• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Went to visit my rich uncle in Colorado Springs, his house was awesome. After a few days we left Colorado and went on a cross country trip from Colorado to Florida , best trip I've had so far.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Our 5 week trip in Australia & NZ was pretty dope.
Melbourne, Daintree Rainforrest, Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, Great Ocean Road, Christmas in the Bush and a long week stint on the south island of NZ complete with an overnight kayak trip out in Doubtful Sound.
Was amazing all round.

One of my personal favorites was as a teenager a two week canoeing trip in France. 2 Weeks of cannoning and wild camping along the river wherever took our fancy. For the most part we didn't even pitch tents and just slept under the stars and counted shooting stars.

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
Twelve days of constant hiking through Peru, in 2019.

nmJkhAc.jpg

Ngn6PwF.jpg

LesiWRu.jpg

Turning my brain off in the Maldives, in 2015.

5GmFpdf.png

DfwKtP1.png

Different extremes of the vacation spectrum, I don't think I'll top either of these any time soon.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Not sure if this qualifies as vacation but after I dropped out of college in Oregon I had about 2 months before I had to come home to Massachusetts. I spent the 2 months exploring all of California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia. It was incredible.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Ecuador.

Day trip to Quito, had lunch near the crater of a volcano.

Then a week cruise in the Galapagos Islands. Just pure joy the whole time. So many cool animals and breathtaking vistas, including while snorkelling in the Pacific.

Then a week in a remote set of lodges deep into the equatorial rainforest. Swimming in a piranha lake, canoeing at night listening to the music of the jungle while trying to spot caimans with your flashlight, breathing the pure air of the rainforest while making sure you avoid bullet ants... it was amazing. <3

Just an all-around amazing experience that I will forever cherish. Don't regret splurging on that one bit.

Bonus: Despite having chronic allergies I had zero symptom the whole time. I kind of want to retire to Ecuador one day... šŸ˜­

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
My 10 day trip to Hawaii was pretty amazing but I'm hoping to top it very soon once I start really traveling again.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I spent a week in Clearwater, FL 25 years ago. That's the only vacation-like thing I've ever had, so it wins by default. I rarely left the hotel room.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017

Sun And Bass festival at San Teodoro, Sardinia (7 days). Went 3 years in a row with SO (2012-2014) and planned to go with kids last year but fuck Rona.

DnB, best dnb dj's and happy people everywhere roaming the place at day and night. Beach, good food, stellar party nights... Just fantastic.

Oct 28, 2017
Not a vacation in the strictest use but when I was in the navy we did a 3 month cruise from Norfolk VA to South America.

We stopped in
Cuba
St. Marteen
Panama
Columbia
Peru
Chile

And even though it was "work" it was still the best time I have ever had off the clock.

Great wolf lodge for a few days.

Did you go in the winter? My kids want to go but it's summer and damn if it ain't cheap either.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Two weeks in Thailand with my wife (fiancƩe at the time). A week in Chiang Mai and a week in Phuket (we both liked Chiang Mai way, way more than Phuket). A couple days in Bangkok.

Runner-up is the Alaskan cruise we went on for our honeymoon.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
4 days in Rome strung together with a 7-day cruise in the Mediterranean. With 4 stops in Greece, 2 in Turkey and 1 in Italy.

Never packed so much food and history into a trip before.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not a vacation in the strictest use but when I was in the navy we did a 3 month cruise from Norfolk VA to South America.

We stopped in
Cuba
St. Marteen
Panama
Columbia
Peru
Chile

And even though it was "work" it was still the best time I have ever had off the clock.

Did you go in the winter? My kids want to go but it's summer and damn if it ain't cheap either.

Never been. I was waiting for the kids to get a little older and now with Corona virus we'll hopefully get to go next year.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand for a month. Non stop hiking. It was incredible.

Second place was the Azores. Stunning islands.

Oct 27, 2017
P1050908-e1430358307616.jpg.webp

I took Amtrak's California Zephyr line from Oakland to Chicago. It was an incredible experience that made me hate everything about flying. Would do it (or another train ride) again in a heartbeat.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Two weeks in Japan. Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nara. I'm not much of a traveler, let alone internationally, but I loved it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Honeymoon on a small resort island in Fiji. Stayed in a super nice villa, did tons of things including paddleboarding, snorkeling (one of the snorkeling guides actually took my wife's gopro and dove down and got video of a baby shark for us), could have meals or wine brought to the villa, was overall an excellent trip and totally worth the steep asking price for it.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica, Osa Peninsula. My wife and I love wildlife, so we had an amazing time seeing all the birds, monkeys, crabs, dolphins and rays, crocodiles, even an anteater outside our cabin one night.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The company my wife works for has a yearly ceremony where the company chooses MVPs and sends them to Cabo San Lucas for a week, all expenses paid. It normally mostly goes to sales reps, (which my wife is not,) but she was chosen several years ago and we spent a week on the beach in Cabo, basically being treated like royalty. It was amazing, and I still think about going back.

DMPinheiro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Spent about 23 days in Japan back in 2016. Definitely the best days of me and my wife's lives. We managed to visit most of the country and were supposed to return in 2020, but the pandemic screwed everything up.

If things to relatively back to normal eventually we'll definitely go back and visit what we missed. Kyoto is now my favorite place in the world and I really want to visit it again.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
It's still Paris in 2016. I'm planning on finally going to Japan in 2022, originally scheduled for 2020, so maybe my answer will change.