• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AI Generative Art is

• Black magic

Votes: 110 18.7%
  • Nightmarefuel

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • Pretty fucking impressive

Votes: 217 36.8%
  • Overblown

Votes: 52 8.8%
  • Merely the beginning

Votes: 271 46.0%
  • Just a computer doing computer stuff

Votes: 114 19.4%
  • THOR-E: The Generative World

Votes: 95 16.1%

• Total voters

Skyzar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you so much FliX!

The MidJourney trial has a limit of 25 mins of GPU usage for the entire trial I've found out. I was going to offer some of the giveaway entries that didn't win some requests but I already used maybe most of it without realising, thinking it'd be like the dalle-2 one which gives 50/day as someone mentioned in the request thread. It doesn't really tell you anything about the limits that I could see - I just noticed the bot warning another user he was about to run out.

For anyone else that got in that hasn't used it yet:

It gives you a collage of 4 small images and then you can click U1-4 or V1-4 for either Upsaling or a Variations of that image.
Or you can click the refresh symbol for another go at the same prompt.
Each click takes like a minute though the max upscale can take longer.

Like this:
RK2hgUi.png

I can subscribe for $10/month for 200 mins GPU usage each month also.

This was requested by my family "a painting of a pirate with a pet monkey in a spaceship in the style of Gustav Klimt":
RRtbP4V.png

Last edited:

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
YApJuyf.png

I have made a piece of bizarre existential horror

RaUAIJR.jpeg

Some of these are legitimately cool.

dYhmVhU.png

Last one for today, middle-right is my favourite.

Last edited:

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I've got into the midjourney beta after all thanks to an invite from someone here 👍 and just looking through these channels where thousands of people create to most craziest looking pictures second by second is absolute breathtaking. You can learn a lot by just live seeing what terms people use.

tlC8Xb.png

tlCWr7.png

tlCi4r.png

tlCjNF.png

tlCIi3.png

tlCZd0.png

tlCgLD.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ah man I've almost already burned through my Midjourney processing time. I had no idea it was limited.
It was a lot of fun though. I might subscribe to the basic plan.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Showoffs with ya non-mini, non-blurry output, easily distinguished output...

Hmmm, I thought I'd posted more in this thread, but I have posted 6 images to date. Make that 7...

U4gD1Wn.png

To compare the parsing at least, yesterday in 'mini quoted above vs below for "sunrise on the moon in paper art"

MJ always shows a moon in the sky (below) although I got some amazing results.

041393ac-ee7a-454c-ab70-376355d3ed39_dejay_sunrise_on_the_moon_in_paper_art.png

0_0.png

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Some from yesterday.

a cyberpunk monk meditating on a moss field in front of a realistic rendered neon altar under a starry night high quality c4d
siY4xlY.png

photorealistic steam punk Eiffel tower surrounded by moody foggy street
UkK2WB2.png

oil painting of cherry blossom under a red sunset
7fFTxdT.png

rainbow coloured paint dripping down the face of a girl on a dark grey background, realistic, render, octane, volumetric lighting
RceWmip.png

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
old Dilapidated cottage next to a river in a thick Forrest with old moss growths under a full moon and heavy rain and fog hyperrealistic high quality rendering
z728UxG.png

KJ8emrs.png

floating futuristic neon sky hotel over the clouds with a rose colored sunset

w3v35D0.png

8iGEWQw.png

baby Yoda on a bean bag blowing bubbles
al8xDe5.png

ice cream lasagna with birthday candles photorealistic
NZ3ljX6.png

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. A apocalyptic collapse and further crunch of all art careers.

I think it's going to take years before AI art is ready for production use, and that will probably only ever happen with retouching or some sort of interactive edit process with artists at the helm.

If I was a concept artist though I'd be sweating a bit.

2 gifts from Skyzar

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Skyzar Skyzar!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Skyzar said:
Ayoo
MidJourney trial invites

Remember it's 25mins of GPU time. Then you'll need to subscribe (paid).

Links expire in 24hours from this post.

These are our awesome prizes:

• MidJourney  (web/discord) MidJourney (web/discord): MidJourney Trial Invite - Won by VorpalNonsense VorpalNonsense (1 entry)
  • MidJourney (web/discord) MidJourney (web/discord): MidJourney Trial Invite - Won by SpartyCrunch SpartyCrunch (1 entry)

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for Skyzar I now have access to Midjourney trial:

George Costanza burned on Mustafar
HzauBEa.jpg

George Costanza dressed as Darth Vader
yorsbsO.jpg

Last edited:

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
Think I might have to get a subscription to Midjourney to get this out of my system lol. Running out of time in the beta.

ghostly viking longship emerging from the mist in rough seas, a sea monster shrouded in the mist behind it, 8k, hyper-realistic, by H.R. Giger
0_0.png

0_0.png

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Think I might have to get a subscription to Midjourney to get this out of my system lol. Running out of time in the beta.

ghostly viking longship emerging from the mist in rough seas, a sea monster shrouded in the mist behind it, 8k, hyper-realistic, by H.R. Giger
0_0.png

0_0.png
As a writer with absolutely no talent for visual art, this kind of output is why Midjourney gets me so damn excited. I have for years visualized these bleak, monstrous ideas and the idea of being able to take the words in my head and put them into a visual representation? I hope my own output looks even half this good. Thanks for sharing.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
What are some good hints you guys found to get good results? Like, adding an author or things like "volumetric lighting" or artstation or something?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Got into Midjourney but looks like you will need to pay after a bit instead of having a certain amount of attempts/day. Man, now I really gotta think about what I want to make!