• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Everything on the Pun-Colle - Legendary Punk Songs Colllection record performed by anime voice actresses.

Here is The Exploited's 'Sex and Violence' performed by the OG Queen of Akiba herself; Momoi Halko

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
A sort of Lounge style cover of Black Sabbath's Iron Man:

The Cardigans rule.
This is a stealth "The Cardigans" thread, isn't it?

Okay, here we go:

This isn't even scratching the surface on the amazing Black Sabbath/Ozzy covers they've done.
giphy.gif

NiN cover of Joy Division.

Another cool Talking Heads cover (of This Must Be the Place):

Last edited:

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Metalcore band The Devil Wears Prada covering Julien Baker is an interesting one. Great rendition IMO

sladeums

Jun 12, 2019
Omaha, NE
haha
I've actually been listening to Ween / Dean Ween Group doing covers all day long

enjoyed covers of these tunes :

Black Sabbath - War Pigs
CSNY - Ohio
David Bowie - Width of a Circle
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Doors - LA Woman
Grateful Dead - Stella Blue
Grateful Dead - Fire on the Mountain
Led Zeppelin - All of My Love
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
Prince - Purple Rain
Prince - 1999
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Rolling Stones - Fool To Cry
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
Velvet Underground/Lou Reed - Intro/Sweet Jane

fer sure tho they had the most headturning cover ever for me with
LMLYP on God Ween Satan back in 1990 (especially in context with rest of the album)
which covers/quotes Prince's Shockadelica and Alphabet Street with some added lyrics
so good

Ween - LMLYP (Let Me Lick Your Pussy) :
**lyrical content is sexually explicit and NSFW**

^^ WAY WAY WAY THE FUCK
NSFW

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017

Haha. Haven't thought about that album in a while. I eMuled that mother, back in the day.

I'm really struggling to think of something different yet well known.

I really can't stand the trend of heavier/louder/more energetic songs sung in a sparse, vulnerable way. It's the laziest and shittiest kind of cover.

I was playing in a covers band, doing parties and the like, and the singer wanted us to do 'Sound of Silence' by Disturbed. I really didn't like that song the first time I heard it, after practicing it for an hour we all absolutely hated it!

I was also in an indie/folk band in London in the 00s. We did a cover of Army of Dreamers by Kate Bush, with xylophone and mandolin. The band was ever so slightly hipster!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Japanese math rock band does Disney cover.

British music critics start a dance-pop band and cover Neil Young.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just an incredible cover.

Michael's cover just has an entirely different vibe, far more ethereal and punchy.

I honestly prefer this to the original.

Oct 27, 2017
So what would you expect Kreator, arguably one of the hardest and most extreme of 80s thrash metal bands, to cover? 80s goth isn't the first thing that would come to mind.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
Notable mentions to Devo's covers of Satisfaction and Are You Experienced, but I'll link something completely different - a Welsh-language cover of Joy Division's New Dawn Fades, by Rheinallt H. Rowlands:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

She didn't change much up, just improved the shit from "that 80's song you vaguely recall from some movie" to "Oh yea that cover from Sky High"

flook

Oct 28, 2017
A band nobody has heard of cover a one hit wonder I doubt anyone remembers beautifully:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
A Perfect Circle's cover of Failure's "The Nurse Who Loved Me".