• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised Sony or Nintendo didn't take advantage of the potential marketing.

Those companies could at least thrown in $100 in eShop or PSN money for everyone to get a game or two.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
999 Switches and 1 PS5

this is a joke about the availability of PS5s. :p

Very generous and kind holiday spirit, Shaq!

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Damn, reading that brought a tear to my eye. Good on him and I'm happy for those kids.

Wish I had friends over at Nintendo Switch.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
The joke is that he'll put his face on everything 😂
Df-MCTay-U0-AAD7-CC.jpg

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty cool of him. Seen him on some tv show hook some kids up with Apple products who couldn't afford it, but kept lingering around the store. Bought some dude with huge feet a ton of shoes as well. Shaq seems like a nice dude.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
Shaq is probably my favorite LSU alumni ever because of stuff like this, and also for the morals he's been teaching his children about how to handle money and fame

There's still time for Joe Burrow to get up there too if he wants to donate a few thousand PS5s to kids next Christmas lol

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather this with them going to kids in need than scalpers getting them.

Scalpers can't bulk buy the ones coming directly from Sony. I have no doubt Shaq had some folks get in touch with Sony and they set aside some stock of what they had, but either way they weren't going to scalpers

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I am going to go on the record and say what's on my heart; Shaq-Fu 2 is an underrated throw back beat-em-up, and these kids would be even more fortunate if it was pre installed on the PS5s.

Oct 25, 2017
I like to think Shaq has no idea what a PS5 is or how hard it is to find one. He just wrote a check and some one performed a miracle to get them. Shaq then opens up a box and goes "why does it have a popped collar?"

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Cool. I like this.

But I must say if really wanted to perform a Christmas miracle, he should be handing out full scholarships to University for a thousand kids and throw in some PS5 dev kits whilst he's at it. The next Team Cherry or Supergiant giant from underserved communities isn't going to happen overnight.

A PS5 is nice of Christmas, the gift of education is for life.

ArcheTenix

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 22, 2021
Great bit of marketing for him. Gestures like this are more depressing than heartwarming though.