• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What with "all the rich people are shit" takes from this history.

Poor people do fucked up shit too.

I just saw a video of locals making a dog fight a bear in India. Those guys weren't rich.

Some poor people are terrible.

All rich people are intrinsically terrible.

That's the difference. Wealth is inherently evil. If you have millions or billions and don't give it to those who need it, you're a shitbag.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
She bought my brother coffee in LA after she falsely accused him of cutting her in line in Starbucks

Was pretty apologetic about it

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Some poor people are terrible.

All rich people are intrinsically terrible.

That's the difference. Wealth is inherently evil. If you have millions or billions and don't give it to those who need it, you're a shitbag.
That kind of thinking come off as edgy as fuck but whatever. What % of your weekly paycheck you donate to those in need?

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
Is there a better explanation on how she "forced" the assistant to enter a burning home? Did she shove her into the house?

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That kind of thinking come off as edgy as fuck but whatever. What % of your weekly paycheck you donate to those in need?

Roughly 5%. I make $8/hr plus tips, so if I could donate more I would, but I can't. Rent alone costs 70% of my monthly income.

Betcha thought you gotcha'd me there, though.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
The Osbornes are losers. Always have, always will. This includes Ozzy and his sad excuse of a band.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I am utterly confused by this TV show. So she tells the story, people are laughing, you would think they're laughing because they think she's making it all up because it's so outrageous right? But then they say they think it's true, and they're still laughing and clapping and hooting...

....What?

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
Easy. Having wealth and not giving it away is ethically irredeemable. Ergo, the very act of being rich makes you evil. Ergo, all rich people are evil.

How do you know how she spends her money? How do you know how any "rich" person spends their money? How do you know how much money any random rich person spends on philanthropy. You are just assuming and it sounds incredibly ridiculous.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018

The whole "how much do YOU donate" angle doesn't add up considering that's the whole point of taxes - to collectively distribute resources to causes and people that need it. The existence of the powerful/wealthy warp governments at all levels where they are able to keep their taxation/regulation low to none and hoard resources to further gain more power.

Asking the downtrodden, most of which are barely getting by check to check to donate more is only a point made by those who wish to keep the scam going.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know how she spends her money? How do you know how any "rich" person spends their money? How do you know how much money any random rich person spends on philanthropy. You are just assuming and it sounds incredibly ridiculous.

Thanks for stating the obvious, still doesn't change my mind. I was just explaining my stance on someone who asked, but I'm not accepting input at this time. Sorry.

None of that matters. Until they give away enough to not be wealthy, they're evil.

And that's it for me in this thread, peace.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
If she's not bullshitting for attention that's pretty fucked up. But I think she is bullshitting on this one, trying to be funny. She's a bellend either way, but that was true before this story.

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
Immoral is probably a better description.

My dad had a friend who was a small town mechanic for big rigs. From everything I knew about the dude he was a family man, a good guy all around. He won $14,000,000 in the lottery. He never even retired, h just kept working at his shop and spread the wealth to his employees and family.

So he is immoral simply because he went and bought a lottery ticket and lucked into $14,000,000? I mean, you never REALLY know someone. He might've been a scumbag behind closed doors. Or a murderer. But that is exactly my point, you can't just paint such incredibly broad strokes of judgement based upon something as basic as "that person has money". Judging a person as a whole is ultimately a very complex thing that is a culmination of many different factors.

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
Thanks for stating the obvious, still doesn't change my mind. I was just explaining my stance on someone who asked, but I'm not accepting input at this time. Sorry.

None of that matters. Until they give away enough to not be wealthy, they're evil.

And that's it for me in this thread, peace.

You should probably grow up and mature in your world views man. What a completely miserable and bitter way to be going through life. Take care.

Oct 27, 2017
My dad had a friend who was a small town mechanic for big rigs. From everything I knew about the dude he was a family man, a good guy all around. He won $14,000,000 in the lottery. He never even retired, h just kept working at his shop and spread the wealth to his employees and family.

So he is immoral simply because he went and bought a lottery ticket and lucked into $14,000,000? I mean, you never REALLY know someone. He might've been a scumbag behind closed doors. Or a murderer. But that is exactly my point, you can't just paint such incredibly broad strokes of judgement based upon something as basic as "that person has money". Judging a person as a whole is ultimately a very complex thing that is a culmination of many different factors.
He didn't hoard the money. So your example isn't relevant.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
By my standards, multi-millionaire or higher.

OK, gotcha. I don't agree that someone with wealth is inherently terrible. A lot of other factors go into it.

But given where society is I understand where the sentiment comes from.

None of this is relevant to this specific person. They're themselves shitty. By their own choice to send someone into a burning house and rip their oxygen mask off.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Didn't she also laugh at a man who had his penis cut off when she heard about it as she was on TV? She is the very definition of a cruel, evil old woman.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
The truly rich are often rich because of gross exploitation of labor and inheritance that is the result of that gross exploitation of labor, to say nothing of money that can be traced back to slavery and/or war.

