• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/papa-johns-announces-its-newest-board-member-shaquille-oneal.html

Papa John's announced Friday that its newest board member is a familiar name: Shaquille O'Neal.
O'Neal will serve as the board's first African American director, as well as an investor in nine Papa John's restaurants in Atlanta.

He will also serve as an ambassador for the embattled pizza brand for three years. The endorsement deal will net him $8.25 million, paid half in cash and half in Papa John's stock.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
This had better not cut into his time for filming commercials for The General auto insurance.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I still won't buy their pizza. This is no different than a new marketing campaign to rebrand. They should have fired their CEO a very long time ago.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
great for Shaq!

"black friend" on the board of directors? holy shit that company is desperate.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only good thing that will come out of this is him getting extremely butthurt when other people tease him about Papa John's being hot garbage

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
goddamn what franchises does this man not own? def good with making that money work for him. didn't realize he got in on that pre-ipo google action too.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't like their pizza, but at least it's a step in the right direction as far as the company's image is concerned since they lost all those sponsorship deals.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Shaq been on respectablity poltics for years, I am not impressed

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of when Nascar paid Magic Johnson a couple of mill to promote them way back when viewership was declining.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
What Shaq is trying to do here is like putting a patch on a really bad sore, consumers are just gonna be icy or hot for the brand at this point.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
How has no one posted this yet:
giphy.gif