indicated the reason or intimated a sniff of why Sony declined to offer cross-play for Wargroove. You must either remember a verbal communication, have an email or an official document suggesting why it was not possible.

Care to shed any light at all?
Jesus Christ the rabbid fanboys in here.
Sony will just tell them no, they aren't going to give Devs a reason. There you go.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said it before but only a major boycott will see any drastic change, either from consumers or developers but it needs to happen for this issue to get rectified.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason the people I play Fortnite with haven't had interest in Apex is because we're spread over PC, Xbox and PS4 and it doesn't have cross-play.

I think Sony was very reluctant to open cross-play and only did so because of the massive phenomenon that Fortnite was at the time. The pressure they felt from the negative press as a result of the cross-platform advocates has mostly dissipated since then, and my guess is that they'll keep this program in 'beta' until similar pressure starts to mount again.

In the end though they'll have to open it up, but this was not something they wanted or planned to do, even only a year ago.
Yeah it feels obvious they're willing to play ball only when the game is too big and visible for them to ignore

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Or 4. You have no idea, and are open to various suggestions.

what's more worrying is this reactionary bullshit to string someone up for a few words lol

Like have a word with yourselves instead, he hasn't lied anywhere, he said there open to talk, talking doesn't automatically mean yes nor does it mean no off the bat.

Why can't Microsoft let us play for free on Xbox with f2p???? Oh well, they don't so I play f2p stuff on other platforms. Do the same buddy, its not worth getting so worked up about.
Can you imagine if people didn't "get so worked up about" the initial plans for the Xbox One with its DRM, its 24 hour check in, etc? People goy REALLY mad and they managed to get freaking Microsoft to do a 180° spin in the whole Xbox One concept.

It's okay buddy, you can criticise a company you like when they do a factually bad thing for consumers so that it becomes better. Don't worry nobody will take your PS4 away if you wish for anti consumer bullshit to stop

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm sorry to hear you were not granted cross-play for Wargroove by Sony.

However, you have not indicated the reason or intimated a sniff of why Sony declined to offer cross-play for Wargroove. You must either remember a verbal communication, have an email or an official document suggesting why it was not possible.

Care to shed any light at all?
Are you being serious with this questioning CEO's like that on here? They will not continue to post here if you sit there like a sleazy defense attorney questioning whether they are telling the truth or not.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling its a security issue. Sony have a far stricter policy especially after the hack.

The post of Chucklefish said its as easy as flipping a switch but how many layers of security does that switch have?

All we know the Switch and Xbox have some wild west security measures but Sony want something far stronger. If there is a weakness in the system let's say on the Switch side and hackers gain access to the 3 consoles accounts we will be all blaming the publishers.

Jesus Christ at this bit. Like how does this poster have any insight into any of this to make the claim? PSN has had far more security issues then the others, and a report based on comparison of XBL/PSN concluded in XBL being more reliable then it's competition https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12851918/xbox-live-vs-playstation-network-which-is-faster

It's like your writing out your own fantasy.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
man......the 3 posters that keep defending just keep on delivering the bullshit and its glorious. keep posting please, its making my day entertaining

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

CEO Of Chucklefish here, we just launched Wargroove with crossplay between PC, Switch and Xbox so I wanted to chime in.

We made many requests for crossplay (both through our account manager and directly with higher ups) all the way up until release month. We were told in no uncertain terms that it was not going to happen.

From our side, we can *literally* toggle a switch and have it working. Of course policy work might be more complicated for Sony.

Just wanted to provide some balance on the issue and say that it certainly isn't a question of developers having not contacted their account managers or having dropped the ball. We were told no.
Hi, and thanks a lot for chiming in.

I was also wondering, if Sony had been open to cross play, would you have launched the PS4 version simultaneously with the others? Or are there other considerations at play?

Thanks!

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
As much as I love Sony, I really hope MS and Nintendo become somewhat of partners since their product ideology are so different.

Give me Xbox streaming service on the Switch...then Sony will be SWEATING.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
No matter what you think of specific issues, Sony's PR lately has been a disaster. In terms of communication they remind of Xbox five years ago.

If you have an unpopular policy, do something good to counteract it or at least be clear about it so that the debate moves on. Don't allow these endless discussions that last for months or even years where uncertainty is the norm.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
unknown.png

Hilarious shot from his opening speech at the DICE Summit right now.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
People said I was crazy for suggesting that but when Sony routinely fails developers like this I have to question how long devs can continue to eat shit before taking drastic action.
I know a few indie developers and they all say the same: at the beginning of the gen, Sony was great to work with, unlike the other two. Nintendo didn't change much but their console is very popular, and Microsoft completely changed their approach with ID@Xbox and now they love it. Again, this isn't consensus but the experience of a few friends who happen to be small developers, but it does match what we've seen lately from every company.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
at this point, the best action whould be to take the games out of the platform.

Lose potentially a lions share of sales and thus profit, perhaps even the future of your studio, because a very small minority of consumers are unhappy they can't play against others on competing consoles? You realise crossplay is only a fairly recent feature that is far from common practice, and is instead still outlier in its implementation?

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People said I was crazy for suggesting that but when Sony routinely fails developers like this I have to question how long devs can continue to eat shit before taking drastic action.
When they start losing money over this. This isn't a big enough problem yet for people to choose one platform over the other until that happens devs are going to continue putting their games on Sony platforms.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's obviously a more controversial subject but look at the recent censorship debacle. The developers of Senran Kagura are completely rebooting the latest game/franchise to fit the new policies rather than simply move away from PS4. The producer also deflected away from it being PlayStation policies, suggesting its widespread when that's blatantly false. Other devs have quietly changed their games and refuse to say why.

No one wants to go against Sony.