Given that, as a class, they often use that capital in order to gain even more capital at the expense of the poor and middle class I think it's fair to say that as a class they are deeply amoral if not evil. Obviously class status is not an impediment to being evil, but resources bring with them an enormous capacity to project evil outside of you.

How many people's lives have been utterly ruined by the old kings of Europe or the DeBeers family or the plantation owners of the south and Caribbean? How many lives were thrown under the grinders of capital in order to increase the wealth of the already rich?

That is so say nothing of the fact that knowing about the world and choosing to continue to live as a millionaire or multimillionaire necessitates prioritizing your own comfort over the literal hundreds, if not thousands, of lives their wealth could save.

Hell, Bill Gates, who has done a lot of good in the world, has not ruled out voting for Donald Trump if his opponent's wealth tax is too high. Think about that. Even the good billionaires can't handle just being wealthy and not obscenely wealthy.

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't hoard the money. So your example isn't relevant.
"All rich people are intrinsically terrible." means it would be relevant. You can't start adding qualifiers because someone made an incredibly nonsensical generalization. For instance, let's say your idea of rich is being a millionaire. Most doctors by the time they retire will be millionaires. Most families of doctors will be multi-millionaires by virtue of generational wealth transfer. You could apply that to a number of other professions as well. And that's not even considering athletes or entertainers (musicians, actors, etc). There are ethical ways of becoming rich. Not every rich person/family games their taxes to pay less either.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Historical Reference Implying Violence
GEQR4oy.gif

You should probably grow up and mature in your world views man. What a completely miserable and bitter way to be going through life. Take care.
Sounds fine to me

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
"All rich people are intrinsically terrible." means it would be relevant. You can't start adding qualifiers because someone made an incredibly nonsensical generalization. For instance, let's say your idea of rich is being a millionaire. Most doctors by the time they retire will be millionaires. Most families of doctors will be multi-millionaires by virtue of generational wealth transfer. You could apply that to a number of other professions as well. And that's not even considering athletes or entertainers (musicians, actors, etc). There are ethical ways of becoming rich. Not every rich person/family games their taxes to pay less either.
It's the hoarding that makes rich people evil. If you don't hoard then you're not rich. Being a doctor doesn't cancel out the wealth you've hoarded.

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
"All rich people are intrinsically terrible." means it would be relevant. You can't start adding qualifiers because someone made an incredibly nonsensical generalization. For instance, let's say your idea of rich is being a millionaire. Most doctors by the time they retire will be millionaires. Most families of doctors will be multi-millionaires by virtue of generational wealth transfer. You could apply that to a number of other professions as well. There are ethical ways of becoming rich. Not every rich person/family games their taxes to pay less either.

To be more accurate, it was "the very act of being rich makes you evil. Ergo, all rich people are evil."

ALL rich people are EVIL. Evil is at least a few notches down on the shitty ladder than "terrible". Just to be clear folks, I'm not necessarily defending the rich. I sure as shit will point out the ridiculously childish logic involved in sweeping generalizations like what's going on in here.

Gotta love when it is pointed out how ridiculous they sound and the end result isn't listening, taking in what people are saying, internalizing it and maybe seeing things from a realistic world view. No...the end result is "yeah well that is what I feel so BYE"

*joedirtrunningawayfromkidrock.gif

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017

If you understand how bad the world is for many, many people and you choose to hoard money beyond what you need to live, there is a deep amorality in choosing your own pleasure over the lives of other people.

You can say it's understandable if you want, but it's philosophically hard to argue that hoarding wealth is moral.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the hoarding that makes rich people evil. If you don't hoard then you're not rich. Being a doctor doesn't cancel out the wealth you've hoarded.
What exactly is considered "hoarding" wealth? If you're a millionaire, and pay whatever proper share of taxes you owe (without using loopholes) are you a hoarder just because you save the rest and only spend what you want to?

Oct 27, 2017
To be more accurate, it was "the very act of being rich makes you evil. Ergo, all rich people are evil."

ALL rich people are EVIL. Evil is at least a few notches down on the shitty ladder than "terrible". Just to be clear folks, I'm not necessarily defending the rich. I sure as shit will point out the ridiculously childish logic involved in sweeping generalizations like what's going on in here.

Gotta love when it is pointed out how ridiculous they sound and the end result isn't listening, taking in what people are saying, internalizing it and maybe seeing things from a realistic world view. No...the end result is "yeah well that is what I feel so BYE"

*joedirtrunningawayfromkidrock.gif
That's not what's happening here. If you give away your money, then you're not rich anymore. If you're not rich then you're not a bad person. I don't see why that's hard to understand.